GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Digby's ue Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digby's ue Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Digby's ue Diary

I quite agree with Pixie

Cap1 tend to ignore letters so it can be sold on, then whoever buy's it has the headache of sorting it out.

bet you get another letter from Credit solutions before that though.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Digby View Post
      MBNA
      Type of account - Credit card
      Date commenced – Pre 2007 will need to check
      Approx balance - £500
      Date last paid – 18.2.2015
      Are you on arrangement or not paying – Was making reduced payment to MBNA but have now stopped
      Status
      – 1.10.2014 Default Notice

Account owner – Link
      History – MBNA

16.2.2015 Letter received from Link advising sold to them
      16.2.2015 CCA request sent
      21.2.2015 Letter from Link suggesting may take up to 30 days to provide cca.
      24.06.2015 Copy of CCA received, uploaded for Niddy to view.

CCA received from MBNA yesterday, only three months late! Uploaded for Niddy.

That covering letter you emailed me from Link (in response to your CCA request) was a bland "Please find enclosed the documents. . . " . There's no threat or even a mild demand for money so I see no reason for you to reply to them in any hurry.

They will write again when we may suggest you reply with the Missing Prescribed Terms letter depending on what they say in their letter to you. NIddy hasn't had time to look at all those documents yet.

Let's wait and see what Link say next.

Plan B x

Comment

MBNA
        Approx balance - £500
        Are you on arrangement or not paying – Was making reduced payment to MBNA but have now stopped
        Status

Account owner – Link
        History – MBNA

24.06.2015 Copy of CCA received, uploaded for Niddy to view.

17th July Letter from Link "Please call us, ignoring this notice will not make it go away" and would like to discuss options for payment.

Awaiting Niddy's opinion on cca.

Comment

Niddy's terribly busy at the moment but, as it's almost a month since you uploaded your cca, I'll remind him.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
            That covering letter you emailed me from Link (in response to your CCA request) was a bland "Please find enclosed the documents. . . " . There's no threat or even a mild demand for money so I see no reason for you to reply to them in any hurry.

They will write again when we may suggest you reply with the Missing Prescribed Terms letter depending on what they say in their letter to you.

Let's wait and see what Link say next.
            As predicted they wrote again after that brief bland letter last month.

Niddy hasn't had time to examine your CCA in detail. I expect when he does he'll suggest you send the Missing Prescribed Terms template.

Is there anything threatening in Link's letter?

Plan B x

Comment

Really sorry for the delay - this is indeed currently UE and if it was me I would send the Missing PT's template - the PT's are not present nor are they legible.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Great news, no need to apologise, I'm very grateful for all your help.

Comment

MBNA
                  Approx balance - £500
                  Status

Account owner – Link
                  History – MBNA

24.6.2015 Copy of CCA received, uploaded for Niddy to view

17.7.2015 Letter from Link "Please call us, ignoring this notice will not make it go away" and would like to discuss options for payment.
                  17.7.2015 Niddy advised PT's are not present nor are they legible
                  22.7.2015 Letter from Link advising as have been unable to reach an agreement with me they will accept £5.00 per month by direct debit.
                  29.7.2015 Sent missing prescribed terms letter to link.

Interestingly a standing order would have been more appropriate as a direct debit would allow them to withdraw whatever amount they wish.

Comment

doesn't really matter what they ask for as I certainly wouldn't be completing it as the account is UE

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                      doesn't really matter what they ask for as I certainly wouldn't be completing it as the account is UE
                      I agree. They wouldn't usually suggest such a low monthly amount (which would take more than 8 years to repay £500) unless they're thinking that anything is better than nothing. Let us know what Link send in response to the missing prescribed terms letter.
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Capital One
                        Date commenced - 1998
                        Approx balance - £10,800
                        Date last paid – October 2014
                        Are you on arrangement or not paying – Was making reduced payment but have now stopped
                        Status – 28.8.2014 Default Notice
                        Account owner – Capital One or Cougar Collections, not sure at this time.
                        History – Capital One from date of agreement but may now be with Cougar Collections.

Had an automated call this morning, a google search tells me it’s from Cougar Financial Services / CFS which suggests it concerns my Capital One credit card (they are the only company from a total of 12 who haven’t accepted my DMP proposal). We’ve not received any letters from Capital One to say that they’ve passed the debt on to this collection agency but I have to assume that is what they have done. This credit card account was opened prior to 2007 and I intend to send a CCA request using your template with a £1 postal order via recorded delivery. I am wondering should I send it to Capital One or to the Collection Agency or to both? I assume we’ll be receiving a letter from them in the next few days to confirm the debt has been passed over but I’m pretty sure it’s Capital One. I can block any calls from Cougar and I’ll await a letter from them but I’m wondering how things might progress from here.
                        27.10.2014 Now confirmed as passed to Cougar.
                        Have today sent request for CCA using your template, recorded and tracked delivery.

12.11.2014 Copy of CCA received from Capital One
                        14.11.2014 CCA uploaded
                        21.11.2014 Niddy advised temporarily UE as no PTs, advised to send follow-up letter.
                        5.12.2014 Letter from Capital One advising passed to Frederickson International followed by call from Fredericksons which I blocked.
                        19.12.2014 Follow up letter “CCA Query Missing Prescribed Terms” sent to Fredriksons

15.4.2015 Letter from Credit Solutions saying passed to them from Capital One and requesting arrangement for payment.
                        30.4.2015 Follow up letter “CCA Query Missing Prescribed Terms” sent to Credit Solutions
                        16.06.2015 Letter from Credit Solutions stating that unless I make contact the account will be referrred back to Capital One. Ignored.
                        Received a letter from Credit Solutions headed 'Final Notice' and stating that 'if you fail to make contact with us your account will be referred back to our client [and] they may consider selling [it]. Once sold, you will no longer deal with Capital One Bank '.
                        22.7.2015 Letter from Capital One advising no longer being managed by debt collection agency and now back with Capital One so please make payments to them etc.
                        Ignored.

Comment

I had one of those ages ago I ignored and am still awaiting anything new. lets hope your the same xx

Comment

Great ignoring skills Digby x
                            if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Egg (Barclaycard)

Date commenced – Pre-2007 I think, no paper statements so difficult to check
                              Approx balance – 12,200
                              Date last paid – 20.07.2015
                              Are you on arrangement or not paying – Was making reduced payment to Barclaycard but have now stopped
                              Status
                              – 12.09.2014 Default Notice

Account owner – PRA Group
                              History – Egg, Barclaycar d

02.03.2015 Letter received ‘Formal Demand for Payment’, ignored

08.09.2015 Letter received from Barclaycard advising account has been closed and transferred to PRA Group and that I should make payments to them. Enclosed in the same envelope is a letter from PRA Group advising that the ‘benefits, rights, title and interest in the debt are assigned to us’ and saying that they’ll be in touch. Ignored.

Comment

Capital One
                                Date commenced - 1998
                                Approx balance - £10,800
                                Date last paid – October 2014
                                Are you on arrangement or not paying – Was making reduced payment but have now stopped
                                Status – 28.8.2014 Default Notice
                                Account owner – Capital One or Cougar Collections, not sure at this time.
                                History – Capital One from date of agreement but may now be with Cougar Collections.

Had an automated call this morning, a google search tells me it’s from Cougar Financial Services / CFS which suggests it concerns my Capital One credit card (they are the only company from a total of 12 who haven’t accepted my DMP proposal). We’ve not received any letters from Capital One to say that they’ve passed the debt on to this collection agency but I have to assume that is what they have done. This credit card account was opened prior to 2007 and I intend to send a CCA request using your template with a £1 postal order via recorded delivery. I am wondering should I send it to Capital One or to the Collection Agency or to both? I assume we’ll be receiving a letter from them in the next few days to confirm the debt has been passed over but I’m pretty sure it’s Capital One. I can block any calls from Cougar and I’ll await a letter from them but I’m wondering how things might progress from here.
                                27.10.2014 Now confirmed as passed to Cougar.
                                Have today sent request for CCA using your template, recorded and tracked delivery.

12.11.2014 Copy of CCA received from Capital One
                                14.11.2014 CCA uploaded
                                21.11.2014 Niddy advised temporarily UE as no PTs, advised to send follow-up letter.
                                5.12.2014 Letter from Capital One advising passed to Frederickson International followed by call from Fredericksons which I blocked.
                                19.12.2014 Follow up letter “CCA Query Missing Prescribed Terms” sent to Fredriksons

15.4.2015 Letter from Credit Solutions saying passed to them from Capital One and requesting arrangement for payment.
                                30.4.2015 Follow up letter “CCA Query Missing Prescribed Terms” sent to Credit Solutions
                                16.06.2015 Letter from Credit Solutions stating that unless I make contact the account will be referrred back to Capital One. Ignored.
                                Received a letter from Credit Solutions headed 'Final Notice' and stating that 'if you fail to make contact with us your account will be referred back to our client [and] they may consider selling [it]. Once sold, you will no longer deal with Capital One Bank '.
                                22.7.2015 Letter from Capital One advising no longer being managed by debt collection agency and now back with Capital One so please make payments to them etc.
                                Ignored.
                                19.10.2015 Letter from Capital One stating that the account was sold to the Cabot Credit Management Group on 24.09.2015. In the same envelope was a letter from Cabot Financial inviting me to call them.

Comment

Working...
                                X