GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Should i CCA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should i CCA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should i CCA

Stopped paying 1 year ago. 5 credit cards.

two have dissapeared from noddy credit file thingy.

one was mbna, but i think its been sold to aktiv.

should i CCA , and i do, is it to aktiv?.. (not mbna), and
    should i cca the other 4?

have 1 ccj, from sygma, who have made it court 'payable now'' kinda thing.
    they say they are going down the charging order. but there's no real capital in the house. (joint owned).

Re: Should i CCA

Not sure if they can add a charging order to joint owned properties, someone else will confirm.

As for the others, yes CCA them and see what comes back, better to have some protection behind you should anything happen.

You send the CCA Requests to whoever is writing to you, i.e Active not MBNA
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Many thanks, i shall do so.!

Comment

Cannot place charging order on jointly owned property. Only restriction which means nothing. Don't worry, just bullying tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
          Cannot place charging order on jointly owned property. Only restriction which means nothing. Don't worry, just bullying tactics.
          Spot on
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you Enforcer! that sets my mind at rest, you have no idea!

I have written to the other 4 people dealing with my credit card debts, asking for the CCA.

Will be sending £1 postal order, and all registered post, first thing tomorrow.

Comment

Let us know what comes back, if anything, and any agreements send to Niddy for inspection, good luck.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Update:
                26/06/2013 Sent CCA's x 4
                13/07/2013 no information recieved from any of the 4 firms i CCA'd.

however, 2 of the registered post trackers, still come back ''being processed through our system' while the other two come back with a name and a signature.

Have also two recieved an interim charging order, with a date in September to make it final. so has my wife.

same recieved from land registry quoting 'restriction'.

Should i do anything about these, ie: is there any point in registering an objection ?

The debt is for 3.5k, i have made 2 F&F offers of 25%, which was coming from a family member, i might be able to convince them to up it, but at what percentage would they need in order to accept?
                the last decline, they just added ''we look forward to your increased offer''

Also, once the charging order goes live, am i right in assuming they can then charge me 8% interest per annum ? - and can i challenge this?

and, would this debt, with this restriction, still be SB after 6 years, ? i'm presuming the restriction would stay in place. and the debt would just increase and increase. which is a bit of a worry.

Comment

The only way that they could get a charging order on jointly owned property is if the debt was in joint names. With the restriction order, they cannot do anything. You can even sell the property without telling them, although they will be made aware once the sale has gone through. They cannot stop you.

If I were in your position now, I would sit tight and do nothing. There is now no obligation on you to pay them anything! What can they do now?

They will get totally peed off eventually, they may even forget about you if you have no intention of moving. Or offer them say 10%, in a few years time, take it or leave it. You now control the game.

Comment

I think i'm right in saying that with a Restriction, if the house is sold the creditor should be paid out of the debtor's share of the equity.

I think I'm also right in saying that they cannot add Statutory interest (8%) to a CCJ if the debt is for an agreement regulated by CCA74.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDrowningButWaving View Post
                      I think i'm right in saying that with a Restriction, if the house is sold the creditor should be paid out of the debtor's share of the equity.

I think I'm also right in saying that they cannot add Statutory interest (8%) to a CCJ if the debt is for an agreement regulated by CCA74.
                      Yes a creditor should be paid if their is equity, but the solicitor if he knows what to do can inform the creditor after the sale has gone through. no pay creditor

Comment

Quite True. That's why I said that you are now in control!

Comment

would this debt, with this restriction, still be SB after 6 years, ?
                          Does anyone have any information about this query ?

Comment

My understanding is that a restriction remains. As there is a charge then it cannot be SB as its already been sorted, ie by the charge.

The logic would be to ensure your partner owns a higher percentage than you so at sale, your profit will be £1 and theirs will be irrelevant. The restriction and charge as such would then vanish, upon the property being sold.

You need a good solicitor at point of sale. Getting one will allow you to ask them to notify the restriction holders AFTER its sold - perfectly legal to do this.

So no, SB can never now occur on this.
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Read this thread --> allaboutFORUMS

Comment

Working...
                              X