GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SB Question - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SB Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SB Question

I have 4 outstanding accounts that I am not paying. The last payment on these was to the CCCS when I was in a Debt Management Plan. They then divvied up the money to my creditors at the time. The last payment I made to CCCS was in November 2007. My payment would have been made around the 27th/28th of the month and was probably made by the CCCS to the creditors about a week or so after that.

What would the SB date be - when I made the payment to CCCS or when CCCS made the payment to my creditors?

I'm getting all excited now because I'm only a few weeks away from these accounts becoming Statute Barred. The other good news is that on 2 of them, I might be able to reclaim PPI.

Regards.

Fred

Re: SB Question

It would be the date that CCCS made the payment on your behalf. Do you have any statements from that time

Comment

as I recall, CCCS took the money about the 1st of the month and then sent it to the creditors on 25th (while keeping it for a good three weeks which in those days, meant it was earning interest), ours used to hit the creditor accounts around the 1st of the next month, so technically you were always a month behind, although you were in fact a month ahead. I would give it a good couple of months (unless anyone forces your hand of course) then you you should be safe just make sure you have documentary evidence of the date and be very sure. Interested to see how this goes as we'll have the same scenario in 20 months (not that I'm counting)

Comment

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post
        It would be the date that CCCS made the payment on your behalf. Do you have any statements from that time
        It's all in my loft Vint, but I can lay my hands on it. All but the MBNA/Arrow Global account have dropped off my credit reports now.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
          as I recall, CCCS took the money about the 1st of the month and then sent it to the creditors on 25th (while keeping it for a good three weeks which in those days, meant it was earning interest), ours used to hit the creditor accounts around the 1st of the next month, so technically you were always a month behind, although you were in fact a month ahead. I would give it a good couple of months (unless anyone forces your hand of course) then you you should be safe just make sure you have documentary evidence of the date and be very sure. Interested to see how this goes as we'll have the same scenario in 20 months (not that I'm counting)
          Thanks Mrs D. That makes sense from what I can see on my credit reports. I'll keep you posted on this if anything crops up.

Regards.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bassett View Post
            It's all in my loft Vint, but I can lay my hands on it. All but the MBNA/Arrow Global account have dropped off my credit reports now.
            That's a good start Fred but they will drop off of your CF 6 years after default. It is the last payment that is critical

Comment

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post
              That's a good start Fred but they will drop off of your CF 6 years after default. It is the last payment that is critical
              Thanks Vint. It looks as if by January 1st I will be able to breathe easily and that all makes sense. I can see on my credit file that the one account still remaining on there shows a decrease in the amount I owed in December 2007, that in January 2008 the amount was the same and from there onwards it went up as they added interest.

Regards.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bassett View Post
                I'm getting all excited now because I'm only a few weeks away from these accounts becoming Statute Barred. The other good news is that on 2 of them, I might be able to reclaim PPI.
                The PPI claim is a difficult one. If it was me I'd just be happy that I'd got shot of the debts as SB so I'd probably quit while I was ahead. I don't know whether a PPI claim would muddy the waters. Probably not

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
                  The PPI claim is a difficult one. If it was me I'd just be happy that I'd got shot of the debts as SB so I'd probably quit while I was ahead. I don't know whether a PPI claim would muddy the waters. Probably not
                  I have wondered that myself, but once the account is statute barred, I don't see why not. It could be worth about £5k to me all told, so I am definitely going to give it some thought.

Regards.

Fred

Comment

Yes, doing a few searches on that and it's not likely to work. I thought it might originally, because one of these (Lloyds) had sold the account to 1st Credit, so I thought I might be able to go after Lloyds, but now, 1st Credit have sold it back to them so If I claim PPI and win they will just credit the amount to the account. There's almost certainly no point.

Comment

Sure you can claim ppi on a SB debt but then "technically" you're accepting liability. Yea it's post 6yrs so SB but just cos it's SB only means they can't actively pursue you. That's not for saying they won't try their luck - even cheat. Let's not forget Barclays etc... It happens. And to blow it out the window they'd offset the ppi which they CAN do even with an SB debt as you technically credited an account and owe the group money so they can and will offset.

The money owed is not written off; it’s still a debt and in reality it still exists, but with the Act in force the creditor can no longer enforce the debt and take you to court but they CAN utilise RoSo! Be warned.

I'd walk away.
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        I'd walk away.
                        Me too

Comment

Yes, you're right. I just need to wait until the New Year and, effectively, it will be all over. I know that these accounts will be sold to some chancers who will fraudulently claim that I made a payment 2 years ago, but I'll deal with that when the time comes.

ps: What's RoSo?

Comment

Hi Fred,
                            RoSo is right of set off...

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

I'd walk away.
                              Me too Fred. Just aint worth the risk mate.
                              When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                              X