GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script advice on credit card debts - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

advice on credit card debts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice on credit card debts

hi all im new to this site been taking advice from cag ,but was directed here by one of there members.

my problem is that i have approx £14k[edited] in credit card debts which until january last year i was paying comfortably ,but as i run my own business my income has gone down and i have been struggling for the last 11 months ,written to all my creditors requesting lower payments and interest freeze,have had joy from 2 of them [lloyds and nat west ] mbna-capone-barclays have really just replied with another question or more info to submitt, have sent I & E forms,mbna even asked what my wifes debt was .
    cap-one, sent cca got back a reconstuted form which i was told is unenforceable ,sent dispute letter etc, account in dispute .
    mbna got 3 cards here sent 6 letters so far and still no payment plan all accounts in default.

so i was thinking to see a debt management advisor and see if i can get them all lumped together and pay one monthly payment .
    any advice would be helpfull ---thanks dave

just reading around the forum could i go the financial hardship route ???
    Last edited by davidm; 17 January 2012, 19:46.

Re: advice on credit card debts

Completely up to you how you want to deal with your situation David.

But as Flower says, your credit file is already trashed. Do you really want to be paying 2/3/400 quid for the next 5/6/7 years?? Might not be this bad, am just putting forward a scenario as we dont know exactly how much debt you have.

IF you go down the UE (unenforceability) route, there is little point in complaining about PPI or charges just to get the balance reduced.

As above, if many of our agreements are pre 2007 there is a significant chance they will be UE.

Have a look around, especially the diaries, but rest assured, no matter which route you wish to take, the site will be fully supportive.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Your other thread is here: ---> Welcome to davidm - allaboutFORUMS
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

hi and welcome xxxxxxxxxxx
        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi David,

Just letting you know I'm subscribed to your thread..... Once you've decided which way you want to go with this (UE or otherwise), please let us know and we'll help guide you through it.

:-)
          Remember the mantra:
          NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
          Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
          Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

Hi davidm,

Welcome to the site. The guys have given good counsel above. One small point in your first post here, please do not give banks and financial institutions any information like I & E at all. Only a court can order such infromation to be divulged and I would only do so via a court.

I would also suggest that you do not speak by telephone with any of your creditors or their agents. Keep everything in writing from now on. I know it is considered acceptable but I don't even communicate by e-mail with these people. Start and keep a telephone log of any incoming calls and keep all correspondence which arrives complete with the envelope duly marked up with the date it actually dropped through your letter box.

regards
            Garlok
            Last edited by garlok; 17 January 2012, 10:02.

Comment

And to add to the posts above do not have any morals about going the UE route, just remember it was the banks that put us in the position we are all in through greediness which continues today.

Comment

this is what i got back from cap one on a CCA request the date was 17-11 97 sorry to be a noob but whats UE??
                Attached Files

Comment

unnforceability and that looks very much like an application form to me, anything else with it?

Comment

Hi David.....have a look here Unenforceability Diaries - Read me First! could be an idea to start a diary just to see what you've sent and recieved

Comment

these are the amounts i have the two barclay cards i am managing to pay the egg/barclay card i have asked for a reduced payment -no reply yet
                      i keep all my letters and copies of those sent and i never answer the phone

Creditor balance

Barclay card 2450.00 paying
                      Lloyds 4800.00 paying
                      egg now barclaycard 2200.00

mbna 250.00

mbna 760.00

Virgin 350 .00
                      Natwest 1280.00 paying £10pm

Capitol one 1200.00
                      Barclay card gold 1150.00 paying
                      Total £13160 a bit more than i thought

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
                        unnforceability and that looks very much like an application form to me, anything else with it?
                        yes got t&cs but no sig on them will post up the rest

Comment

Hiya

Please read this and provide the info requested for each account then we'll be able to help better. ---> allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - Unenforceability Diaries - Read me First!

You asked about unenforceability, have a read here to see what it means: ---> allaboutDEBT | Site Resources | Unenforceability Explained - A Simple Guide

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

rest of the papers from cap one sorry not in order
                            Attached Files

Comment

Totally unenforceable

Comment

Working...
                              X