GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Any solicitors here to help??? What can I do??? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any solicitors here to help??? What can I do???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any solicitors here to help??? What can I do???

I got Eastleys Solicitors in Paignton, Devon to check the enforceability of two loans I have with HSBC and Northern Rock. I was informed by them that both loan agreements contained breaches of contract and were therefore unenforceable. I was told that they would ensure I would not have to make anymore payments to either company again for a charge of 6 month's loan installments on a 'no win, no fee' basis. I agreed to this (I realise now I could have challenged them myself) and started making payments to them. However, I decided not to persue the matter after 5 months, and having paid them over £2000. I was told that all payments would be kept to cover costs. Subsequently I have learnt that both loan agreements were infact enforceable. Also, they had asked both creditors for copies of my loan agreements and stated to them if copies could not be found then the loans would be unenforceable. I was later shown a copy of a letter sent by HSBC (by their solicitors D.G. Solicitors who were chasing the missed payments on the loan) a copy of my agreement sent To Eastleys by HSBC. They never informed my of this! I believe that I have been tricked into parting with money based on lies that my loan agreements were unenforceable. What can I do? Surely there is someone who can investigate this and take action against Eastleys? Are there any solicitors on here who can help? Thanks, Lloyd Jones.

Re: Any solicitors here to help??? What can I do???

Originally posted by lloydjones View Post
    I got Eastleys Solicitors in Paignton, Devon to check the enforceability of two loans I have with HSBC and Northern Rock. I was informed by them that both loan agreements contained breaches of contract and were therefore unenforceable. I was told that they would ensure I would not have to make anymore payments to either company again for a charge of 6 month's loan installments on a 'no win, no fee' basis. I agreed to this (I realise now I could have challenged them myself) and started making payments to them. However, I decided not to persue the matter after 5 months, and having paid them over £2000. I was told that all payments would be kept to cover costs. Subsequently I have learnt that both loan agreements were infact enforceable. Also, they had asked both creditors for copies of my loan agreements and stated to them if copies could not be found then the loans would be unenforceable. I was later shown a copy of a letter sent by HSBC (by their solicitors D.G. Solicitors who were chasing the missed payments on the loan) a copy of my agreement sent To Eastleys by HSBC. They never informed my of this! I believe that I have been tricked into parting with money based on lies that my loan agreements were unenforceable. What can I do? Surely there is someone who can investigate this and take action against Eastleys? Are there any solicitors on here who can help? Thanks, Lloyd Jones.
    Have a mooch at the following:

1. Law Society

2. Legal Ombudsman

3. SRA
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi, first thigns first... Where did you hear your agreements were ENFORCEABLE?

Secondly-- there are organisations you can contact but we need more information.

Have you tried contacting Eastleys?

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post

Secondly-- there are organisations you can contact but we need more information.

Not really, lol, its not something we can help with - this needs to be taken further via the appropriate channels.

Obviously the first thing to do is speak to eastleys then consider going to the regulatory bodies as linked above in post #2. Additional info isn't really going to do much cos we can't really help with such an issue.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post

Niddy informed me that both agreements were enforceable.

Not contacted Eastleys yet, should I write to them first?

Comment

Niddy informed me that both agreements were enforceable.

Not contacted Eastleys yet, should I write to them first?
            Yes mate, contact them first. Remember UE changed for everyone last year after the Carey Case so whatever was previously agreed may be out of date, that is all.... bear this in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              Yes mate, contact them first. Remember UE changed for everyone last year after the Carey Case so whatever was previously agreed may be out of date, that is all.... bear this in mind.
              Sorry, dont know what you mean???

Comment

Sorry, dont know what you mean???
                See this: ---> UPDATED - A Full Guide to Unenforceability

Then see these - this is the precedent used in all my templates here: ---> McGuffick v RBS & Carey v HSBC

Comment

Letter written, will be in the post tomorrow.

Will let you know their response as soon as its received.

Comment

You need to get in touch with the Legal Ombudsman Tel: 0300 555 0333.

They are the official body to whom you should complain about your own solicitors. For the benefit of anyone else reading this, if you're complaining about other solicitors it's different, so don't phone this number!

Comment

Originally posted by caspar View Post
                      You need to get in touch with the Legal Ombudsman Tel: 0300 555 0333.

They are the official body to whom you should complain about your own solicitors. For the benefit of anyone else reading this, if you're complaining about other solicitors it's different, so don't phone this number!
                      Yep - Agreed, see here: #2

Comment

Letter sent, received a reply from Eatleys complaints manager dated 28th January stating I would receive a reply to my complaint within 14 days. Nothing received as yet! I have emailed the complaints manager to ask when I can expect a response but no reply to my email either. Shall I notify the Legal Ombudsman?

Comment

Letter sent, received a reply from Eatleys complaints manager dated 28th January stating I would receive a reply to my complaint within 14 days. Nothing received as yet! I have emailed the complaints manager to ask when I can expect a response but no reply to my email either. Shall I notify the Legal Ombudsman?
                          Not yet, wait another week or two....... keep us updated

Comment

Another week passed, another email sent. No reply.

Comment

Another week passed, another email sent. No reply.
                              Give them a clear 8 weeks afterwhich, then formally complain.

Comment

Working...
                              X