GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Any solicitors here to help??? What can I do??? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any solicitors here to help??? What can I do???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any solicitors here to help??? What can I do???

Letter received today. They state that as I failed to keep up the monthly payments I terminated the retainer and take the view they are entitled to keep the £2390 I paid them in respect of the work carried out on my behalf.

How on earth do a hadnful of letters to my creditors come to £2390?

What next?

Comment

Originally posted by lloydjones View Post
      Letter received today. They state that as I failed to keep up the monthly payments I terminated the retainer and take the view they are entitled to keep the £2390 I paid them in respect of the work carried out on my behalf.

How on earth do a hadnful of letters to my creditors come to £2390?

What next?
      I think it's time to formally complain mate - wash your hands with these clowns and go to their regulator.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        I think it's time to formally complain mate - wash your hands with these clowns and go to their regulator.
        Will do, their local Law Society is The Devon and Somerset Law Society, shall I write to these first and then the Legal Ombudsman?

Comment

Will do, their local Law Society is The Devon and Somerset Law Society, shall I write to these first and then the Legal Ombudsman?
          That sounds good mate

Seen this yet?: ---> http://www.solicitorsfromhell.co.uk/...sting&lid=2475

Just google "complain Eastleys Solicitors" - you'll get some extra ammunition to use against them
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Complaint left on there!

A letter to Eastleys next informing them I'm taking the matter to their Law Society! Bring it on!!!

Comment

Complaint left on there!

A letter to Eastleys next informing them I'm taking the matter to their Law Society! Bring it on!!!
              Thought you'd like that link

Comment

Google solicitors regulatory body - complaints
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by GANGSHIELD View Post
                  Google solicitors regulatory body - complaints
                  Its already detailed here: ---> #2

Comment

Second letter written to Eastleys as per their complaints policy. My complaint will now be passed on to one of the firm's partners. I stressed in the letter that I had been lied to originally and that there were no breaches in either loan agreement as they stated. I have asked them to prove the breaches they claim the agreements apparently contain. I also threatened them with legal proceedings, BBC's Watchdog, etc. Lets see what they say...

Comment

sounds good, let us know how you get on.

Comment

Best of luck - keep us updated

Comment

UPDATE

Received a letter today from one of Eastleys' partners. They have agreed that I am entitled to a full refund of the monies paid to them!!!

However, The down side is they want to pay me back in instalments over a 9 month period. I think this is totally unacceptable, especially as they obtained the money unlawfully, and its been sitting in their bank account gaining interest for 2 years. Also, both the loans they originally deemed to be unenforceable went into default during the period they were looking into my accounts surely they should be responsible for getting the defaults removed?

What should I do? Push for more money to cover the interest they've gained? Force them to get the defaults lifted? Or just accept their offer of a full refund but not accept it in instalments?

LJ

Comment

Is there anything on the refund letter to suggest a 'full & final' settlement?

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                              Is there anything on the refund letter to suggest a 'full & final' settlement?
                              Nothing

Comment

I would write back and charge interest.

Comment

Working...
                                X