GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Digby's ue Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digby's ue Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digby's ue Diary

1) Capital One

• Type of account - Credit card
    • Date commenced - Before April 2007
    • Approx balance - £10,800
    • Date last paidLast month
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying – Was making reduced payment but have now stopped
    • Status – Not sure, did receive a default notice a week or so ago.
    • Account owner – Capital One or Cougar Collections, not sure at this time.
    • History – Capital One from date of agreement but may now be with Cougar Collections.

Had an automated call this morning, a google search tells me it’s from Cougar Financial Services / CFS which suggests it concerns my Capital One credit card (they are the only company from a total of 12 who haven’t accepted my DMP proposal). We’ve not received any letters from Capital One to say that they’ve passed the debt on to this collection agency but I have to assume that is what they have done. This credit card account was opened prior to 2007 and I intend to send a CCA request using your template with a £1 postal order via recorded delivery.
    Last edited by Digby; 24 October 2014, 16:16. Reason: Posted in wrong section

Re: Digby's ue Diary

Now confirmed as passed to Cougar.
    Have today sent request for CCA using your template, recorded and tracked delivery.
    Last edited by Digby; 27 October 2014, 12:57.

Comment

Received letter from CFS acknowledging receipt of 'correspondence' and stating that they will 'contact us in due course'.
      As the CCA request is the only letter we have ever sent to CFS this most recent letter from them must constitute acknowledgement of receipt of CCA request.

Comment

Crap 1 always pass to cougar first.can be aggressive with constant calls,including calling at work. Then gets passed to credit solutions. Send cca to niddy for checking. Mine is totally unenforceable. Just listen to advice on forum and you will be ok.

Comment

Capital One

Type of account - Credit card
          Date commenced - Before April 2007
          Approx balance - £10,800
          Date last paidLast month
          Are you on arrangement or not paying – Was making reduced payment but have now stopped
          Status – Not sure, did receive a default notive a week or so ago.
          Account owner – Capital One or Cougar Collections, not sure at this time.
          History – Capital One from date of agreement but may now be with Cougar Collections.
          Had an automated call this morning, a google search tells me it’s from Cougar Financial Services / CFS which suggests it concerns my Capital One credit card (they are the only company from a total of 12 who haven’t accepted my DMP proposal). We’ve not received any letters from Capital One to say that they’ve passed the debt on to this collection agency but I have to assume that is what they have done. This credit card account was opened prior to 2007 and I intend to send a CCA request using your template with a £1 postal order via recorded delivery. I am wondering should I send it to Capital One or to the Collection Agency or to both? I assume we’ll be receiving a letter from them in the next few days to confirm the debt has been passed over but I’m pretty sure it’s Capital One. I can block any calls from Cougar and I’ll await a letter from them but I’m wondering how things might progress from here.

Have today sent request for CCA using your template, recorded and tracked delivery.

Copy of CCA received from Capital One

CCA uploaded
          Last edited by Digby; 19 November 2014, 10:14.

Comment

Hi Digby. Can you upload your agreement for checking as set out here ----> Sending Your Agreement to AAD
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Capital One

Date commenced - 1998
              Approx balance - £10,800
              Date last paid – October 2014
              Are you on arrangement or not paying – Was making reduced payment but have now stopped
              Status – Not sure, did receive a default notice a week or so ago.
              History – Capital One from date of agreement but may now be with Cougar Collections.
              Had an automated call this morning, a google search tells me it’s from Cougar Financial Services / CFS which suggests it concerns my Capital One credit card (they are the only company from a total of 12 who haven’t accepted my DMP proposal). We’ve not received any letters from Capital One to say that they’ve passed the debt on to this collection agency but I have to assume that is what they have done. This credit card account was opened prior to 2007 and I intend to send a CCA request using your template with a £1 postal order via recorded delivery. I am wondering should I send it to Capital One or to the Collection Agency or to both? I assume we’ll be receiving a letter from them in the next few days to confirm the debt has been passed over but I’m pretty sure it’s Capital One. I can block any calls from Cougar and I’ll await a letter from them but I’m wondering how things might progress from here.

CCA uploaded

Comment

Originally posted by Digby View Post
                Capital One

CCA uploaded
                There are no PT's so it is temporarily UE. I'd be responding with this --> http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...escribed-terms

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  There are no PT's so it is temporarily UE. I'd be responding with this --> http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...escribed-terms

Wahaaay! Thanks so much for your time and expertise, will follow up as suggested.

Comment

Capital One

Date commenced - 1998
                    Approx balance - £10,800
                    Status – Not sure, did receive a default notice a week or so ago.

CCA uploaded

Niddy advised temporarily UE as no PTs, advised to send follow-up letter.

Letter from Capital One advising passed to Frederickson International followed by call from Fredericksons which I blocked.

Advice please, should I send the 'no PT follow-up' letter to Frederickson or wait for a letter from them first? When it gets passed around like this am I starting from the beginning again each time?

Last edited by Digby; 25 February 2015, 14:14.

Comment

Advice please, should I send the 'no PT follow-up' letter to Frederickson or wait for a letter from them first?
                      If it was me, I'd wait until they write and communicate with me properly. Any time they waste spamming your telephone is more time run off the clock.

When it gets passed around like this am I starting from the beginning again each time?
                      Yes, in terms of dealing with the vermin. No, in terms of running time off the clock to reach the six year winning line. Each set of clowns who give up represents one more step forward.

SH

Comment

Capital One
                        Date commenced - 1998
                        Approx balance - £10,800
                        Status – 28.8.2014 Default Notice

27.10.2014 Now confirmed as passed to Cougar.

12.11.2014 Copy of CCA received from Capital One
                        14.11.2014 CCA uploaded
                        21.11.2014 Niddy advised temporarily UE as no PTs, advised to send follow-up letter.
                        5.12.2014 Letter from Capital One advising passed to Frederickson International followed by call from Fredericksons which I blocked.

19.12.2014 Follow up letter “CCA Query Missing Prescribed Terms” sent to Fredriksons
                        Last edited by Digby; 25 February 2015, 14:21. Reason: messed up!

Comment

Hiya Digby

Can you please do one post for each account that will make it easier to follow .....
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Will do, thankyou.

Comment

Asda/Santander/Niceday
                              Date commenced – Around 2007, will need to check
                              Approx balance - £2,200

Date last paid – 19/01/2015
                              Status – Default Notice 30.9.2014
                              Account owner – Lowell
                              History – Asda, then Santander, then Niceday

5.6.2014 Niceday agreed payment plan.
                              15.1.2015 Niceday advised sold to Lowell’s
                              10.2.2015 CCA request sent
                              19/02/2015 Letter from Lowells advising they may not be able to get documents within 12 days as requested.

Comment

Working...
                              X