GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Ibiza's UE Diary! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ibiza's UE Diary!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ibiza's UE Diary!

Thank you

It's been fairly quiet, just the same letters coming (we need to speak to you urgently, blah blah blah). SpreadEx sent me yet another letter giving me 14 days

Got one from Nationwide saying Moorcroft are dealing with my account now (just the overdraft). If this the time to try and get a CCA from Moorcroft?

Comment

wait until Moorcroft send you a letter then send the CCA

Comment

That's a really good point Pixie and one I hadn't thought of. I was thinking of trying to increase the payments on my CCJ but I may as well wait until the rest are sorted as it won't have a positive effect anyway. A payment amount wasn't set by the court by the way so it was left up to Shoosmiths and myself to agree a figure. I had done my I&E before and so just offered them the figure on that. They contact me every year to submit another I&E but I just tell them it's the same. I would ideally like the restriction on my property to be removed and that is the main reason for considering an increase. It would still take ages though. Small steps and all that

Comment

Still haven't heard anything from RBS group re: All the overdrafts. Must be about 5 months now since I last paid anything in. On my credit reports they're all showing as up to date (but with correct, over limit, balances) so don't know what they're up to! Forgot about my 2nd RBS account, that still says £4 on my report (Noddle/Call Credit).

Nationwide have passed it to Moorcroft (read a lot about them!) who offered me 50% off, then said because I'd not replied they'd be round soon to 'help me connect to head office via telephone'. So Moorcroft debt collectors are now basically 'dialers' from Wolf of Wall Street? Interesting job. Might let him in and have a chat about it!!

Haven't heard from Spreadex since they told the court they'd pursue the claim. Guessing there's not much I can do with the others in the meantime? I only have enough money to live until the end of June, so everything I make (mystery shopping and the like) goes into my rent account. No chance of making any payments at all until I get a proper job (hopefully soon!), so just sit and wait it out? Whilst ignoring this person at the door!

Comment

Have you sent the CCA? if they aren't mithering you, just go with the flow..................

Comment

Nope, haven't sent or had anything regarding them.

Does it affect anything if they take their time? Either in my favour or against me?

I assume the official default date will be later (e.g. April/May/June etc) so the 6 years until they account drops of my file will be delayed. That's the only thing I can think of?

Not saying they are, but could be an interesting plan.... as they're harassing me about a £350 credit card and have defaulted it already (that's what made me wonder what they're up to). Leave the overdraft alone and don't bother me about it for 5 years and then go after it, leaving negative CRA data for 11 years? hmmmmm!

Comment

let's get them to SB then we'll deal with any subsidiary shyte

Comment

I know it's not unenforceable, but remembered I had this and thought I'd keep everything here as NID suggested

I've just had a letter from capquest on behalf of RBS asking for just under 16k

There's no information as to how they actually came up with 16k, but I'm assuming it's the 4 Natwest overdrawn accounts (all at about 3.5k after charges), plus the natwest student account (1800) - which means for some reason they've ignored the credit cards & all RBS debts (credit card & overdrafts).

Are capquest allowed to do that? Although they've bought all the debts, they were all seperate CCAs so shouldn't I be getting 1 letter per CCA? Although I suppose if they go after a CCJ 1 x 16k would look 'better', because although it's over the 5k limit for renting, people would assume it's just 1 loan...

Comment

no they can't just ad it all together, not allowed.

i would send off a prove it letter, you know nothing of this debt, which is the flat truth, you've been doing higglypillgy sums trying to work out what it is but you don't know

http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...-debt-prove-it

let us know what they come back with

Comment

Originally posted by 1NightInIbiza View Post
                      I've just had a letter from capquest on behalf of RBS asking for just under 16k

There's no information as to how they actually came up with 16k, but I'm assuming it's the 4 Natwest overdrawn accounts (all at about 3.5k after charges), plus the natwest student account (1800) - which means for some reason they've ignored the credit cards & all RBS debts (credit card & overdrafts).

Are capquest allowed to do that? Although they've bought all the debts, they were all seperate CCAs so shouldn't I be getting 1 letter per CCA?

Just check that letter isn't headed Statutory Demand under Section 268 (1) (a) of the Insolvency Act 1986.

A creditor can group debts together for the purpose of serving a statutory demand.

I'm sure it isn't, but better safe than sorry.

Comment

Thanks, interesting I'll do that then and see what they have to say.

Nope it's not a stat demand - it's a 'welcome' letter!!! "Welcome to Capquest. We're now looking after your account.... we'd like to talk to you.... we look forward to hearing from you"

Comment

Just been on my credit report. Barclaycard was staying as 6 markers for a few months, and then Link Financial created a different record. I complained and the Barclaycard account has now vanished (which has improved my 'score' for some reason!) - it's not in open or closed accounts?? The Link one just has a record of D in July with the balance, no history etc - although the start date has backdated to 2011.

Three Mobile (my original contract, because they've now given my a 2nd!) are on there as March: 1, April: 2, May: 3, June: 3, July: 3. If I'm not going bankrupt then obviously it would be in my best interests to get these remaining few accounts defaulted ASAP. Can I do anything about that Three one?

Interestingly, although they've defaulted me on the main account, and removed the other accounts from online banking, Nationwide have left my other 4 current accounts open (0 balance)... so that must be a help if they fancy leaving those 'perfect' accounts open!!

Comment

if you aren't going bankrupt and want to attempt UE with some of these, you need to stop standing up and shouting CO EEEE !!! which is what you are doing everytime you access the credit record. Keeping under the radar is a much better approach, we haven't looked at our credit records for over four years, who cares what numbers they have on you?

Comment

Haha true, I'm just intrigued! It's through my old credit card so they're always checking it and emailing me - do the DCAs etc check when the last time I searched it was then? Will have to disable it!

Comment

everytime you login you confirm you're still there, there is no need to do that. a low profile works better, trust me. and why does it matter anyway. Your record is trashed end of, you need to live your life without credit and start to make your life not so much an open book to all the bloodsuckers. Life CAN be lived without credit, loads of us are doing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X