GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lilly1203 Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lilly1203 Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pezman65
    replied
    Sorry guys, appears to have duplicated?

Leave a comment:

• pezman65
    replied
    add
    Last edited by pezman65; 23 February 2018, 06:45.

Leave a comment:

• pezman65
    replied
    Hi Diana, many thanks for the reply. Lilly never received a claim form. The first she received was the Judgement for claimant (in Default) letter. The solicitors letter came the next day and stated " as you have not replied to the claim form" etc etc. I will advise Lilly to contact NCCBC and will update once that has been don. Again many thanks Lilly's Dad

Leave a comment:

• pezman65
    replied
    Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

I've found it

I'm afraid it went to my Junk folder as email address not recognised (no username or thread link for clues).

Can you clarify something. You say the "court letter was dated 8th January" so does this mean she received the claim form late, never received it, or received it and didn't respond before the Acknowledgement of Service deadline?

She needs to call NCCBC to get the "Case Details" which will help her to identify the debt (it should say in the Particulars of Claim) if she doesn't recognise it.

In order to get it set aside she would need to persuade the court that she didn't get the claim form and that if it were to be set aside she would have a good chance of defending it.

Depending on what happened (which will decide whether she has any chance of a set aside) she may need to make an Application to Vary the CCJ to a monthly sum which she can afford which would not place her in hardship.

Establish the facts first and then decide the next step based on her options.

Di
    Hi Diana, many thanks for the reply. The judgement for claimant (in Default) letter came before the solicitors letter. Lilly never received a claim form at all. The first she new was the notice from the court that was dated 8.01.18, nothing prior. I will advise her to call the NCCBC as you suggest. I will update on there response. Many thanks Lilly's dad

Leave a comment:

• Joanna Connolly Solicitors
    replied
    Originally posted by pezman65 View Post
    have emailed Dianna but have not had a reply either email or via the messages. Any ideas what I could try next.

I've found it

I'm afraid it went to my Junk folder as email address not recognised (no username or thread link for clues).

Can you clarify something. You say the "court letter was dated 8th January" so does this mean she received the claim form late, never received it, or received it and didn't respond before the Acknowledgement of Service deadline?

She needs to call NCCBC to get the "Case Details" which will help her to identify the debt (it should say in the Particulars of Claim) if she doesn't recognise it.

In order to get it set aside she would need to persuade the court that she didn't get the claim form and that if it were to be set aside she would have a good chance of defending it.

Depending on what happened (which will decide whether she has any chance of a set aside) she may need to make an Application to Vary the CCJ to a monthly sum which she can afford which would not place her in hardship.

Establish the facts first and then decide the next step based on her options.

Di

Leave a comment:

• Still Waving
    replied
    Hi Guys, have emailed Dianna but have not had a reply either email or via the messages. Any ideas what I could try next. Cheers Lillys Dad
    I would try another email to the address provided above. She may have missed your first one. I believe she was on site the other day, so is not far away, and she has suggested to another member that email, rather than pm, would be the better route.

Leave a comment:

• pezman65
    replied
    Hi Guys, have emailed Dianna but have not had a reply either email or via the messages. Any ideas what I could try next. Cheers Lillys Dad

Leave a comment:

• pezman65
    replied
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• Still Waving
    replied
    Hi

Di's email is di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• pezman65
    replied
    Hi Roger, can you please tell me how I do that, what is her email address, thanks

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    Hi Guys, hope all is well. Been a long time since my last post and Lilly has been doing ok. Children are now at university ( wow doesn't time fly) Just wanted to ask some advice. Lilly has not heard anything for the past couple of years but recently a Judgment for claimant (in default) from Cabot Financial has come through the post, it is for £335.44 + £107 costs. Lilly has no idea what this is for. She has had no notification prior to this. The next day a Mortimer Clarke (solicitor) letter dropped on the mat stating they were going to apply for a judgment in default as she has not completed the claim for or provided an IE. Although the letter was dated 04.01.18 and the court letter was dated 8.01.18 the Mortimer letter arrived on the 14th, the day after the court judgement letter. They are giving her 14 days to pay £50 per month which is far to much as she only just manages now. Just wondered what her best course of action would be. Kind regards Lilly's Dadx
    This is something for the legal Team.
    I would email Diana.

Leave a comment:

• pezman65
    replied
    Hi Guys, hope all is well. Been a long time since my last post and Lilly has been doing ok. Children are now at university ( wow doesn't time fly) Just wanted to ask some advice. Lilly has not heard anything for the past couple of years but recently a Judgment for claimant (in default) from Cabot Financial has come through the post, it is for £335.44 + £107 costs. Lilly has no idea what this is for. She has had no notification prior to this. The next day a Mortimer Clarke (solicitor) letter dropped on the mat stating they were going to apply for a judgment in default as she has not completed the claim for or provided an IE. Although the letter was dated 04.01.18 and the court letter was dated 8.01.18 the Mortimer letter arrived on the 14th, the day after the court judgement letter. They are giving her 14 days to pay £50 per month which is far to much as she only just manages now. Just wondered what her best course of action would be. Kind regards Lilly's Dadx

Leave a comment:

• pezman65
    replied
    Re: Lilly1203 Diary

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
    Hi Lilly are you OK ?
    Hi Nanna58, Lilly is struggling at the moment, NRAM and GE money pushing hard but Elsa and Plan B are supporting and advising us both. Thanks for the email and concern, kind regards Lilly's Dad x

Leave a comment:

• nanna58
    replied

Hi Lilly are you OK ?

Leave a comment:

• lilly1203
    replied

Originally posted by planB View Post
    I've just read this post from September 2012. It says Lilly's late husband cancelled the insurance on the mortgage but she doesn't mention whether there was any insurance on the secured loan. Could there have been? I think the circumstances surrounding that cancellation of the insurance on the first mortgage may be relevant. Was the mortgage in arrears at the time? Was the lender putting Lilly's late husband under financial pressure so he cancelled a vital policy in order to comply with their demands?

If Lilly doesn't remember signing the G E Money secured loan is it possible she didn't? Do you have the paperwork?

I'm looking for things which could help her negotiate with the two lenders to get the balance(s) written off. Or any irregularities in the way the loans were set up and/or conducted which would enable her to refer a complaint to the FOS to buy time if nothing else.
    Hi Plan B, Lillys late husband used to sigh her name all the time without her knowledge on joint accounts and agreements etc and was very good at it, we do have the paperwork and the signature looks good but Lilly has no recollection of signing. She remembers a guy coming to the house and leaving paperwork but that's all. I have checked and there was no up to date insurance on the loan with GE. The mortgage was in arrears as he had cancelled the direct debit a few months earlier before he died. A lot of things have come to light since his death and it appears very uncertain as to what he was up to, (extra marital) this is what has caused Lilly to go into depression and need counseling. Lilly has signed an authorization for me to deal with all her financial situation as we don't want her to deteriorate any further. NRAM have put everyone under pressure, even told her to stop giving the children any pocket money. They really are the pitts, hope to speak soon, regards Lillys dad.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X