GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Beachbaby's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beachbaby's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beachbaby - Asda/Santander Store Card

Thank you, they simply wrote to say my card would be changing, I didn't (not that I can remember) sign anything to say I was happy for it to change to a credit card, as I remember my dismay when it changed. It was early in 2008 it changed I think.

I have now read your case you linked. Yes it was a store card, then it became both a store card and a credit card. The woman "selling" me the card really had me under pressure as I was in a queue at the filling station and she came up and asked me while I was filling and paying for my fuel. I was captive and she wouldn't accept no for an answer.

Comment

Did your ASDA store card get 'transferred' to G E Money before it (the G E Money portfolio) was bought by Santander in 2009?

Here's a bit more background to my case http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17670803

Comment

I don't recall it did, although now you are saying that it sounds familiar ...

Now I have read the BBC link, i will be honest and say I don't think it did, the familiarity is because i think my Ex had a Debenhams card and I remember seeing GE there.

Comment

Re: Beachbaby's UE diary

Beachbaby, I've merged your thread Beachbaby - Asda/Santander Store Card to your UE diary, please add all accounts here one post per account not one thread per account,this is excluding your claim which can now be found here --- > General Legal -- > http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...29-v-Beachbaby

Cheers
          IF
          Last edited by IF; 20 September 2014, 08:06.
          "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Thank you, I find forums quite confusing as to how they all map together, or don't!

Comment

Originally posted by Beachbaby View Post
              Thank you, I find forums quite confusing as to how they all map together, or don't!
              I am sorry, it is all confusing at first but we are here to help, anything you don't understand do let us know on here your thread or PM one of us.

Bestest
              IF
              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Hi

I think planB is onto something here, in that if they changed from a storecard to a credit card then they are going to have a few issues

GE Money used to issue these store cards / credit cards until Santander bought that business a few years ago (07/01/2009) - forget who the owner was per se and focus on the type of card; was it a storecard that turned into a credit card? If so then you might find you have a strong defence to any claim.

Niddy
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

All I remember is when I signed up I could only use it at Asda stores and petrol pumps, then I was notified on my statement I think that I could now use it elsewhere and they replaced the card and it then had the Visa symbol on it. If I remember correctly it was a black card when it was just a storecard but then became a silver one when it was a credit card.

Comment

Originally Posted by Beachbaby

I am sorry, it is all confusing at first but we are here to help, anything you don't understand do let us know on here your thread or PM one of us.

Bestest
                    IF

Thank you, I just need to learn to move with the times ROFL!

Comment

Originally posted by Beachbaby View Post
                      All I remember is when I signed up I could only use it at Asda stores and petrol pumps, then I was notified on my statement I think that I could now use it elsewhere and they replaced the card and it then had the Visa symbol on it. If I remember correctly it was a black card when it was just a storecard but then became a silver one when it was a credit card.
                      In which case Santanter v Mayhew must kick in.... Andrew ran Watsons who won this case with Ms Mayhew (aka our planB).... I'll text andrew now.
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        In which case Santanter v Mayhew must kick in.... Andrew ran Watsons who won this case with Ms Mayhew (aka our planB).... I'll text andrew now.
                        I made a s78 request, and they did send to me a copy of the agreement I signed at the time. Would it be appropriate for me to email across a copy of that to Andrew?

They aren't at the moment making threats as IDR are re the Barclaycard account, but I suppose it is just a matter of time, unless they are aware of the storecard to credit card scenario and are thinking they'll just keep hassling me for the next five years until it becomes statute barred?

Comment

Is the store card -> credit card the account a claim has been issued on? Just go clarify....

Comment

Is the store card -> credit card the account a claim has been issued on? Just go clarify....
                            No, so far the claim has been issued from IDR (Barclaycard), at the moment the Santander card are threatening to take further action but they have been in an endless loop of repeating themselves, however I am a realist and know it is a matter of time.

Comment

Ok thanks. That confused me a lot

Comment

Ok thanks. That confused me a lot
                                Oops, my bad!

Comment

Working...
                                X