GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Beachbaby's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beachbaby's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beachbaby's UE diary

I have three debts I am concerned about, which add up to about £13k in total. I was paying these okay, never really more than the minimum payments though.
    This was all fine until I suddenly found myself fighting an unwanted divorce and my job had disappeared overnight in our previously family business. Without any income I relied on my cards to get myself out of some very sudden and rather nasty holes. Very quickly I found myself in trouble and wrote to all of the companies concerned advising them of my inability to pay and could I reach some sort of arrangement. One I have been paying back £1.00 a month for goodness knows how long, there is about £1.3k on that and it is a loan that dates back to ages ago. I briefly spoke with Stepchange and they sorted out a budget with me and I used their template letters to write to the loan company and the two credit cards, Card A refused to play ball, Card B did agree to my suggested repayment, which I paid until a friend told me there was a way to sort this horrid mess out.

The remainder are for two credit cards, neither of which I have paid anything to for just over a year. I wrote to both of them last year requesting a copy of the CA they did not respond so I sent the second letter to follow this up. I was provided with these letters by a friend with a brief idea of what I needed to do. The first one (Card A) for the largest amount, finally sent a CA earlier this year. The second credit card (Card B) sent a CA out, but not to the address I wrote to them from but to my previous address, it was eventually passed on to me. Since then I have done nothing. I have not heard much from them at all.

Card A with a DCA has sent me a 14 day letter, the last contact I had from them was an email in December requesting I call them. I didn't.
    Card B has sent me a nicely worded letter, can we come to some sort of arrangement whereby I offer to pay something.

Card A I have had for absolutely yonks, maybe 20 years, or longer.
    Card B I have had for about six years, maybe seven.

I now need to get these CAs together and send them along to Niddy I believe?

PS when I moved here I was very careful about who I gave my phone number to, of any kind, so neither of the DCAs have a phone number for me, just an email address and my postal address.
    Last edited by Beachbaby; 10 September 2014, 23:04. Reason: Forgot something!

Re: Beachbaby's UE diary

Hi Beachbaby, yes please send to Niddy (Never-In-Doubt) -- > NEW! Sending your Agreement to AAD

In your diary please set out the information for your accounts like this, one post for each account:

• Type of account (credit card/loan)

• Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)

• Approx balance

• Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)

• Are you on arrangement or not paying

• Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)

• Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)

Please also read this thread for more info:

-- > UPDATED - A Full Guide to Unenforceability

Best wishes on your UE journey
    IF
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Thank you, I will do that tomorrow. It has taken me a while to pluck up the courage to even post xx

Comment

Originally posted by Beachbaby View Post
        Thank you, I will do that tomorrow. It has taken me a while to pluck up the courage to even post xx
        No worries, we are a friendly lot here, you take your time

Comment

I am a bit confused, when I put up the details do I put them up each as separate posts, or as separate replies on the same post?

But I send the CA's through to Niddy, via the portal?

Sorry I've had a County Court Claim through this morning for one of them and it knocked me a bit sideways :-(

Comment

Aha, I found the "perfect example" that is linked, I will work on updating those as Pixie laid out in hers xx

Comment

I am a bit confused, when I put up the details do I put them up each as separate posts, or as separate replies on the same post?

But I send the CA's through to Niddy, via the portal?

Sorry I've had a County Court Claim through this morning for one of them and it knocked me a bit sideways :-(
              I'm pleased you are sorted with your set up on your UE diary

We now need to sort your County Court Claim, so please could you start a new thread here -- > Secure | General Legal Threads I've notified Niddy (Never-In-Doubt) and Andrew and they'll email you shortly.

In the meantime please read the following guide -> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...atutory-demand and if you want to join a group apply now.

Best wishes
              IF
              Last edited by IF; 19 September 2014, 13:24.

Comment

Thank you I will do that, I am getting my paperwork straight so that it all makes sense

Comment

Don't forget to acknowledge service of the claim as soon as you can and tick the box to say that you i8ntend to defend it so that you get 28 days instead of 14 from the date of service to file a defence.

Comment

Thank you I will do that, do I need to make sure it is sent recorded?

Comment

Yes and make sure you keep receipt , I staple to my copy of letter sent good.luck.xxxx
                      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Beachbaby - Asda/Santander Store Card

This was a card that I was pressed to take on. I stated repeatedly I did not want the card, nor did I think I would be accepted anyhow as previously I had gone into arrears with my cards, but I had cleared them all completely and been without any cards for a couple of years. The woman was insistent and I was struggling to put fuel into my car when she accosted me at the fuel pump to ask about me signing up, her selling pitch was that if I used my card to pay for fuel I would get 2p off a litre. That offer was removed almost straightaway, within a couple of months.

I will put in blue anything I sent to them
                        In red they sent to me
                        And anything else/general information in Green

Type of Account - Credit Card
                        Date Commenced - 30 November 2007
                        Approximate Balance - £1,227.87
                        Date of last full payment - January 2012
                        I am not paying
                        Status - default
                        Account Owner - Now Drydens Fairfax Solicitors

25/2/12 - Letter chasing late payment of £37.82
                        28/2/12 - I write to Santander to advise that my finances have hit a wall and I am unable to make a full payment of the minimum amount, instead I request to pay £15.00 per month for the next six months
                        16/3/12 - Letter acknowledging my change of circumstances, enclosed an income and expenditure form for me to complete and return
                        4/4/12 - Returned completed Income and Expenditure Form
                        23/4/12 - Letter to accept the offer to pay £15.00 per month
                        7/10/12 - Letter to Santander to inform them that I had taken advice from CCCS/Stepchange and that I would only be able to pay £1.00 per month
                        25/4/13 - Letter to say account being sold to Arrow Global Management Limited on May 7th 2013
                        16/5/13 - Letter from Arrow Global to say they have bought the account/debt
                        22/6/13 - Letter to Santander to say I have moved and giving them my new address
                        28/6/13 - Letter from Santander to say they cannot change my address without further information
                        5/7/13 - Letter from Drydens Fairfax Solicitors to say acting on behalf of Arrow Global Management to acknowledge £1.00 per month payments (sent to my previous address but forwarded by the Royal Mail forwarding service
                        5/8/13 - Section 77/78 letter sent to Arrow Global Management c/o Drydens Fairfax Solicitors along with £1.00 postal order, sent recorded
                        3/9/13 Last payment of £1.00 sent
                        1/9/13 - Account in Dispute letter sent recorded
                        22/10/13 Reconstituted Agreement sent to my previous address, Royal Mail forwarding eventually sent this on but sometime later
                        17/3/14 - Notification of transfer to new agency - ARC Europe Limited
                        24/3/14 - Letter welcoming me to ARC Europe, inviting me to call them
                        7/4/14 - 14 day letter and suggestion that if I call them we can come to an arrangement about payment amounts
                        22/4/14 - Letter suggesting I am ignoring them and that I may be repaying others and obtaining further credit (I am not obtaining further credit at all, I do have two other accounts which I am repaying though)
                        6/5/14 - Reduced Settlement Offer - Substantial reduction considered if I make an offer as to how much to pay
                        26/8/14 - Notification of transfer of debt to new agency - back to Drydens Fairfax Solicitors
                        11/9/14 - Letter to notify intention to seek a CCJ if not responded by 25 September 2014
                        15/10/14 - County Court Claim received today from Northampton.

Last edited by Beachbaby; 15 October 2014, 19:37.

Comment

Re: Beachbaby - Asda/Santander Store Card

Can you clarify whether this was an ASDA store card when the account was opened in 2007 (as per thread title) but it's now a Santander credit card?

I have a good reason for asking

Comment

Yes it was an Asda Storecard, I could only use it in the Asda stores or at their filling stations but then it became a credit card and they wrote to tell me, excellent news I could now use this elsewhere. I remember this clearly because I so didn't want a credit card, but the woman at the filling station told me it was only a storecard I was signing up for.

Comment

it was an Asda Storecard, I could only use it in the Asda stores or at their filling stations but then it became a credit card and they wrote to tell me, excellent news I could now use this elsewhere. I remember this clearly because I so didn't want a credit card, but the woman at the filling station told me it was only a storecard I was signing up for.
                              Exactly how did it become a credit card? What year did it 'transform' from an ASDA store card into a Santander credit card? Did you sign a new credit agreement? Did it just arrive in the post?

Plan B (me) was the defendant in the Santander v Mayhew case in which Santander lost. I don't want you to get overly excited that your situation may be a parallel situation to mine, but I'll keep an eye on your thread.

Here is my judgment: http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/Misc/2012/14.html

Comment

Working...
                              X