GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Ibiza's UE Diary! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ibiza's UE Diary!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibiza's UE Diary!

Been advised to start this by NID.

*frantic thinking of which accounts I have..... and one last logon to money manager to check!*

Edit:

Have to add I have other accounts (Aqua, Capital One, Vanquis) which I never built up a balance on, so they're all active and not in debt/arrears.

Also have a car on Hire Purchase, which is pretty much the only reason I didn't go for bankruptcy
    Last edited by 1NightInIbiza; 27 November 2013, 12:15.

Re: Ibiza's UE Diary!

NATIONWIDE

Credit Card.....
    Opened Jan 2012. Balance shows as £4535.26 including fees/charges etc.

December 2013
    19/12/2013 - KPR letter, 30% discount on balance if paid within 7 days.
    /12/13 - Letters from KPR demanding payment in 7 days
    2/12/2013 - 'Pre-Debt Collection Notice'. Debt to be passed to KPR Debt Collection for full balance (£4,547.26)

November 2013
    Had a termination notice

Current Account...
    Opened Dec 2012. Balance was -£3200.

January 2014
    21/01/2014 - Letter stating that management of my account will now be carried out by Moorcroft Debt Recovery. They've passed £3,255 as the balance.

November 2013
    Default notice
    & Nationwide sent Income & Expenditure form for me to fill in. Completed, but not sent back yet - do I send it?
    Last edited by 1NightInIbiza; 21 January 2014, 14:40.

Comment

Natwest

Student Credit Card. - Opened August 2009
      £359 owing. Over limit & 2 months in arrears. No communication other than 'we urgently need to speak to you' letters

World 0% card -
      Opened Summer 2013. £1200 owing. 2 months (?) in arrears

Overdrafts (full interest charging current accounts)

3 opened during 2013

1 opened 2002 as a kids account, upgraded to adult at some point around 2009. Overdraft added in 2013 I believe

1 - -£3050
      2 - -£3020
      3 - -£2530
      4 - -£2529

2 months in arrears

Student Account
      Account opened in 2003 as a kids account, upgraded to adult on a similar date to the previous kids account in 2009. Converted to Student Account in August 2009. Student o/d due to be cut in June 2015. Assuming this one will just stay as is until 2015?

-£1800. 0%. Maxed out but not over limit. No communication received (yet)
      Last edited by 1NightInIbiza; 3 December 2013, 16:49.

Comment

Barclaycard
        Opened in 2010

-£3051. 2 months in arrears. No communication from them.

Last edited by 1NightInIbiza; 3 December 2013, 16:50.

Comment

Royal Bank of Scotland

All RBS accounts opened in Summer 2013

Credit Cards:
          World 0% - -£1236. 2 months arrears
          World 0% - -£1077. 2 months arrears

Current accounts:
          1: -£714 (O/D of £600. 100 odd is charges).
          2: -£4.35 (unauth o/d). They've written saying they're adding loads of charges next month.
          Last edited by 1NightInIbiza; 3 December 2013, 16:42.

Comment

Halifax

C/A Opened Approx 2010. Used to have 5k O/D. Cancelled it back to £0 and moved debt to N/Wide (Cheaper). 1k O/D re-approved October 2013
            Current account: -£999

Mastercard: Opened Approx Late 2010
            -£1997 (2 months arrears)

Last edited by 1NightInIbiza; 3 December 2013, 16:44.

Comment

Co-op

Both opened Nov 2012
              1: -£1955. 2k limit.
              2: -£300 ish (300 limit)

Credit card - Opened Dec 2012
              -£500ish. 500 limit. Min payments up to date.
              Last edited by 1NightInIbiza; 3 December 2013, 16:45.

Comment

OK Ibiza

Could you just add the start dates to all of that, has an impact on how we deal

Comment

hi, is this regarding the pre/post-2007 (?) changes?

2 of the Natwest overdraft accounts started in 2002, as kids 'adapt' accounts. They were auto upgraded to adult accounts later on. One of those two then turned into my student account.

Everything else is post 2009 - I can try and find closer dates if you need them but not sure I'll be able to

Thanks

Comment

yes it's easier to help if we know when they started

could you notate dates on, I'm not being awkward but there are quite a few diaries and it's difficult to remember every one

Comment

Hi,

Sorry been away, yep totally understand that - just added the dates on as far as possible. On NID's advise I've stopped using online banking so can't check latest balances.

What happens now? Do I need to acknowledge them or anything, or literally just ignore the lot of them? I've been sent an I&E form from Nationwide for the current account.

Thank you

Comment

Ok so no real recourse to UE as they are all post 2007.

What do you want to achieve and why did Niddy tell you to siop using online banking? Are you still using a bank where you have debt?

Comment

Only thing I thought of the other day was regarding the 2 kids accounts, I can't recall asking for them to be moved over in 2009 (although I signed electronically for the overdrafts etc later on and to upgrade the 2nd to a student account). I was just told you can't have an 'Adapt' account now you're 18... here's your new one.

Admittedly it won't make a great deal of difference either way in the long run even if they were invalid in some way, but is that worth any form of questioning?

I was thinking of bankruptcy to stop them harassing me. It doesn't really affect me, I just tell them to get lost. But the thought of living with a partner whilst DCAs are hounding us isn't the best. I wouldn't 'hide' the debt etc, but 'shoe on the other foot' and all that - I wouldn't be particularly keen to live with someone who brought DCAs & Baliffs to our house god knows how many times a week!

I'm told Natwest may apply for it anyway - saving me making the decision! But I want to keep the car so I'm not keen to apply myself, even with the constant hounding from different companies. Because of charges there's no real way to get the debt down unless I do ridiculously well in self employment (average at best at moment from part time work)

I'm led to believe that paying even £1 a month to any of them (what I offered, and n/wide sent a I&E for me to fill out before they'd consider it) will never get rid of the debt, and they could still go back on it and take me to court further down the line? Whereas leaving it now means in Dec 2019/Jan 2020 I'd not have any of this anymore?

Na I'm banking with Santander. I also have a Norwich and Peterborough gold account, which use an 08-xx-xx sort code. 08... is co-op. Is there any connection/right for them to take from that account?

Sorry for the essay :P

Thanks for your help
                          Last edited by 1NightInIbiza; 3 December 2013, 17:41. Reason: N&P

Comment

Companies are not allowed to harass you.... and, debt collectors are not bailiffs. Bailiffs only get involved if a company takes you to court, gets a CCJ and you then default on that CCJ.

Paying £1 a month will keep a debt live, yes.... but, no company will want to collect £1 a month for years on end. Most sell these on to debt collectors at some point to clear their books of the bad debt and this (in my opinion) is the best scenario for post-2007 debts because these debt collectors will then still have to honour a CCA request (legal request for enforceable paperwork) and some still fail miserably at it.

It's all a game of strategy.....
                            Remember the mantra:
                            NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                            Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                            Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks that's interesting.

One thing I'm just wondering - I have home (contents) insurance with Co-Op Insurance. Would that be affected in any way should I claim, because of the money I owe Co-Op bank? I took the insurance through the bank. Not sure what the legalities would be? They take the Direct Debit out of the bank account (gonna have to get them to move that!). But if I were to claim, could they insist on paying cash into an overdrawn co-op account?

Comment

Working...
                              X