GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Credit Card Debt Help Please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit Card Debt Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Card Debt Help Please

Hi folks.
    I hope I can get some help here. I have 2 credit cards which were taken out a long time ago (8+ years). Over that time they have mounted up with credit limit increases (not requested by me).
    Card #1:
    Nationwide Credit Card
    This is the one I really want to get sorted as it has caused me nothing but stress. I think it orginally started with a £1000 limit or something, but with all the limit increases its now £8150. The balance is £8450 now, so it's a little over the limit (due to interest, charges etc). I have stopped paying it due to having no work and no money. They sent me a Default Notice dated 26-08-2010. What should I do about this?

Card #2:
    Barclaycard
    I have missed some payments on this one but have paid what I can when I can. Credit limit started at £1000 or something and it now upto £4200 with the balance at £4440.

Should I start with the Unenforceability letter templates on this site?

Many Thanks

Re: Credit Card Debt Help Please

The fact they issued limit increases doesn't mean it will be unenforceable..... they clearly state in their terms they will decide your limit etc etc....

Maybe have a good read of the UE thread and then you'll see if it's right for you....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yeah I have had a good read about it on here and other forums. It seems like my only option. Has anyone had dealings with Nationwide or Barclaycard with success?

Comment

Lots of success, but never works like that - each account is unique... provide the basic needed as per here: --->>> viewtopic.php?p=6789#p6789

and we'll let you know chances of success.....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: Unenforceability Diaries

Thanks NID. Here are the details.

1. Credit Card
          2. 2000 maybe I'm not sure
          3. 8450
          4. Last FULL payment was in April 2010
          5. Not paying
          6. Default notice received/ in arrears
          7. Nationwide

1. Credit Card
          2. 2000 or round abouts
          3. 4450
          4. Not sure about full payment but over 4 months ago
          5. Not paying
          6. in arrears
          7. Barclaycard

Had a call today from Mercers today but I missed it so I'm not sure what it was about.

Comment

Hiya

have you sent the CCA Request off?

Comment

Not yet.
              I guess I will do that today.

Comment

Ok. CCA request letters sent to both companies with a postal order for £1.
                Mercers have called me 3 times today regarding the Barclaycard account.

Comment

Thanks Andy.
                  I forgot to mention that I'm in Northern Ireland. I don't know if that make any difference regarding the legal side of things.

Comment

Originally posted by WicKeD
                    Thanks Andy.
                    I forgot to mention that I'm in Northern Ireland. I don't know if that make any difference regarding the legal side of things.
                    Is your credit agreement in UK law or Irish law? If there is such a thing...? I'm not great when it comes to scottish/irish laws, only the basics so you'll need to remember if you remember seeing anything mentioning irish law or british law - chances are if from a UK lender then it'll be british law.

Comment

Ok it's definetly not Irish law. Only reason I ask is because some things are different in Northern Ireland, like we don't have a debt relief order scheme.

Comment

Ok it's definetly not Irish law. Only reason I ask is because some things are different in Northern Ireland, like we don't have a debt relief order scheme.
                        Yea but we're fighting the CCA using the law that the act comes under, i.e. UK law. ;--G

Comment

Ok thanks NID. how about the Statute Barrd templates you have here. One of Scotland and one for England. What about NI?

Comment

Ok thanks NID. how about the Statute Barrd templates you have here. One of Scotland and one for England. What about NI?
                            english law mate - statute barred is relevant to where the account was actually taken out, so in this case UK (English law).... stop stressing.

Comment

Ok cheers.

Comment

Working...
                              X