GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Leaving DMP, taking them on. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leaving DMP, taking them on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving DMP, taking them on.

I am a newbie posting for the first time.
    My OH has been paying 6 unsecured debts via pay plan for the last 7 years.
    We've reduced the debt from £26k down to £7k.
    However we offered a f&f of 40% to all creditors.
    To our surprise the settlement figures had added charges which upped the total debt to £12k.
    This has seriously peed me off.
    Pray Gran were no help at all so we have decided to sort it out ourselves.
    We have sent CCa requests to all, over 3 weeks ago.
    Moron croft have replied with a strange letter, suggesting that they don't have the info but would like to help us!!
    I'm waiting for my OH to return home to continue typing because mine is pitiful!
    This is just to get the ball rolling!
    Was going to post on another site but they've been taken over by judgemental trolls and ex bankers.
    Thanks in advance.
    Odetter
    Last edited by odetter; 27 November 2013, 15:49.

Re: Leaving DMP, taking them on.

I've moved your thread to here odetter for more views and replies
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

The other site being MSE I presume...
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ah you rumbled me!!

Comment

I think having a discussion thread about Coronation St was the last straw.

Comment

Originally posted by odetter View Post
            I am a newbie posting for the first time.
            My OH has been paying 6 unsecured debts via pay plan for the last 7 years.
            We've reduced the debt from £26k down to £7k.
            However we offered a f&f of 40% to all creditors.
            To our surprise the settlement figures had added charges which upped the total debt to £12k.
            This has seriously peed me off.
            Pray Gran were no help at all so we have decided to sort it out ourselves.
            We have sent CCa requests to all, over 3 weeks ago.
            Moron croft have replied with a strange letter, suggesting that they don't have the info but would like to help us!!
            I'm waiting for my OH to return home to continue typing because mine is pitiful!
            This is just to get the ball rolling!
            Was going to post on another site but they've been taken over by judgemental trolls and ex bankers.
            Thanks in advance.
            Odetter
            Hi,
            You have definitely come to the right forum now, I was with cccs paid for 3 years and the debts just got bigger, have had over £20000 of debt confirmed UE thanks to Niddy and others (have used prefferred solicitors when things got heated they sorted out a few) so best of luck and trust this forum.

Comment

Hi odetter. As you've sent cca requests are you thinking of going down the UE route? If you've been on a dmp for 7 years then there's no problem about the dates they were taken out.

To help us to help you it would be useful if you (or OH ) could give the following information for each debt , preferably in a separate post for each debt)

• Type of account (credit card/loan)

• Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)

• Approx balance

• Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)

• Are you on arrangement or not paying

• Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)

• Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Not sure my OH is up for the full UE, we really just want rid of them for a fair settlement.
                I detest the dcas and don't mind the hassle.
                I was just besides myself with rage when Idem managed to turn a 4k debt into an 8k one.
                We've been struggling for 7 years with Play Gran who've basically washed their hands of it.
                Enoughs enough.
                Shall I post privately initially as we are still tied up in the DMP?

Comment

Get your OH to read UE - One year on and some of the UE diaries and she might change her mind. It all felt a little scary to me when I started but I'm now more than 3 years in and so glad I went the UE route.

Why pay anymore to the dcas, especially when they've added so much on in charges? I would send the ccas to Niddy when you get them back. If any are enforceable then maybe think about F&Fs...and at a lot less than 40%. While you're still paying something they probably won't want to know but once you stop, then they'll listen! One member got a 20% F&F on a £10K enforceable debt.

There's no need to post privately so long as you don't post up any personal details and you can round the figures to the nearest £500 or £1000. There are so many people in debt that it's highly unlikely that any dca who might be lurking will be able to work out who you are.
                  Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

If you want to sort an offer to settle the best way is to stop your DMP. Follow the UE route to start with then when it's been dormant with no payments for a few months, you'll find the dca will be more prone to accepting your revised offer of just 10% using our system & templates.

Trust us, start the UE journey and cease the DMP ASAP and we'll sort this with you - your credit file should already be clean as these debts are defaulted 6+ years ago.
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank-you I think that's the way forward!

Comment

In response to a CCA request to Lloyds cc they've replied with a simple one page statement of account with payments!
                        Nothing else!
                        Should I reply to this?
                        Thanks.

Comment

I would send this back

http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...escribed-terms

send it recorded 2nd class, keep a copy and make sure you fill in the blanks and sign it digitally (no real signatures)

you're on the way

and stop that DMP and don't answer the phone

Comment

Originally posted by odetter View Post
                            In response to a CCA request to Lloyds cc they've replied with a simple one page statement of account with payments!
                            Nothing else!
                            Should I reply to this?
                            Thanks.
                            I'd be sending this if it were me---> CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms

Comment

Thank-you, should it be sent registered post?

Comment

Working...
                              X