GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Calling all first direct customers! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling all first direct customers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all first direct customers!

Original (closed) thread here: ---> Late Payment for returned DD

Hoping you can help me here as I'm trying to assemble some evidence. If you have a first direct current account, can you respond below answering each question:
    1. Have you had a direct debit, standing order or cheque returned in the last 2 - 3 years?

2. If 'Yes', did first direct report a late payment to the credit reference agencies (Experian, Equifax or CallCredit)?
    That's all I need to know...many, many thanks in advance
    Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 25 February 2011, 22:23.

Re: Calling all first direct customers!

Originally posted by jonboy75 View Post
    Hoping you can help me here as I'm trying to assemble some evidence.

If you have a first direct current account, can you respond below answering each question:

1. Have you had a direct debit, standing order or cheque returned in the last 2 - 3 years?

2. If 'Yes', did first direct report a late payment to the credit reference agencies (Experian, Equifax or CallCredit)?

That's all I need to know...many, many thanks in advance
    I cannot answer about your specific point but based on what you're asking, I presume you've had a late payment marker registered even though you were within your limit? I seen similar somewhere else recently and stand by the view that if you're overlimit on the date they process their CAIS/SHARE/INSIGHT data feeds then yes, you do get a late payment marker. However, HSBC as a group usually update their entries (or data feeds) on the first or 3rd monday of the month so lets assume the following happened:

Option 1 - Assuming that they update on the first Monday of the month:
    You had £30 in your account on the 1st of Jan, a DD for £100 was bounced on the 2nd Jan, but you paid £500 in on the 3rd Jan - your data feeds should show the account in healthy order with a £0 shown as current balance (as they only report debit balances).

Option 2 - Assuming that they update on the 3rd Monday of the month
    You had £0 in your account on the 1st of Jan, a DD for £100 was paid (from within your overdraft limit) on the 2nd Jan, but you were skint until payday on 25th Jan - your data feeds should show the account in healthy order with a £100 balance showing under "account balance".

The above are two basic examples of how they report, that is it. To actually get a late payment marker on your credit file means that you have broken the terms of the account and went into a debit balance state without a formal agreement to do so, ie unauthorised overdraft or overlimit of credit card limit. So, to explain how you'd get a late payment marker, we look at example 3; below:

Option 3 - How to get a late payment marker
    You have a £500 formal overdraft. You had -£400 in your account on the 1st of Jan but then a DD was taken on the 2nd Jan for £100. This meant you were currently showing as £500 overdrawn, however trailing interest from last months overdraft comes out on the 10th January causing you to exceed your overdraft. You then get landed with a charge or two meaning by payday you were -£545 - as your overdraft was only £500; they would report to the credit agencies that you are a payment late as you have breached the terms of the account by going overlimit; ie for a credit card it'd be like missing a payment altogether.

If you're basing your question on the rumour that 1st Direct are leaving late payment markers as a result of bounced DD's etc then you need to formally complain to them, give them a chance to rectify the error and then complain to the ICO. They cannot do this.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

p.s isn't this linked to this thread: ---> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ead.php?t=1318
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

thanks niddy

I've had direct debits returned 3 times over the last year, never been overdrawn for more than 1 day and certainly not on the day first direct report to the CRAs.

According to first direct, if you have a DD, SO or Cheque returned, they can report this to the CRAs under new guidance from SCOR (steering committee on recipricocity). Even if that payment is then taken succesfully a few days after.

This, for me, is a new way of stitching us up.

What I'm trying to establish in asking the question above is, does it happen to all first direct customers, or just the ones who've claimed bank charges back, or are in the process of doing so? I need evidence for when I go to the ICO/FOS. If it turns out different customers are being treated differently, this is clearly cause for concern.

There are a few interesting things going on. According to first direct, all banks are 'required' to share this info....required by who, they haven't said?

And finally, in my case, with Equifax, these are showing as late payments (status 1) and the account status is showing as 'In Arrears'. Clearly this is inaccurate.

It's gonna be another fight, I just know it. I've been in touch with the ICO already who've been helping me. When first direct send me a standard letter in response to my complaint, I will then submit my complaint formally to the ICO. It would be great if I had some extra evidence to go to them with.

any help, much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          p.s isn't this linked to this thread: ---> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ead.php?t=1318
          yes it is, but i started a new one as i needed a catchy title to draw people in with!!

J

Comment

Have a mooch here: ---> http://www.scoronline.co.uk/

More importantly, the attached document should explain the principles, which you should note are NOT legally endorsed in any way whatsoever.......

Pay attention to page 27 (or section 6) - basically there is nothing authorising them to share a missed direct debit as a delinquent/adverse entry!

CUSTOMER LEVEL MANAGEMENT AND THE INCLUSION OF CURRENT ACCOUNTS
            • Requires an Executive Commitment
            • The requirements to use aggregated positive risk scores on current account portfolios are:
            • Default Data must be shared across the full current account portfolio
            • Positive Data must have been shared across all lending products for (as a minimum) accounts opened in the 12 months prior to the organisation starting to access the data, and for all new accounts opened thereafter
            • An organisation will provide an Executive Commitment to share current account positive data, as well as a plan to illustrate their expected timeframes. It is expected that such data will be shared within 5 years of the organisation‟s first use of a positive data aggregated risk score
            • The organisation must confirm, on an annual basis, progress against their plans for sharing current account positive data
            Click image for larger version

Name:	POR.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	1381870

Comment

Original (closed) thread here: ---> Late Payment for returned DD

Comment

Have a mooch here: ---> http://www.scoronline.co.uk/

More importantly, the attached document should explain the principles, which you should note are NOT legally endorsed in any way whatsoever.......

Pay attention to page 27 (or section 6) - basically there is nothing authorising them to share a missed direct debit as a delinquent/adverse entry!

[ATTACH]347[/ATTACH]
                thanks fella

i suspected as much. the banks and CRAs have got together to determine how to report in the same way. some banks have interpreted the rules differently to others, rendering the purpose of the original exercise utterly pointless.

I'm just waiting for a response from first direct, which i will post up here. I have stressed that they need to remove the data until it's corrected (particularly as it says 'in arrears'). They've said they cannot do this.

They only need to ask Santander how serious I am! Now they've got an upcoming complaint with the ICO, possibly the FOS, and definitely a court case over bank charges. They certainly know how to waste money, but we already knew that! Unbelievable

Comment

btw, I've emailed first direct asking them to point me towards the text that mentions direct debits and standing orders etc.

J

Comment

this is a shameless bump, but haven't had one report of this happening to anyone else yet

Hoping you can help me here as I'm trying to assemble some evidence. If you have a first direct current account, can you respond below answering each question:

Comment

Post this question on mse cos lots of users there do have 1st direct accounts. On here, from all the ue diaries, only a couple of people have.

However I am aware they are doing this, but they should NOT be. HSBC don't, so why should their sister subsidiary? It's wrong and you need to complain, give them time to put it right then go to ombudsman. In the meantime, notify the ICO of their data breaches.

Comment

Post this question on mse cos lots of users there do have 1st direct accounts. On here, from all the ue diaries, only a couple of people have.

However I am aware they are doing this, but they should NOT be. HSBC don't, so why should their sister subsidiary? It's wrong and you need to complain, give them time to put it right then go to ombudsman. In the meantime, notify the ICO of their data breaches.
                        thanks niddy

It's up there, 295 page views and not one similar story

(http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=3076726).

This gives me hope

Comment

Don't listen to izools. He's a clown!!

Read his past arguments with me. I'm sick of correcting his flawed info. He thinks he knows it all yet is a 22 year old bankrupt. Anyway, if u read his post history linked with mine you'll see what I mean!!

Reply to your thread on mse and say niddy told me (and quote my last post).... See what he says!

Comment

Don't listen to izools. He's a clown!!

Read his past arguments with me. I'm sick of correcting his flawed info. He thinks he knows it all yet is a 22 year old bankrupt. Anyway, if u read his post history linked with mine you'll see what I mean!!

Reply to your thread on mse and say niddy told me (and quote my last post).... See what he says!
                            I really wish there was a way to filter out simpletons on MSE! Can people not read?

Comment

Originally posted by jonboy75 View Post
                              I really wish there was a way to filter out simpletons on MSE! Can people not read?
                              They think by coming out with clever answers like "make sure you have enough money" that they're helping people! Hence we left and started our own forums so we didn't need to see that bollox anymore!

Comment

Working...
                              X