GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Beachbaby's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beachbaby's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beachbaby's UE diary

refer santander to santander v mayhew and they may well then leave you alone.
    http://www.bailii.org/cgi-bin/markup...method=boolean

Comment

Originally posted by Beachbaby View Post
      I made a s78 request, and they did send to me a copy of the agreement I signed at the time. . .

. . . unless they are aware of the storecard to credit card scenario
      Can you look closely at that credit agreement Santander sent you to see if it says whether it's an application for a store card or credit card? What is the date on it?

I only ask because I can't find any history of Asda having a store card (i.e. chargecard). I can only find information on their Loyalty card scheme when they were owned by Wal-Mart. I'll keep searching though.

I can see that Asda launched their credit card in 2004. If you signed up for something in 2007 there may be a possibility that it was a credit card provided by G E Money which was branded to Asda (G E Money branded my Harrods card).

This is what I've found out about the 2004 credit card launch so far in a fascinating journal called 'The Grocer' :

http://www.thegrocer.co.uk/companies.../91567.article

I don't want to give you false hope so that's why it's important to double-check these things. You may have been hoodwinked by the sales person at the petrol station into thinking it wasn't a credit card which was why you signed up. There were sales personnel on commission stationed (pardon the pun) all over the country to promote the product. I don't want to plant ideas into your head so it's important you think back clearly as to what took place.

There's always the hope that Santander have no idea either so you may still be able to confuse them until it's SB, but knowing your legal bottom line is best.
      Last edited by PlanB; 26 September 2014, 13:50. Reason: spelling: person not personal or personnel

Comment

I have updated the thread, today I received a County Court Claim for this amount owed to Asda/Santander. I did find the other day the letter that I was sent, in 2012 (I thought it was earlier than that) to say that the store card I had signed up for was now becoming a credit card. There is mention that I needed to contact them if I wanted to change over to this, which I am confident I did not do. I am guessing I now need to respond to the CCC and say I am sending a defence? I know that A is away at the moment, do I still send over the CA that I was sent following my S.78 request?

Comment

Bummer. Just file the AoS like last time and we'll sort a response utilising Santander v Mayhew (aka planB).....

Don't worry. This should be easy to resolve.

ps at least the MOT passed
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you I will. I am posting out the defence to them regarding the other one, IDR v me in the morning, so I'll do this one at the same time x

Yes, big relief the car passed it's MOT, a worry out of the way for another year.

I said today to a family member, this time next year I am going to look back at this time with relief it is all over! That is my train of thought and I am sticking to it

Comment

I know that A is away at the moment, do I still send over the CA that I was sent following my S.78 request?
              Yes

Email it to Niddy using webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Also send that 2012 letter from Santander which you say said your storecard was changing to a credit card and you were given the option to opt out.

I did find the other day the letter that I was sent, in 2012 (I thought it was earlier than that) to say that the store card I had signed up for was now becoming a credit card. There is mention that I needed to contact them if I wanted to change over to this, which I am confident I did not do.

Comment

this time next year I am going to look back at this time with relief it is all over! That is my train of thought and I am sticking to it
                Good attitude

Comment

today I received a County Court Claim for this amount owed to Asda/Santander.
                  We'll start you a new thread for this claim in the Legal Section

See you there.

PlanB x

Comment

When I opened the post today and saw that claim I didn't panic as I did before. I knew what to expect thanks to all the help and advice I had been given here. Also I figured I could panic as much as I wanted to but that claim wasn't going to go away unless I dealt with it. It is a process that I DO have to interact with, but they are not allowed to kill me, so I'm safe x

Comment

Hi Beachbaby, sorry to hear about the second claim, but I'm glad to see that you are now able to cope much better with the dross. Good luck
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

New thread started for claim here http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...Claim-Received
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                          Email it to Niddy using webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Also send that 2012 letter from Santander which you say said your storecard was changing to a credit card and you were given the option to opt out.
                          Actually can you email those two things to me too using planb@all-about-debt.co.uk

I know a little bit about storecards which get *transformed* into credit cards

Comment

Actually can you email those two things to me too using planb@all-about-debt.co.uk

I know a little bit about storecards which get *transformed* into credit cards
                            Done x

Comment

Done x
                              I've got it

From now on we'll post everything on your thread in the legal section.

PlanB x

Comment

I've got it

From now on we'll post everything on your thread in the legal section.

PlanB x
                                Yikes we not there now LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X