GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Friend ppi claim - 5corpio - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friend ppi claim - 5corpio

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Friend ppi claim - 5corpio

Evening Di

On your toes tonight, no rush on reply.......will re-read tomorrow, i'll check with friend of Barclay card letter they sent & if they've cashed her cheque?

Will update as follows......... (she not in a rush)
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
      Hi
      I would write back and tell them as they have failed to comply to the Data Protection ACT (DPA) you are in your right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
      So give them a further 14 days, and make them aware that if they fail to comply or at least explain on why they could not provide all data requested under the SAR, you will be contacting the above organisation to make a complaint of failure.

I would if you've not done so yet, send a reclaim questionnaire to the business first and they should be able to investigate on the complaint via PPI.
      If they don't resolve by 8 weeks on the ppi reclaiming, your in your right to make that complaint to the FOS and send them all copies of relevant information, including a copy of the final decision.

When you send in the reclaim questionnaire, they should acknowledge this by sending you a letter within a week or 2.

Keep at them . x
      Hi Di
      No rush..........

* Is there a Template letter with ref: ICO to send Barclay card

* Reclaim questionnaire what is that? - Which business is this? Barclay card. Is this the FOS Questionnaire

thanks in advance Di. have a good weekend
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Ho

Is this letter ok to send?

Dear Sirs
        I am writing with response to my SAR report on xxxxxx which was clearly stated in my previous letter (find attached) with the enclosed payment of £10. You have sent bank account statements for an irrelevant account as asked, which is NOT what was asked for.

As you have clearly failed to comply to the Data Protection Act (DPA). I am inclined to make a formal complaint to the Information Commissioners Office ICO. Unless requested information has been sought for above correct account details or an explanation why you couldn’t provide all data as requested on my SAR. Endeavour i shall contact the above with complaint of failure.

Further to this i also draw your attention to the last paragraph from my letter;

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response. I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties against me or collected monies to which you were not entitled, then I shall be reclaiming them and also the enclosed £10 Data Protection Act subject access request fee.

I look forward to a full response to this letter within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Can you please Let me know if this right?

Comment

Oh my, sorry for my lateness in this.

Will take a read now hon x

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
            Hi Ho

Is this letter ok to send?

Can you please Let me know if this right?

Yes, that is what I would send them as well.

With the ICO, if the business fail again to comply, then you can contact them direct on details below, this is the quickest method of making a complaint to them and they will send a form, or attach one of their own complaint forms to complete by attachment, or as shown on the site.

http://www.ico.gov.uk/Global/contact.aspx

A Reclaim questionnnaire were issued by the FOS for us customers to use to make a complaint to any business that mis sold PPI, so yes in your case you can complete and send to Barclays.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...stionnaire.doc

Keep a copy as well, for example, if the business did not uphold in favour by the final decision, you can send a copy of the reclaim questionnaire you also sent to the business/barclays, this will save them time as well, the FOS also have a direct complaints form on their site as well, so although we hope it does not come to that, you would have to complete the FOS complaints form, enclose a copy of the reclaim questionnaire, and copies of any letters of rejection.

Does that make sense? lol

you too have a lovely weekend. x
            Last edited by di30; 24 May 2012, 10:04.

Comment

Oh my, sorry for my lateness in this.

Will take a read now hon x
              There was no rush, thanks Di
              Yes, that is what I would send them.

With the ICO, if the business fail again to comply, then you can contact them direct on details below, this is the quickest method of making a complaint to them and they will send a form, or attach one of their own complaint forms to complete by attachment, or as shown on the site.

http://www.ico.gov.uk/Global/contact.aspx

A Reclaim questionnnaire were issued by the FOS for us customers to use to make a complaint to any business that mis sold PPI, so yes in your case you can complete and send to Barclays.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...stionnaire.doc

Keep a copy as well, for example, if the business did not uphold in favour by the final decision, you can send a copy of the reclaim questionnaire you also sent to the business/barclays, this will save them time as well, the FOS also have a direct complaints form on their site as well, so although we hope it does not come to that, you would have to complete the FOS complaints form, enclose a copy of the reclaim questionnaire, and copies of any letters of rejection.

Does that make sense? lol

you too have a lovely weekend. x
              I'll see what they send upon reply of this letter, Then we'll wing the FOS Letter to Barclays, with an ICO Complaint letter of request at the same time...........

I'll update of progress...........Go and have a cuppa of tea & carrot cake

Comment

Hi Di

Do you may know what they or that may mean:

3rd Paragraph:
                Please be aware however that not all personal information is covered by the Act and some information may be exempt from disclosure.
                Q: Thought that asking for a SAR, is ALL Information?
                Click image for larger version

Name:	14 May 2012 Letter Barclay card.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	1387066

I take that whilst they decided to send Bank Statements for a Bank Account NOT the closed credit card that was asked for. ie the; CCA, SAR Documents, this doesn't refer to that they've full-filled the criteria by sending Bank Statement and thats it? Would it
                Click image for larger version

Name:	17 May 2012 Letter Barclay card.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	1387068
                thank you in advance for any help

Comment

Hiya

So they are stating that the SAR is still ongoing then?

I would double check with Niddy on what is not covered, because I thought it was all covered by the act.

When I was with Lloyds, my online statements did go back to about 8 years from what I can recall, and what I received in the SAR is more or less the same as online.
                  Does your friend do online banking? Just wondered if Barclaycard if your friend banked with Barclays as well - gave details online of the credit card statements?

Comment

Hiya

So they are stating that the SAR is still ongoing then?

I would double check with Niddy on what is not covered, because I thought it was all covered by the act.

When I was with Lloyds, my online statements did go back to about 8 years from what I can recall, and what I received in the SAR is more or less the same as online.
                    Does your friend do online banking? Just wondered if Barclaycard if your friend banked with Barclays as well - gave details online of the credit card statements?
                    i don't know (But shall wait for 2 weeks, If nothing received, i'll File that letter i've drafted up for her)

Will PM Niddy in whats covered on SAR (as well as i'll check anything else on here about SAR)

She had an account with barclay (as a credit card) Which she closed

She still has a Bank Account with them (which is what they sent her (her current bank account details - which has no relevance to the credit card account in question as the credit card is closed many years ago - lol)

Thanks Di

Comment

i don't know (But shall wait for 2 weeks, If nothing received, i'll File that letter i've drafted up for her)

Will PM Niddy in whats covered on SAR (as well as i'll check anything else on here about SAR)

She had an account with barclay (as a credit card) Which she closed

She still has a Bank Account with them (which is what they sent her (her current bank account details - which has no relevance to the credit card account in question as the credit card is closed many years ago - lol)

Thanks Di
                      So none or the wiser with them really. I did assume everything requested for should be included, right down to phone calls, and written transcripts and so.

Wouldn't surprise if they do withhold some

Comment

Not when i get hold of them (my friend i mean), If your requesting the information about yourself (not somebody), then under the ACT you are entitled to receive such information (Reading on the ICO, explanation also suggests that some might not even charge the fee, But if the person has paid, then the organisation MUST produce/provide this information)

Basicly - they trying to FOB it off - but will wait (as per 40 day letter) and update here

thanks Di

Comment

Not when i get hold of them (my friend i mean), If your requesting the information about yourself (not somebody), then under the ACT you are entitled to receive such information (Reading on the ICO, explanation also suggests that some might not even charge the fee, But if the person has paid, then the organisation MUST produce/provide this information)

Basicly - they trying to FOB it off - but will wait (as per 40 day letter) and update here

thanks Di
                          Exactly my thoughts as well.

Yes I think they are trying to pull a fast one here myself, you can as you know raise the issue of contacting the ICO to them if they fail to comply.
                          But like you said though, best to see what arrives by 40 days first and go from there.

Comment

Just a short update:
                            some stuff arrived today marked 'Private & Confidential' (shame that DHL can't read, as they left a calling card: Left next door with your neighbour)

seems to be her bank loan statements and stuff, will have a look this weekend - what was in the packet

Update then.

Comment

Hi Di

Update:

The SAR Details arrived for my friend 30 pages - Can't make head or tail of it - Seems to have ALL her Barclaycard accounts, Credit cards, Loan on it.

nearly 90% says 'NO DATA HELD'

we've found the credit card in Question, but doesn't say anything else. Only when it was taken out and closed date. nothing else is mentioned about it.

Q: Is there something missing or am i missing something here?

No rush for any help on this, I Hope you enjoy your Jubilee and Bank Holiday weekend Di x

Comment

Hi Di

Update:

The SAR Details arrived for my friend 30 pages - Can't make head or tail of it - Seems to have ALL her Barclaycard accounts, Credit cards, Loan on it.

nearly 90% says 'NO DATA HELD'

we've found the credit card in Question, but doesn't say anything else. Only when it was taken out and closed date. nothing else is mentioned about it.

Q: Is there something missing or am i missing something here?

No rush for any help on this, I Hope you enjoy your Jubilee and Bank Holiday weekend Di x

Hiya

I would be inclined to get in touch to ask them about other information of the credit card, as they provided the start and closed date, then in my opinion they should hold more information on that account (of in between the dates).

You too have a lovely Jubilee and bank holiday weekend. x

Comment

Working...
                                X