GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Reclaiming on accounts closed in 2003 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reclaiming on accounts closed in 2003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reclaiming on accounts closed in 2003

Hi everyone, is it possible to reclaim charges from credit cards closed in 2003? If so would it be best to start with a SAR and in the SAR ask for details for the length of the account?
    Thank you
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Reclaiming on accounts closed in 2003

Yep.
    Claim away - you just need the account number & your reasond for the re-claim.
    Id start straight away with a vague mis-sell reclaim letter and at the same time SAR them.

Matty

Comment

Thanks for the reply, it looks like I'll be up in the loft finding all the cards that were paid off when our financial meltdown began.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hiya

Yes I agree with Matty, go for it.

One of my cards was 2001, and was successful.

Let us know if you need any help from here.

Comment

Thanks again. I had ignored all the reclaiming as so many of my accounts were closed so long ago. Ots said you couldn't claim and fight unenforceable

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
            Thanks again. I had ignored all the reclaiming as so many of my accounts were closed so long ago. Ots said you couldn't claim and fight unenforceable

I am not sure about how the unenforceable works myself, but it does ring the bell on closed accounts.

Comment

Had my SAR back from MBNA. £220 in charges on one account and £60 on the other which is open ie, no credit facility but minimum being repaid every month. Strange as that account was open in 2000!
              Looks like will have to read up on reclaiming and send a second letter asking where all my earlier stuff is. (It was an A&L that has mutated into MBNA)

Comment

Tried to claim PPI on a
                House of Frazer card which was closed in 2003.
                "due to the length of time that has elapsed since your client has used the account, all data relating to this has been removed from our records......unable to investigate further.
                Final response, end of internal complaint handling procedures ...... You may now refer your complaint to the Finance & Leasing Assocn."

Do I just drop or fight on?

Thanks

Comment

Tried to claim PPI on a
                  House of Frazer card which was closed in 2003.
                  "due to the length of time that has elapsed since your client has used the account, all data relating to this has been removed from our records......unable to investigate further.
                  Final response, end of internal complaint handling procedures ...... You may now refer your complaint to the Finance & Leasing Assocn."

Do I just drop or fight on?

Thanks
                  Strangely enough Cym, I was told the same by Santander, in regards of GE money/National Bank as they are dealing with these complaints, that due to length of time lapsed they were unable to track down any data to investigate.

Yet it was confirmed not long after, (just days) by letter by Santander data dept that they will be dealing with the SAR request.
                  They had accepted the payment of £10 and it has been debited, soooooooo that is telling me they still hold details of the account.

Have you tried requesting for a SAR?

Comment

No, but I will. Did you get anywhere with your SAR?

Comment

No, but I will. Did you get anywhere with your SAR?
                      The SAR is still currently being dealt with, they have debited the money anyway "despite previously being told by the complaints side of the team they were unable to track down the account, due to the length of time".

Will keep you posted......

Comment

Tonight's joc, a SAR

Comment

Just had a letter back from Santander, due to the age of the account being closed they have no information on record. Seem to have forgotten to return my cheque, just my letter!

Comment

You could ask them to have another look, and ask for your tenner back if they find nowt.

Comment

They have banked the cheque!!!!! A new letter pointing out that they have taken my money, a copy statement and that I have 6 years from when I find the problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X