GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Any suggestions please? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any suggestions please?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any suggestions please?

Niddy kindly looked at my cahoot flexiloan last year and explained it is enforceable. It is now in default and solcs are demanding payment of the full amount to westcott ( santander agent ) or they may take court action within 7 days. (now gone past)
    I phoned Santander Collections prior to the default ready to discuss if a payment plan was possible and was told by the operative that he could see some form of error on the account and stated that it would be looked at and that there would be no action or further interest whilst this was being investigated, it still is after nearly 8 weeks.
    I also have a letter going back feb 2011 was from Sandander admitting a further error in not contacting me, the last contact/ payment prior to this was from cahoot in june 2008
    and during this period a large amount of interest was applied to the account.

I understand it is enforceable but want to know if you think I can get the interest reduced before I make an offer of settlement or do I even have time to do this before I receive court papers? Or should I do this?

Would it be best to post the sequence of events/ info I have, on a diary or would I just be wasting everyones time as there is no option and therefore try to do a deal on my own. I am not paying anything atm so presume this would look really bad if I dont start paying immediately.
    If I am being stupid cols someone please advise me what to do.
    Thanks for any input.
    Sick with worry

Re: Any suggestions please?

Would it be best to post the sequence of events/ info
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi All
      Here is my diary on my Cahoot Flexiloan

September 2004 loan 10k @ 5.8% variable paid up to
      June 2008 hit personal problems, last payment and showing 10k os
      Head in sand

Heard nothing till
      Jan 2011 Cahoot loan appeared on my Alliance and leicester current account statement ( now a Santander Statement) showing at £15k
      Ignored

18/02 letter from Santander "we are writing to tell you about an internal admin error.......we may not have written to you with regards to arrears on your account" arrears £371 loan £15k
      Ignored

17/03 From Santander "notice of missed payment"
      Ignored

04/04 From Santander "second notice of missed payment"
      Ignored

06/07 Default notice served areears £1911 to balance £16k

16/07 Sent cca to Santander

27/07 received cca from Cahoot
      Niddy says enforceable

02/08 Letter from Debt Management & Recovery Services
      "we have been instructed by Santander to recover arrears of £2.3k"
      Ignored

09/08 SAR sent

08/09 received 2004-feb 2010 account sheets printed on un headed paper and 5 screen shots form Santader pc showing 2010-2011 account info
      Ignored

08/10 intention to issue default letter from Santander call us to discuss payment options

14/10 called collections to discuss payment options was told that account should have defaulted earlier, outstanding amount needed to be re-calculated, would talk to line manager, no interest or action would be added/taken till sorted. Told to ring back in a few weeks

12/11 letter confirming termination of account arrears 3.9k

05/12 letter received "westcot will be our agent and act on our behalf"

13/12 Sent Account in dispute due to phone conversation of 14/10 and that unfair interest had been applied to account

20/12 Letter from Santander "investigating complaint"

28/12 Letter from Nelson Guest, "instructed by Westcot.. offer a discount... call or offer rejected for full amount"
      Ignored

18/01/12 Letter from Santander " still looking into.... need 4 more weeks"

18/01/12 Letter from Nelson Guest "7 days or legal action may be taken"

No sleep since
      terrified and clueless what to do next
      Thanks for listening

Comment

I Would write to Nelson Guest & tell them the account is still in dispute and send a copy of the letters you have saying this.............
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for that, will do
          I was not sure if there was any value in holding that one back to produce later if NG issued anything.
          Regards
          Bos

Comment

Hi All

Latest update received today

From Wescot on behalf of Santander

Door Step Collection Visit " telephone us to agree a suitable method of repayment of the outstanding balance IMMEDIATELY"

I have not responded yet to NG to tell them that Santander are "investigating my complaint" re my dispute letter.

Any thoughts on my next move would be really appreciated

Bos

Comment

Originally posted by bosdog View Post
              Hi All

Door Step Collection Visit " telephone us to agree a suitable method of repayment of the outstanding balance IMMEDIATELY"

I have not responded yet to NG to tell them that Santander are "investigating my complaint" re my dispute letter.

Any thoughts on my next move would be really appreciated

Bos
              Excellent, if that is what Wescot want to do then fine - send this to Wescot ---> Our Templates | Harassment & Intimidation Templates | Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit

I wouldn't worry about NG right now...
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

On it right NOW!!

Massive thanks Niddy, its my Wife's birthday this weekend and so being able to calm down, even if its only for a few days is a real big bonus at the moment.

Sincere thanks to all

Comment

On it right NOW!!

Massive thanks Niddy, its my Wife's birthday this weekend and so being able to calm down, even if its only for a few days is a real big bonus at the moment.

Sincere thanks to all

Good man, have a good weekend and forget this - it'll not go anywhere over the weekend so have a good time
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Door Step Collection Visit
                    You could try telling them that your doorstep is quite common and therefore not worth collecting.

Comment

Here is my diary on my Cahoot Flexiloan

September 2004 loan 10k @ 5.8% variable paid up to
                      June 2008 hit personal problems, last payment and showing 10k os
                      Head in sand

Heard nothing till
                      Jan 2011 Cahoot loan appeared on my Alliance and leicester current account statement ( now a Santander Statement) showing at £15k
                      How did a loan from Cahoot become a current account with Alliance and Leicester or the Spanish Salamander Bank?

Were one at all cynical, one might wonder if the bank was seeking to hide behind the protection formerly offered by section 74 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (link) whereby overdrafts were once largely excluded and now - link - they're not.

Comment

Didn't you start another thread on here about this recently (*Newbie Needs Advice* 13th Sept) I guided you to Oscar's thread (*Cahoot Flexiloan* 8th Nov) where he got a £3k refund from Santander due to a recent FOS ruling on the firm's rate-jacking policy. Loads of others did too. I admitted at the time (23rd Jan) that I was useless at links so the amazing Flower Power posted it up for you - although her charges for Room Service were rather high as I recall

I hope this rate-jacking and overcharging issue can still help you win this battle

But if not then I apologise for coming up with a red herring
                        Last edited by PlanB; 4 February 2012, 19:49. Reason: added dates to help trace both previous threads

Comment

This is the link thread for bosdogs other thread, to help those advising.

-------- > Newbie needs advice please Cahoot Flexiloan - allaboutFORUMS
                          "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by If... View Post
                            This is the link thread for bosdogs other thread, to help those advising.

-------- > Newbie needs advice please Cahoot Flexiloan - allaboutFORUMS
                            Bosdog there are new replies to this on your other thread.

Comment

Hi Plan B
                              thank you for your links, I have been so worried about the imminent threat from NG that I have not really researched my options here. Hopefully I have now bought a bit of time and this may be my next move, its great to have all you guys helping me.
                              thanks again
                              bos

Comment

Working...
                              X