GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Digby's ue Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digby's ue Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Digby's ue Diary

Marbles/Beneficial/HSBC
    Type of account - Credit card
    Date commenced – Pre-2007 will need to check
    Approx balance - £6,800
    Date last paid – 28.1.2015
    Are you on arrangement or not paying – Reduced payment under arranged dmp
    Status – Default Notice 9.6.2014
    Account owner – HSBC

History – Marbles, then Beneficial, then HSBC
    3.2.2015 HSBC advised sent to their Recoveries Section, asked me to telephone them to discuss existing payment arrangement. I didn’t.
    11.2.2015 CCA request sent to HSBC

Comment

MBNA
      Date commenced – Pre 2007 will need to check
      Approx balance - £500
      Date last paid – 20.04.2015
      Are you on arrangement or not paying – Was making reduced payment to MBNA but have now stopped
      Status
      – 1.10.2014 Default Notice

Account owner – Link
      History – MBNA

16.2.2015 Letter received from Link advising sold to them
      16.2.2015 CCA request sent
      21.2.2015 Letter from Link suggesting may take up to 30 days to provide cca.

Last edited by Digby; 2 July 2015, 10:24.

Comment

Marbles/Beneficial/HSBC
        Approx balance - £6,800
        Account owner – HSBC

3.2.2015 HSBC advised sent to their Recoveries Section, asked me to telephone them to discuss existing payment arrangement. I didn’t.

25.2.2015 Checked Royal Mail tracking number, not delivered.

Hi, have just checked tracking number for this one and I see it has not been delivered, that’s all the info I have. Do I just re-send please? Could they be refusing to sign, any suggestions?
        It was a PO Box address, could that be the reason?
        Last edited by Digby; 25 February 2015, 14:58.

Comment

usual P.O. Box numbers no siggy, you no doubt will receive a letter which refers to it? I did. but try and get proper address for envelope ask on here if you are not sure
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Asda/Santander/Niceday
            Date commenced – Around 2007, will need to check
            Approx balance - £2,200

Date last paid – 19/01/2015
            Are you on arrangement or not paying – Was making reduced payment but have now stopped
            Status – Default Notice 30.9.2014
            Account owner – Lowell
            HistoryAsda, then Santander, then Niceday

5.6.2014 Niceday agreed payment plan.
            15.1.2015 Niceday advised sold to Lowell’s
            10.2.2015 CCA request sent
            19/02/2015 Letter from Lowell’s advising they may not be able to get documents within 12 days as requested.

3.3.2015 Letter from Lowell’s advising Newday “still trying to retrieve it from their archives” and account has been put on hold until they receive further info from Newday.

Comment

Long may they search x
              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Marbles/Beneficial/HSBC
                Approx balance - £6,800
                Account owner – HSBC

25.2.2015 Checked Royal Mail tracking number, not delivered.

Think I'll re-send CCA request today, does anyone have any idea which address I should send to please as the PO Box address hasn't worked? I've heard nothing, not even had it returned by Royal Mail. Any ideas?

Comment

just leave it for now, you have proof you sent it, sometimes box numbers are signed for en masse, chill

Comment

You no doubt will get a letter quoting the ones sent i did.

Comment

I agree, no need to chase. Just let us know when you receive anything back.
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Digby View Post
                        Asda/Santander/Niceday
                        3.3.2015 Letter from Lowell’s advising Newday “still trying to retrieve it from their archives” and account has been put on hold until they receive further info from Newday.
                        Typical result for Satan-duh. Their records must be a real mess.

Comment

Asda/Santander/Niceday
                          Date commenced – Around 2007, will need to check
                          Approx balance - £2,200
                          Date last paid – 19/01/2015
                          Are you on arrangement or not paying – Was making reduced payment but have now stopped
                          Status – Default Notice 30.9.2014
                          Account owner – Lowell
                          HistoryAsda, then Santander, then Niceday
                          5.6.2014 Niceday agreed payment plan.
                          15.1.2015 Niceday advised sold to Lowell’s
                          10.2.2015 CCA request sent
                          19/02/2015 Letter from Lowell’s advising they may not be able to get documents within 12 days as requested.
                          3.3.2015 Letter from Lowell’s advising Newday “still trying to retrieve it from their archives” and account has been put on hold until they receive further info from Newday
                          27.3.2015 Letter received from Lowells

The letter received today says they have enclosed a reconstituted copy of credit agreement “which they consider contains all the required key information and complies with the requirements of sections 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and the FCA’s Consumer Credit rules relating to the provision of copy credit agreements“ and that as thay purchased the account from NewDay thay are entitled to payment of the balance outstanding.

It is a large amount of photocopied info with general terms and conditions etc. , the first page of which says “between GE Consumer Credit Service Ltd and then my name and address. Goes on to say will notify me of credit limit etc in writing. The other part with info about myself appears to be a copy of the part where I and GE both sign the agreement but without any signatures.

It does show a date of February 2009 and this is obviously post 2007 but I’ve never quite understood what is the difference between pre/post 2007 agreements? In this particular case other than it being post 2007 and having no signature, it appears similar to the unconnected Capital One agreement of mine that Niddy very kindly had a look at and deemed temorarily ue.

Sorry this is a bit wordy but any help would be much appreciated.

Digby

Comment

the date is really important Digby, are you sure this is the right date on the form? Could they be mistaken? ie making it up?

post April 2007 are less likely to be UE for the obvious reasons

Have a read here http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ide-to-UE-2014

Comment

I must admit I hadn’t had the time to read through that info before but I can now see the relevance of the 2007 changes. Having checked unfortunately it is correct that this account was from 2009 but on the plus side I think it’s probably the only one I have that is post 2007. I understand that each case needs to be looked at individually and I'm now wondering what kind of thing to look for on the "agreement" they've sent.

Comment

Marbles/Beneficial/HSBC
                                Date commenced – March 2003
                                Approx balance - £6,800
                                Account owner – HSBC
                                11.2.2015 CCA request sent to HSBC .
                                Letter received from HSBC says have been “unable to provide a copy of the original agreement so have provided a reconstituted copy that does not include information which it is permitted to exclude such as signatures and signature box”.
                                This is a blank copy of an application form in which they have handwritten my name and address with no other details. They say that the account was opened in 2003 and that they also hold details at the time of application such as d.o.b. and employment details, although they have not included this info within the paperwork they sent.
                                There is also a photocopy of the Beneficial Terms & Conditions with none of my details. I think Beneficial were the previous owners although not the original one as it started out as a Marbles card.
                                Further states that “payments received have been submitted by yourself and account has been conducted in a way that suggests a relationship with the bank and in view of this HSBC considers you liable for payment of the outstanding balance”.

Comment

Working...
                                X