GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lilly1203 Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lilly1203 Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilly1203 Diary

i joined today and need some advice. I was widowed in 2010, I have two teenage children to support and my husband cancelled the insurance on the mortgage and so I am also having to pay this on my own, I am only a teaching assistant and therefore do not earn very much, my wages basically just cover my mortgage, I am on benefits which helps. My main problem is the debts I have been left with, some are in my husbands name, some I admit are mine and others including a secured loan are in joint names however I don't remember signing this. I just need advice on the best way forward out of this mess as it is causing me stress at a time I could well do without it.
    • Date commenced: July 2005

• Approx balance: £668

• Date last paid: August 2010 full payment £1 month

• Are you on arrangement or not paying: £1 month, keep telephoning for more

• Account owner: Next now Debt Managers

29.01.13 Sent CCA request to debt managers
    28.02.13 received letter from Next with blank credit agreement and blank terms and conditons, they state they are unable to locate a copy of the signed credit agreement but the law does not require them to send me a signed one only a reconstituted one.
    12/03/13 Sent missing prescribed terms template.
    03.04.13 received letter stating " The law does not require us to send you a copy of a signed CCA only a reconstituted version of your CCA" they have sent an unsigned copy again.
    17.04.13 Received a letter from DManagers. This is headed "Notice of Proceedings".
    03.05.13 Letter from Russel + Aitken, stating " We have received instructions to consider immediate court action.
    03.05.13 Sent Niddy unsigned CCA just to check it out.
    07.05.13 Letter received from Debt Managers stating that Next have fulfilled their obligation under CCAct and the full amount is now payable.
    13.05.13 Email from Niddy UE - Wonderful
    13.05.13 sent MPT template.
    23.05.13 Letter from Debt Mangers stating that Next have fulfilled their obligation under the CCA and I should contact re payment and complete I&E.
    Last edited by lilly1203; 23 May 2013, 20:54. Reason: update

Re: Lilly1203 Diary
    • Date commenced: Jan 2010

• Approx balance: £577

• Date last paid: August 2010

• Are you on arrangement or not paying - Arrangement £1 month, keep phonng for more
    • Status defaulted
    • Account owner: Vanquis now Roxburgh

Comment

• Date commenced : May 2005

• Approx balance : £275

• Date last paid : August 2010

• Are you on arrangement or not paying - Arrangement £1.00
      • Status defaulted
      • Account owner : Capital one - now Credit solutions

31.07.13 letter from Credit Solutions stating "our tracing team have confirmed that you now reside at this address" please contact us.
      Sent CCA req + £1.
      08.08.13 letter received at my Dads addressed to "The Occupier" stating "We are endeavoring to contact the above named individual (Lilly) can you give us any information. Please telephone us.

Last edited by lilly1203; 15 August 2013, 06:34. Reason: update

Comment

• Date commenced : June 2007

• Approx balance :£1274

• Are you on arrangement or not paying - Arrangement £ 2.00
        • Status defaulted
        • Account owner : Monument now Cabot Finance

Comment

• Date commenced : March 2006
          • Approx balance : 301.37

• Are you on arrangement or not paying - Arrangement £2.00
          • Status defaulted
          • Account owner : Barclaycard now Mercers

Comment

• Date commenced :February 2008

• Approx balance : £448.93

• Are you on arrangement or not paying - Arrangement £1.00
            • Status defaulted
            • Account owner : Howard Cohen

Comment

• Date commenced : June 2007

• Approx balance : 148.21

• Are you on arrangement or not paying - Arrangement £2.00
              • Status defaulted
              • Account owner : Littlewoods now Moorcroft

Comment

welcome lily so sorry for your loss , hang on in there someone will be along soon to help take care xx
                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Lilly,
                  Sorry to hear about your loss.
                  I am sure someone will be along soon to help. Good news is the debts are all very small, so wouldn't worry about things too much
                  When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by lilly1203 View Post
                    i joined today and need some advice. I was widowed in 2010, I have two teenage children to support and my husband cancelled the insurance on the mortgage and so I am also having to pay this on my own, I am only a teaching assistant and therefore do not earn very much, my wages basically just cover my mortgage, I am on benefits which helps. My main problem is the debts I have been left with, some are in my husbands name, some I admit are mine and others including a secured loan are in joint names however I don't remember signing this. I just need advice on the best way forward out of this mess as it is causing me stress at a time I could well do without it.
                    • Date commenced: July 2005

• Approx balance: £668

• Date last paid: August 2010 full payment £1 month

• Are you on arrangement or not paying: £1 month, keep telephoning for more

• Account owner: Next now Debt Managers

29.01.13 Sent CCA request to debt managers
                    28.02.13 received letter from Next with blank credit agreement and blank terms and conditions, they state they are unable to locate a copy of the signed credit agreement but the law does not require them to send me a signed one only a reconstituded one.
                    28.02.13 received letter from Next with blank credit agreement and blank terms and conditions, they state they are unable to locate a copy of the signed credit agreement but the law does not require them to send me a signed one only a reconstituded one. Do I send anything back to them, thanks Lilly x

Comment

Originally posted by lilly1203 View Post
                      28.02.13 received letter from Next with blank credit agreement and blank terms and conditions, they state they are unable to locate a copy of the signed credit agreement but the law does not require them to send me a signed one only a reconstituded one. Do I send anything back to them, thanks Lilly x
                      Send this back to next --> CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms - allaboutDEBT UK

They are incorrect in their assumption
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Think we need to address her late husbands debts as it reads as though shes still paying them.

If they are soley in his name, and are not secured, then you do not owe this money, plain and simply.

You need to write back to the companies who your late husband had debts with and include a copy of his death certificate, also stating that there was nothing left in his estate when he died.

No matter what they might tell you, you are not responsible for his debts if they are soley in his name, and are not secured to any property.

Comment

^^^ yep, sorry missed that totally - well spotted.
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            Send this back to next --> CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms - allaboutDEBT UK

They are incorrect in their assumption
                            Thanks Niddy, will do that when I get home cheers Lilly x

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                              Think we need to address her late husbands debts as it reads as though shes still paying them.

If they are soley in his name, and are not secured, then you do not owe this money, plain and simply.

You need to write back to the companies who your late husband had debts with and include a copy of his death certificate, also stating that there was nothing left in his estate when he died.

No matter what they might tell you, you are not responsible for his debts if they are soley in his name, and are not secured to any property.
                              Hi SX Guy, thanks for your comments, my dad has helped sort my late husbands debts out, they are now all gone. Many thanks Lilly x

Comment

Working...
                              X