GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My British Gas Complaint with the CEO - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My British Gas Complaint with the CEO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My British Gas Complaint with the CEO

Greetings all,

Right due to Chris Jansen the CEO of British Gas giving is email to Sky News and inviting customers to complain to him if they did not agree with the latest Price increases I decided to take him up on that offer due to not getting a response from there customer services on another complaint regarding door step salesmen.

Those emails are as follows:

Dear Mr Jansen,

Firstly thank you for releasing your email address on sky news because there are not many CEO's that will do that and it is wrong if a customer cannot get a complaint sorted via the usual channels then it should go to the top tier to be resolved.

Now I am a relatively new customer of yours have switched from southern having rejected there last price increase.

I came to via a door step saleman and never again will I use that method as all they have in there minds is bonus and not the customers best interests do I blame them though not really as they are taught the spill from higher up.

You latest price increases anounced today are obseen to say the least now you are going to ask why so I will give you the answer.

Those increases do not reflect the RPI price index hell not even the CPI price index indeed they just seem to be thrown out of a hat.

Increasing the price to the customer is the easy option, what you should be doing given the difficulties this nation is facing is to negotiate with your suppliers to keep prices as low as possible, however that option must be too hard for your company.

I am absolutly livid because I moved from one energy supplier because of this and now a few months down the line I am no better off.

Now more about me and my family and you door salesman, when he called I made it clear to him and showed him the evidence that I had a stroke although with my gait and limp it was obvious that I was disabled and do not work because off.

Our mum who my wife cares for and also lives here with us is a pensioner and disabled indeed her stairlift was right in front of your salesman when he called.

So not hard to work out to the average person although as your saleman was a money grabber and thought of only himself and not what we said I am surprised that he did not notice.

I made it very clear to him that if we were to move it had to be on the essentails tariff imagine my surprise and outrage when the first bill came and we hade been charged the most expensive standard tariff.

We are still on this tariff as calls to your company has brought no change.

I am in the process to make a complaint to OFGEM, however the nice bloke I am will give you the CEO one last chance to sort this mess out.

You have 14 days failing that a complaint to OFGEM will be made, I strongly suggest you get you backside in gear as I am fed up with being ripped off.

Sorry if this email comes across hard, but that is my feelings coming across.

We cannot afford anymore price increases as we do not get pay rises like you as we are on a fixed income.

Regards

On 9 July 2011 08:18, Jansen, Chris <chris.jansen@britishgas.co.uk> wrote:
    Dear Mr Carter,

Very sorry that you are on the wrong tariff – that is wrong of us.

We will correct this. I have copied in my team in Cardiff who will take care of this.

Thank you for the feedback,

Chris

Dear Mr Jansen,

Thank you for your early reply, and I apologize for the tone of my first email however as your rightly guessed I was becoming extremely frustrated at the service I was getting which fell short of first class.

First class service has to be expected from such a major player in the energy businesses.

I hear that SSE is dropping its doorstep selling method, I certainly hope that you will be doing the same as you need to have a grip on what they are saying and doing.

I am very well aware of the tactics they use in general as my 20 yr old son went on one of the training exercises and he walked out as soon as he was told to ignore any NO CALLERS SIGNS. indeed we have one of these signs in our front door window and it was ignored by your saleman.

That sign is there for a purpose because we are a vulnerable family with two disabled residents.

As I said any salesman with an ounce of salt would have reconised that and made sure that are request to be put on the essentials tariff was carried out.

Anyway I thank you for forwarding my email through to the right channels for urgent attention, however I hope that you Mr Jansen realise the seriousness of this issue and that you will monitor it.

Thank you

On 11 July 2011 08:56, British Gas Customer Service <customer.service@contactus.britishgas.co.uk> wrote:
    Dear Mr Carter,

I'm sorry to hear of the problems you have experienced so far - I will do my best to put things right for you.

First of all, please could you let me know what sort of benefits you or other householders claim just so I can make sure that you meet the criteria for the Essentials tariff? Once you have passed this information on to me I can amend your tariff to suit. As a way of saying sorry for the problems you have had, I've arranged for £20.00 to be added to each of your fuel accounts in three months time.

I understand that you are living on a fixed income and so budgeting is very important to you. Would you like me to arrange for one of our trained energy efficiency experts to call you to discuss your consumption patterns and look at ways of reducing your usage? The advice they give could lower your bills and it's a completely free service. Just let me know if this is something that interests you.

I look forward to hearing from you but please contact us should you need any help in the future and thank you for contacting British Gas.

Kind regards

Adam Spear
    Customer Service Advisor

Dear Adam Spear,

I can confirm that our mum who lives with us and is cared for by my wife gets Disability Living Allowance mobility at the highest rate and Attendance Allowance due to being over 65 also at the highest rate.

I also get Disability Living Allowance Care at the middle rate and Incapacity Benefit at the highest rate, however due to a supersession claim being forwarded to the DLA unit in Blackpool as my SAH Stroke symptoms worsening this is subject to change.

My Wife also gets Carers Allowance for caring for her mum this amount is minuscule as you know and due to there being an unfair upper limit of £100 that she can earn overtime is not an option this rule I believe in a society that plays heavily on work is unjust and unfair, however british gas imposing such high price increases on citizens that are on fixed incomes and also at a time when it has been reported that british gas has made £500 million in profits this year already is also unfair.

So as you can see we more than qualify for the Essentials tariff and it is only right that our bills are adjusted from the point of moving to you from SSE as I made it clear and showed the door salesman our entitlement letters.

If you wish to see these letters do not hesitate in letting me know with a forwarding address and I will gladly send you copies.

Our customer reference number is

Regards

So there you go I am expecting a reply tomorrow so will let you know the outcome

Regards

Re: My British Gas Complaint with the CEO

Considering that door step salesman assured me that I would be on the Essentials tariff and told a pack of lies and then was put on the dearest standard tariff I think that deserves a bit more that £20 off each bill.

So Ill see there reply tomorrow and go from there in the hope off getting a bit more as well as reducing my bills from the time I went to BG.

Comment

Can you pm me his email address please mate.

Pinkfluff could use it
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Sure sending it now m8

Comment

chris.jansen@britishgas.co.uk

There you go! Better in the public arena for anyone else who may need it!

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            Can you pm me his email address please mate.

Pinkfluff could use it
            Already linked on the forum News: allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - Latest Headline News (Media)
            Originally posted by caspar View Post
            chris.jansen@britishgas.co.uk

There you go! Better in the public arena for anyone else who may need it!
            Cheers PF, Great news that you are getting a quick repsonse from him/them (them - it'll be a team set up acting as a response team for Centrica)
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Right, further email from British Gas just recieved

Regards

from British Gas Customer Service

customer.service@contactus.britishgas.co.uk
              to
              date 12 July 2011 10:14
              subject Re: Your enquiry to Chris Jansen
              mailed-by contactus.britishgas.co.uk
              Important mainly because of the people in the conversation.

hide details 10:14 (17 minutes ago)

Many thanks for providing this information, Mr ....... I will contact

our Essentials team and ask them to update your records and backdate

this tariff. I will then be in touch to give you an update once this

is complete.

I look forward to speaking with you soon,

Adam Spear,

Customer Service Adviser.

Comment

sounds a good result winging your way PF
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Indeed, however for there total cock up do you think compensation of at least £100 is just?

I ask because I think what they are offering i.e £20 off each bill in 3 months time is way too low.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                    Indeed, however for there total cock up do you think compensation of at least £100 is just?

I ask because I think what they are offering i.e £20 off each bill in 3 months time is way too low.

Regards
                    the last correspondance, says that they'll backdate. - you may have been with them for sometime a nice backdate.

You be able to try your luck on previous utility,

Comment

They are backdating to the date I joined them as they know what a bunch of liars there door salesmen are after all they trained them lol.

My son has been on one of there training weeks and he lasted just one day and left. he told them straight that he was not going to do what they where training him to do.

I am glad he left as my son has morals and will not rip off customers

I would expect nothing less

Regards
                      Last edited by pompeyfaith; 12 July 2011, 11:10.

Comment

Right I send another email a couple of days ago asking what the hold up was on the resolution to my complaint, I also mentioned that I was a member of this site and that there offer of £20 compensation on each account was taking the piss yes I said exactly those words.

I had a call this morning from customer services very apologetic and agreed that they had totally failed me she said that they have upped there offer to £100 on each account and asked if I would like it credited to the accounts or sent to me.

I told them to send me a cheque to which she said that's fine we will get that in the post by end of business today. (would much prefer to take money out of them because hell they take enough out of us)

She then said that I will shortly receive a call from the Essentials tariff team to go over the tariff with us.

This call came 5 mins later and that lady was again very apologetic and I must say she was very helpful and quite different from customer services but then I suppose she would have to be dealing with the disabled in the majority of calls she gets.

Anyway the upshot is the £187 that was outstanding on our winter bill has been wiped and put in credit by £6 she said that a complete statement of the accounts from incision to present is on its way to us that will show the adjustments on each bill.

I have her name and email address should anything else go wrong in the future and asked me to direct everything to her should it do so and she will deal with it straight away.

On the electricity bill as we pay via a key they have adjusted and sent a message to the terminal we always use to top up and the next time we charge the key and put in in the meter it will update the tariff and should go into credit but if there are any issues with that to call her and she will send an engineer out to sort it.

So all in all a good result and soon as the cheque has cleared a donation to this site will be on its way.

Regards
                        Last edited by pompeyfaith; 11 August 2011, 15:37.

Comment

That is good news my friend. Well done!

regards
                          Garlok

Comment

Garlok,

Thanks m8, however it was disappointing that I had to go all the way to the top to kick ass.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                              it was disappointing that I had to go all the way to the top to kick ass.
                              It also suggests that the staff at British Gas are most curiously deformed if their backsides are the highest part of their bodies.

Comment

Working...
                              X