GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Friend ppi claim - 5corpio - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friend ppi claim - 5corpio

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Friend ppi claim - 5corpio

Your very welcome 5corpio

There's no harm in still putting in a reclaim as well when your ready, because you still have the data from the SAR to fall back on if required later on x

Comment

Also just to remind you - when you complete the reclaim questionnaire, remember to keep a copy, this is just in case you need to refer back to this again or complain to the FOS, hopefully it will not come to that though. x

Comment

Hi Di

hope you are well?

Barclaycard wrote back to my friend:

they quote with 'We refer to your request for informaton under section 78 of the consumer act 1974 (the "act")
        As no sum is, or will or may become to payable under your credit agreement, section 78 (3)(a) of the Act provides that we are not obliged to provide you with the documents and information you seek. We can confirm that the cheque enclosed with your request has not been banksed and has been destroyed

yours faithfully

mrs a hodgson

A bit shite she is, considering that the letter is addressed to a Miss x x and barclays has finished it off with faithfully and not signed it lol

Barclays has sent a photocopy of letter, that was sent to them and hand written above the Dear Sirs **Purged** also sent photocopy of the previous letter and statement.

what the hell they playing at?

Any advice where to go with this one Di?
        Thanks in advance
        have a good weekend
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
          Hi Di

hope you are well?

Barclaycard wrote back to my friend:

they quote with 'We refer to your request for informaton under section 78 of the consumer act 1974 (the "act")
          As no sum is, or will or may become to payable under your credit agreement, section 78 (3)(a) of the Act provides that we are not obliged to provide you with the documents and information you seek. We can confirm that the cheque enclosed with your request has not been banksed and has been destroyed

yours faithfully

mrs a hodgson

A bit shite she is, considering that the letter is addressed to a Miss x x and barclays has finished it off with faithfully and not signed it lol

Barclays has sent a photocopy of letter, that was sent to them and hand written above the Dear Sirs **Purged** also sent photocopy of the previous letter and statement.

what the hell they playing at?

Any advice where to go with this one Di?
          Thanks in advance
          have a good weekend

Hiya

They are topsy turvy by the looks of it 5corpio.

Try not to worry, as the account is closed, this seems to be the usual letter if the account is no longer active, but maybe a FULL SAR request would help, as details of the insurance will be enclosed.

Sometime back I requested for a copy of my agreement on a settled/paid off account, and received the same letter, yet when I requested a SAR it was amongst the documents.
          So annoying I know.

Yet on another the data dept did not hold the agreement on one of my closed accounts, yet my local branch did. Maybe your friend could try calling into the local branch and ask in there of the details, and the agreement.

However, this does not stop the reclaim.
          They will hold details of the PPI, so I would therefore continue with the reclaim and a full SAR would be another option if required to help with the case, but please be aware many have still been successful in making reclaims with the minimum paperwork, and they will send a detailed breakdown on resolving the case, or you ask that they send this.

Do let me know if you require further help, and hope your friend manages to get some info. You too have a good weekend x

Comment

cheers Di for the info back - i'll pass onto my friend, see where they want to go with it. Account is Old, and perhaps the branch may????? have it on there records????

I'll let you know
            thanks
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

cheers Di for the info back - i'll pass onto my friend, see where they want to go with it. Account is Old, and perhaps the branch may????? have it on there records????

I'll let you know
              thanks

Your welcome honey, and worth asking the branch directly, good luck x

Comment

Hi Di

follow up on ppi claim for my friends credit card (account thats been closed for sometime) with no success of an CCA on there records - and we'll have to send off a SAR Request. Beingthe fee of £10.00

Q: Is this is the SAR template letter for it?
                linky: Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Subject Access (SAR) - Typical Request

Q: Whom do we make the cheque payable to? is it Barclaycard and Postal address? (is that the communication on our letter from Barclaycard

Q: Does it make a difference since last correspondance was Last year to Barclays?

Q: Then we'll fill out the questionaire (assuming that there is or was a PPI charge) and send off with template letter

Thanks in advance Di.........have a good weekend

Comment

Hi Di

follow up on ppi claim for my friends credit card (account thats been closed for sometime) with no success of an CCA on there records - and we'll have to send off a SAR Request. Beingthe fee of £10.00

Q: Is this is the SAR template letter for it?
                  linky: Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Subject Access (SAR) - Typical Request

Q: Whom do we make the cheque payable to? is it Barclaycard and Postal address? (is that the communication on our letter from Barclaycard

Q: Does it make a difference since last correspondance was Last year to Barclays?

Q: Then we'll fill out the questionaire (assuming that there is or was a PPI charge) and send off with template letter

Thanks in advance Di.........have a good weekend

Hiya

I have used the typical SAR request, that should be fine.

With Barclays they have a number of depts, I did once have a list of different sections, complaints, data dept etc, I will post this up if I find it, but otherwise the Head office will be fine and they should send to the relevent dept for you.

(As you know, best to post by recorded/signed for delivery).

I assume Barclays Bank PLC is who you would make the cheque payable to.

This should make no difference at all.

Yes, as long as you know there was PPI, you can continue to make a reclaim on this.

Hope this helps, but let me know if you need further help.

Weather not nice today, but think it's the same throughout GB going by the forecast. LOL, hope your having a good weekend.

Cheers.

Comment

As promised in my above post, did come across this address here.....

Barclays Bank PLC
                    Privacy & Data Protection
                    Radbroke Hall
                    Knutsford
                    Cheshire
                    WA16 9EU

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                      Hiya

With Barclays they have a number of depts, I did once have a list of different sections, complaints, data dept etc, I will post this up if I find it, but otherwise the Head office will be fine and they should send to the relevent dept for you.
                      thanks, we'll just repsond to the recent letter that they sent from

(As you know, best to post by recorded/signed for delivery).
                      as always

I assume Barclays Bank PLC is who you would make the cheque payable to.
                      thanks, i'll check on statement (its the only peace we have as evidence that an account DID exist)

This should make no difference at all.

Yes, as long as you know there was PPI, you can continue to make a reclaim on this.
                      unsure, as it was a while ago
                      (this shouldn't make any difference requesting a SAR?)

Hope this helps, but let me know if you need further help.
                      thanks

Weather not nice today, but think it's the same throughout GB going by the forecast. LOL, hope your having a good weekend.

Cheers.
                      I've answered in Red

Yes its been wet, wild and windy ere too.........just off to make tea, and watch Johnny English on dvd 1/2 price from Tesco......

thanks again
                      5corpio
                      have a good one either way Di

Comment

I've answered in Red

Yes its been wet, wild and windy ere too.........just off to make tea, and watch Johnny English on dvd 1/2 price from Tesco......

thanks again
                        5corpio
                        have a good one either way Di

Hiya

Hopefully the paperwork will be helpful then, and should enclose all details of any PPI.

In case you missed it, I have posted the data dept address above too.

Damn weather, not nice is it? Enjoy your tea and dvd, sounds cool.

Your very welcome x

Comment

thanks Di

I'll send/give an update

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                            As promised in my above post, did come across this address here.....

Barclays Bank PLC
                            Privacy & Data Protection
                            Radbroke Hall
                            Knutsford
                            Cheshire
                            WA16 9EU
                            thanks Di

i found your posting OTR 2009 dated

Also found this from Barclaycard PPI on there website about claiming..........
                            The best way to make a claim is to do it yourself. If you think you have been mis-sold Payment Protection Insurance on a mortgage, loan, overdraft, credit card or store card by any bank or credit card company, our advice is to make the claim yourself.
                            might be useful for other on here too.......Linky: PAYMENT PROTECTION INSURANCE (PPI) AKA barclaycard

Comment

Update: A Dozzy Fe**in useless B-Card (who do they employ? Muppets or what)

Barclaycard was quick on the mark to reply:

But they went and sent her, her Bank Account statements rather than the SAR request on the credit card.........where do we stand on this Di? at sending back

Fill out the Question and submit too FOS with a Copy to Barclay card?

Comment

Update: A Dozzy Fe**in useless B-Card (who do they employ? Muppets or what)

Barclaycard was quick on the mark to reply:

But they went and sent her, her Bank Account statements rather than the SAR request on the credit card.........where do we stand on this Di? at sending back

Fill out the Question and submit too FOS with a Copy to Barclay card?
                                Hi

So they have not complied to the SAR then? naughty of them!!
                                And I expect they taken the £10 fee for that as well did they? If they could not provide everything requested for as on the SAR, they should have sent a letter to explain in details of why they could not comply to this in full.

I would maybe write back and tell them as they have failed to comply to the Data Protection ACT (DPA) you are in your right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
                                So give them a further 14 days, and make them aware that if they fail to comply or at least explain on why they could not provide all data requested under the SAR, you will be contacting the above organisation to make a complaint of failure.

I would if you've not done so yet, send a reclaim questionnaire to the business first and they should be able to investigate on the complaint via PPI.
                                If they don't resolve by 8 weeks on the ppi reclaiming, your in your right to make that complaint to the FOS and send them all copies of relevant information, including a copy of the final decision.

When you send in the reclaim questionnaire, they should acknowledge this by sending you a letter within a week or 2.

Keep at them . x
                                Last edited by di30; 24 May 2012, 10:05.

Comment

Working...
                                X