GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script advice on credit card debts - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

advice on credit card debts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied
    Re: advice on credit card debts

Your other thread is here: ---> Welcome to davidm - allaboutFORUMS

Leave a comment:

• oscar
    replied
    Re: advice on credit card debts

Completely up to you how you want to deal with your situation David.

But as Flower says, your credit file is already trashed. Do you really want to be paying 2/3/400 quid for the next 5/6/7 years?? Might not be this bad, am just putting forward a scenario as we dont know exactly how much debt you have.

IF you go down the UE (unenforceability) route, there is little point in complaining about PPI or charges just to get the balance reduced.

As above, if many of our agreements are pre 2007 there is a significant chance they will be UE.

Have a look around, especially the diaries, but rest assured, no matter which route you wish to take, the site will be fully supportive.

Leave a comment:

• davidm
    started a topic advice on credit card debts

advice on credit card debts

hi all im new to this site been taking advice from cag ,but was directed here by one of there members.

my problem is that i have approx £14k[edited] in credit card debts which until january last year i was paying comfortably ,but as i run my own business my income has gone down and i have been struggling for the last 11 months ,written to all my creditors requesting lower payments and interest freeze,have had joy from 2 of them [lloyds and nat west ] mbna-capone-barclays have really just replied with another question or more info to submitt, have sent I & E forms,mbna even asked what my wifes debt was .
    cap-one, sent cca got back a reconstuted form which i was told is unenforceable ,sent dispute letter etc, account in dispute .
    mbna got 3 cards here sent 6 letters so far and still no payment plan all accounts in default.

so i was thinking to see a debt management advisor and see if i can get them all lumped together and pay one monthly payment .
    any advice would be helpfull ---thanks dave

just reading around the forum could i go the financial hardship route ???
    Last edited by davidm; 17 January 2012, 19:46.
Working...
X