GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Any solicitors here to help??? What can I do??? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any solicitors here to help??? What can I do???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any solicitors here to help??? What can I do???

Originally posted by caspar View Post
    You need to get in touch with the Legal Ombudsman Tel: 0300 555 0333.

They are the official body to whom you should complain about your own solicitors. For the benefit of anyone else reading this, if you're complaining about other solicitors it's different, so don't phone this number!
    For info purposes, what is the correct route for complaining about the other side's legal representatives, & can you hold the other claimant/respondent vicariously liable for their representative's 'cock-up' (a suitably legal term, I believe. lol) - "acting under instruction", & all that!

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
      For info purposes, what is the correct route for complaining about the other side's legal representatives, & can you hold the other claimant/respondent vicariously liable for their representative's 'cock-up' (a suitably legal term, I believe. lol) - "acting under instruction", & all that!
      :apple1::bmulticolor2::alien2::dressedup:

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
          You would complain to the SRA etc - as detailed here: #2

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Am I well within my rights to ask for further compensation on top of the refund? I think I should be entitled to my refund, interest and compensation. Also, I think Eastleys should do everything they can to get the original creditors to remove the default. What do you think?

Can I politely ask people to reply on topic. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by lloydjones View Post
              Am I well within my rights to ask for further compensation on top of the refund? I think I should be entitled to my refund, interest and compensation. Also, I think Eastleys should do everything they can to get the original creditors to remove the default. What do you think?

Can I politely ask people to reply on topic. Thanks.
              You are within your rights to do whatever you want, of course. However regards to the default, Eastleys have no say in that and no matter what they did or said, the DCA would not remove it - at the end of the day it was a true reflection of your account and therefore it'll stay.

Ideally get the refund of monies paid plus interest on that sum at the statutory 8% PLUS something for your inconveniences - that's about the best you'll do i'm afraid.....

As for keeping it on topic; I understand what you're saying but we're a kinda of free-for-all forum where we encourage people to post openly, such comments could alienate your thread
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the help Niddy.

The solicitor has said they cant afford to give my refund in one payment and have offered the refund in instalments. Surely this is taking the p*ss under the circumstance???

Comment

Tteres a £20 note on the floor who picks it up ?
                  1 The high priced solicitor ?
                  2 The low priced solicitor ?
                  3 Father christmas ?
                  No 1 the other 2 don't exist
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by lloydjones View Post
                    Thanks for the help Niddy.

The solicitor has said they cant afford to give my refund in one payment and have offered the refund in instalments. Surely this is taking the p*ss under the circumstance???
                    Is it a small chain like? If so you could use the installments to your advantage. Id be asking for interest on the installments lol. So say they owe £2k, offer them a loan over 12 months at 16.9%. So you'd get back £2000 + the 8% statutory interest (£2160) plus the 16.9% (+ £338) = £2498 / 12 = £208.17 per month.

Or you take legal action and issue a N1 lol. But that's harsh really....

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                      Tteres a £20 note on the floor who picks it up ?
                      1 The high priced solicitor ?
                      2 The low priced solicitor ?
                      3 Father christmas ?
                      No 1 the other 2 don't exist
                      To be fair though, not all solicitors are scoundrels, there are plenty of good'uns! Hope you get your result though.
                      Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
                      SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Originally posted by MustGetStraight View Post
                        To be fair though, not all solicitors are scoundrels, there are plenty of good'uns! Hope you get your result though.
                        I'm not saying that there are all scoundrels, just can't understand why they can't pay out to lloydjones
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I don't understand either??? They have £2000 of my cash and they're a big firm! Tempted to threaten Watchdog, press, legal proceedings etc. To get my refund in full in one payment!

Comment

To be really fair, this lot do seem like right scoundrels! I find it hard to believe that a solicitor who owes money, wouldn't just cough up.

I have had cause to use the Legal Ombudsman recently and can say that they were very helpful and made the solicitors concerned, sit up and deal with the problem. I hope that taking a complaint forward does make your lot pay what they owe you - with interest of course!
                            Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
                            SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Reply written stating that instalments are unacceptable. Threatened Law Society and Legal Ombudsman and said I am well within my rights to demand interest and compensation but will waive these to receive my refund in full in a single payment, as a full and final settlement. Lets see what happens...

Comment

Not had a reply yet, letter sent 22nd May. How long is a reasonable time to wait/accept a reply?

Comment

Working...
                                X