GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Friend ppi claim - 5corpio - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friend ppi claim - 5corpio

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Friend ppi claim - 5corpio

thanks Di

will be sending this off to them:
    I am writing with response to your letter dated 17/05/12, subject my SAR report. The letter sent to you on 04/05/12 which was clearly stated (find attached) with the enclosed payment of £10. You have sent bank account statements for an irrelevant account that was asked for, as well as in question your letter dated 25/05/12 subject: Loan Account. Requested information was for my SAR for ABOVE Account ‘again for your reference’.

I can clearly see on the SAR file that with reference to the above account in question there is a Open date of 18/08/2006 End date of 23/11/07 for this account. (File attached) Under the Terms of my SAR, and your recent letter Quote: If this information does not fully reflect the scope of your expectations, please indicate what additional information is required by reference to specific branch sorting codes and account numbers' - i request further information of this account ie; my original CCA including its statements for that period, which i expect to hold in my hands.

I look forward to a full response to this letter within 14 days.

Makes sense doesn't it?

You too, have a good Bank Holiday week........
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
      thanks Di

will be sending this off to them:

Makes sense doesn't it?

You too, have a good Bank Holiday week........

Hiya

Yes that is good and makes sense.

Seems odd they do not sent the in-between details, yet they can manage sending details of the start and closing date.

Good luck, hope your having a good holiday weekend, quiet here at the moment, weather not helping unfortunately lol.

Comment

thanks Di

Yeah it ain't good here either, have had to put the mountain climbing off due to the weather being so poor........suppose can get some holiday clothes shopping done, tidying up (spring cleaning and such) lol

Enjoy
        5corps!
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Update: 2 Individual letters recorded delivery from Barclaycard Data Protection Department

Bungling Idiots Barclaycard are - They sent a tick box, saying that they have nothing with reference to closed account or current account that was open on the CC. - EVEN THOUGH THEY SENT PARTIAL SAR REPORT!

They included my friends letter with accompanied tick box - BUT ALSO SENT IT WITHOUT HEADED PAPER WITH SOMEONE ELSES LETTER FOR CLAIMING PPI......

Basically we will be winging a ICO complaint, with also a letter of there bungling incompetence also will be sending the completed form off.........TIME UP FOR BARCLAYCARD

Comment

Update: 2 Individual letters recorded delivery from Barclaycard Data Protection Department

Bungling Idiots Barclaycard are - They sent a tick box, saying that they have nothing with reference to closed account or current account that was open on the CC. - EVEN THOUGH THEY SENT PARTIAL SAR REPORT!

They included my friends letter with accompanied tick box - BUT ALSO SENT IT WITHOUT HEADED PAPER WITH SOMEONE ELSES LETTER FOR CLAIMING PPI......

Basically we will be winging a ICO complaint, with also a letter of there bungling incompetence also will be sending the completed form off.........TIME UP FOR BARCLAYCARD

Muppets!!

Yes ICO, good idea, very naughty of them to enclose someone else's letter

Comment

Process so far: Closed Credit Card Account (switched without consent) ppi Claim

Info sent to Barclaycard:

15-08-11 - CCA Request
              04-09-11 - CCA Request
              05-05-12 - SAR Request
              06-06-12 - Data Protection Letter - follow up of SAR Request (sent incorrect info)
              30-07-12 - FOS PPI Claim Questionaire sent to Barclaycard

Recieved from Barclaycard:

02-09-11 - Barclaycard (Unable to locate CCA)
              14-05-12 - Barclaycard (Apology for delay, SAR Request being sent)
              17-05-12 - Barclaycard (Sent Bank Account Statements (NOT SAR for Credit Card request)
              25-05-12 - Barclaycard (Partial SAR Report - Has the account details in question)
              13-07-12 - Barclaycard (Unable to locate account for SAR Report based on information provided)

Comment

short update/Progress:

friend received letter from Barclay card, saying in process and may take more time will be in touch by 27th September. If you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact us on 'blah blah' (Just really an acknowledgement letter more than anything)
                Last edited by 5corpio; 5 September 2012, 18:07. Reason: Date entry when they'll respsond

Comment

Hiya Di

A Letter arrived this week from Barclaycard with reference to the FOS Complaint form that we sent off. This is what they've said/come up with trumps to say.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pg1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	1391124

Name:	Pg2.jpg
Size:	190.7 KB
ID:	1391126

Code:
                  ie 'flogging a dead horse/bullshit Barclaycard is saying 'Fobbing'
                  As my friend says, at the time that she was un-aware of the PPi, till one day that she had noticed a PPi charges on her statement.

Comment

Hiya Di

A Letter arrived this week from Barclaycard with reference to the FOS Complaint form that we sent off. This is what they've said/come up with trumps to say.

[ATTACH]6064[/ATTACH]
                    [ATTACH]6065[/ATTACH]

Code:
                    ie 'flogging a dead horse/bullshit Barclaycard is saying 'Fobbing'
                    As my friend says, at the time that she was un-aware of the PPi, till one day that she had noticed a PPi charges on her statement.

Oh drat!!!!

She had good reasons, and it seems they have not seriously taken them into account or any consideration!
                    And Barclays should have been one of those to refund customers with reasons such as this, but they have totally gone the opposite in your friends case.

I note they said now about the FOS, so this is the next avenue from here, and I'm sure they will see this in your friend's favour.

But a suggestion, which has worked for some, is by asking the local MP to write to the CEO of the business, and state that they have failed to be fair in dealing with this actual complaint, and you do not feel they have at all taken into account of the reasons given for the ppi reclaim request.

Even with a final decision, they sometimes overturn a decision, and they will not or should not ignore the MP.

The MP will need to know the full details, and copies of the rejection letter(s) can be forwarded to the MP, so he or she will know how to deal with the matter.

Maybe worth one more shot.

Comment

thanks Di

i don't even know whom our MP is, as i never vote let alone what district......will have a proper read on Sunday of your message. and let her know

Comment

Not a problem.

I'm sure I did put a thread up to all links of local mp's on here before, will try to find it, but otherwise, good in local MP and the links will come up.

Comment

Hi Di

Hope things are well. Got a query question, i know that's past the 6 month claim through the FOS to file a complaint. Buts its approx 2/3 weeks after the deadline from last communication with Barclaycard.

My friend filed off the FOS Complaint in March 2013 (Being last communication from Barclaycard September 2012 Telling my friend to take a swing and a jump as they were in the right)

Speed things up to present:
                          March 2012:
                          I sent the FOS Complaint, ALL Documents, Barclaycard hic-cup for sending wrong details, not full SAR Reports etc etc, and cashing the cheque and not sending what was required

Towards end of March 2013:
                          FOS Sent a letter at end of March 2013 saying that they'll look into the complaint and may take some time as they got huge pile

This week from FOS: they send this letter:

Name:	22 March 2013.jpg
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	1393664

As my friend was injured around Dec time last year for a couple months off work, and "that its something that's been put on the back burner ie; left aside due to injury"......Do you/Would it be worth using that line approach to the FOS? regarding there letter.

Thank you for any heads up and reading. xx

Comment

Hi Di

Hope things are well. Got a query question, i know that's past the 6 month claim through the FOS to file a complaint. Buts its approx 2/3 weeks after the deadline from last communication with Barclaycard.

My friend filed off the FOS Complaint in March 2013 (Being last communication from Barclaycard September 2012 Telling my friend to take a swing and a jump as they were in the right)

Speed things up to present:
                            March 2012:
                            I sent the FOS Complaint, ALL Documents, Barclaycard hic-cup for sending wrong details, not full SAR Reports etc etc, and cashing the cheque and not sending what was required

Towards end of March 2013:
                            FOS Sent a letter at end of March 2013 saying that they'll look into the complaint and may take some time as they got huge pile

This week from FOS: they send this letter:
                            [ATTACH]8174[/ATTACH]

As my friend was injured around Dec time last year for a couple months off work, and "that its something that's been put on the back burner ie; left aside due to injury"......Do you/Would it be worth using that line approach to the FOS? regarding there letter.

Thank you for any heads up and reading. xx
                            Hiya

Not too bad thank you, hope all is well with you too.

I think it's definately worth a mention, as it may help push things quicker as well. No harm in doing so, as they do usually consider taking matters like this into account. xx

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                              Hiya

Not too bad thank you, hope all is well with you too.

I think it's definately worth a mention, as it may help push things quicker as well. No harm in doing so, as they do usually consider taking matters like this into account. xx
                              Thanks Di

this doesn't sound abrupt or angry does it?

Thank you for your letter dated xx xx 2013, with reference to the above investigation. With it outside the date of 6 months that the timescale is allowed to file complaint to the FOS (just over 2 weeks past the time scale)

For unforeseen circumstances, that I never managed to send my FOS complaint within the time scale allowed. That whilst at work, I had an accident falling and injuring myself (in November/December 2012).Followed by my partner falling from a mountain in January of this year (2013) and being taken by Mountain rescue and Ambulance to A&E.

Consider that during the time Barclays Bank Plc (Barclaycard), dithered around pro longing things where by sending incorrect details to me, firstly to say that the account doesn’t exist followed by then sending wrong details, followed by sending correct details. This would have been done a lot sooner.

This wasn’t something that would be on my mind, during these traumatic situations. Where possibly hope this might reflect the case for investigations

Comment

Thanks Di

this doesn't sound abrupt or angry does it?

That is good and no I don't think it's abrupt or angry looking .

Fingers crossed on this, they should take it into consideration x

Comment

Working...
                                X