GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Friend ppi claim - 5corpio - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friend ppi claim - 5corpio

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friend ppi claim - 5corpio

I am helping my My friend, who was forced to take out PPI on there Barclaycard some years ago.

Info: My friend has no Defaults, Clean health of Credit History.

The account was formally with Barclay Card - which the Account
    is now Closed about 3 years ago. (But Still has another Barclaycard account with no defaults or outstanding payments)

Can anyone Help me on this>

Q: As the account was formally at an old address (being there parents), Does my friend input on the letter, there current address to make a CCA request or the old address (being parents) for the CCA? As knowing Barclaycard ain't the brightest and might tell them porkies about the current address for CCA Request

Thank you in advance
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Friend ppi claim - 5corpio

Hi 5corpio

When you write to request for a copy of the CC, the account number is sufficient, but there is no harm in confirming the address of where you're mate lived in at the time it was taken out - to cover all grounds.

Give us a yell then if you need any help.
    Basically the paperwork does help, but with 2 of my old mid 90's loan ppi reclaims I do lack paperwork but did manage to get hold of the account numbers and it was confirmed I was sold PPI, these are currently ongoing, but you do not actually require the calcs to make a reclaim, but they are very useful to have in order of an offer as such.

If your mate is successful, then they are entitled to a full refund, plus interest.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
      Hi 5corpio

When you write to request for a copy of the CC, the account number is sufficient, but there is no harm in confirming the address of where you're mate lived in at the time it was taken out - to cover all grounds.
      Thanks Di
      just send this one:Alernative CCA allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - UPDATED - Reclaiming Charges, PPi Unfair Fees

and input after paragraph 2:
      Bearing that my original address at the time was/when account was closed:

xxx
      xxx
      xxx

thanks in advance
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
        Thanks Di
        just send this one:Alernative CCA allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - UPDATED - Reclaiming Charges, PPi Unfair Fees

and input after paragraph 2:
        Bearing that my original address at the time was/when account was closed:

xxx
        xxx
        xxx

thanks in advance

Yes that is fine. I would also do the same as well by enclosing any other address, so there's no come back then as such.

Comment

Thanks Di,

I'll give update of the outcomes and post on the Success Board too

Comment

That will be cool 5corpio, good luck, and post me if you need any help on this. x

Comment

Dates and References of letters SENT and RECEIVED:
              Latest Update: 04/09/11

SENT:
              17/08/11 - Barclaycard - Advance CCA Letter Template

RECEIVED:
              No Date on Letter - Barclaycard - saying they can't find any details ref: Account - need more proof

Last edited by 5corpio; 4 September 2011, 07:15. Reason: Update on PPI Claim

Comment

Dates and References of letters SENT and RECEIVED:

Latest Update: 19/08/11

SENT:

17/08/11 - Barclaycard - Advance CCA Letter Template

RECEIVED:

Xxxx - Xxxx

Doing good 5corpio

Comment

My friend recieved letter from Barclays, saying that they can't find the account from the account number provided to them, and need to send more information (But doesn't tell us what other info to send), You want me to mail it to you Di?

Barclays didn't send the payment cheque back with the letter......my friend is going to check if they have cashed the payment! will let you know on update
                  Last edited by 5corpio; 2 September 2011, 16:33.

Comment

Hi Di - An Update on my friend PPI Barclays 'Feeble excuses'

The letter they sent:
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Barclays 2 Sept 2011 Deleted name.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	1383684
                    1. saying that they can't find the account details
                    2. Addressing the letter Dear Sir/Madam - when they already addressed postal letter correctly
                    3. Letter not even dated -Feeble
                    4. require more proof - My friend has the last CC Statement 2007 (that should be enough proof to send them a copy)
                    5. Nope, they hadn't returned the cheque or cashed it as yet
                    6. they photocopied the original letter that was sent to them - and sent the copy back

1. Should i re-send the letter that was sent to them - Highlighting the last paragraph, as they hadn't returned the cheque, and were told to do so if they couldn't comply
                    2. as well as inserting in paragraph, find enclosed copy of CC of proof that the account exsisted
                    3. If that fails to wake them up - then bounce the FOS Questionaire to them

Have a good weekend Di

Comment

Hi honey

Yes please feel free to email me with anything.

Sorry I did not get back to you earlier and am going to have a nose at that letter now.
                      Cheers x

Comment

What a load or muppets

Yes defo re-send and ask they re-look and if they locate the agreement to provide by 7 days from the date they receive the letter (recorded delivery), and also as you said, mention the cheque.
                        Enclose any "copies" of paperwork that will help them locate the agreement.

Please remind me, what year was this account taken out? cheers.

I had a problem with one of mine, (different bank) they said they could not locate my agreement because I had settled the account some time ago, where they are not then obliged to keep copies, blah blah, so as I knew for definate i was sold and mis sold PPI, I made a complaint and suddenly my agreement turned up!

Strange or what?

So yes, give it another shot, if this fails, I would still continue with a reclaim of the PPI.

You too have a good weekend honey xxx

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                          What a load or muppets
                          Yes defo re-send and ask they re-look and if they locate the agreement to provide by 7 days from the date they receive the letter (recorded delivery), and also as you said, mention the cheque.
                          Enclose any "copies" of paperwork that will help them locate the agreement.

Please remind me, what year was this account taken out? cheers.

So yes, give it another shot, if this fails, I would still continue with a reclaim of the PPI.

You too have a good weekend honey xxx
                          thanks Di

will do.....

i know that the credit card account was closed in 2007 - as from the last statement was Oct 2007.

my friend found out that they were charging PPI, after there mother told that they were PPI on the statement and never knew of it till then.........

this is what i've conjured up with edits.........
                          I hereby formally request a copy of my Consumer Credit Agreement, pursuant to s.77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA1974).

I write in response to your previous letter (NO DATE headed) I required you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to any account you deem to be mine, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide. I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the time limit (5 + 2 days).

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties. Your attention is drawn to ss.5 (2), 3(b), 6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

Find attached:

• Barclaycard statement with the account details and the recent address details as requested in your previous letter, to identify the account
                          • Previous letter, that was sent to you on the 15th August with the statutory fee of £1.00 (which you still have and not returned, as outlined in the previous letter)

Attached was a payment for the sum of £1.00, (WHICH YOU STILL HAVE AND NOT RETURNED) which is the statutory fee - note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose. If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee and then remove the incorrect entry from your systems.

I do, expect the main actions to be dealt with, as matter of course, and look forward to hearing from you within the prescribed time-scales quoted
                          Will up date accord
                          have a good weekend too
                          Last edited by 5corpio; 4 September 2011, 12:28.

Comment

thanks Di

will do.....

i know that the credit card account was closed in 2007 - as from the last statement was Oct 2007.

my friend found out that they were charging PPI, after there mother told that they were PPI on the statement and never knew of it till then.........

this is what i've conjured up with edits.........
                            Will up date accord
                            have a good weekend too

That is fine 5corpio.

So maybe this is the problem then, because the account is closed.

You could though maybe request a SAR instead, where they MUST COMPLY to this one by 40 calendar days, they will therefore hold details going back to at least 2005, which is the last 6 years, some will still hold data on microfiche going back even earlier, its a chance we take.

And with the SAR as you will be aware the cost of this - is to enclose £10 cheque or postal order, then any problems, you can complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).

http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_organisati...rotection.aspx

http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints/data_protection.aspx

Good luck x

Comment

Thanks Di

i mentioned that to my friend this morning, alternative SAR

Comment

Working...
                              X