GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Request for confirmation of documents under CPUTR 2008 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Request for confirmation of documents under CPUTR 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for confirmation of documents under CPUTR 2008

Thought I would bring the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations (CPUTR) 2008 onto these forums..... following its success elsewhere. Companies don't seem to like being asked for clarification under CPUTR in response to reconstructed, microfiche and/or application forms...

.... and to date, no company has written back to confirm the precise documentation held (in my own case); the account has either been passed to someone else or there have been some very poor attempts to skirt around the issue.... confirming that CPUTR is a powerful tool to pull out of the box. Even my good friend Bryan Carter seemed beaten into submission after such a request....
    ... and finally disappeared without issuing those nasty court papers that I was threatened with...

My template is below:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your Ref: xxxxxxx

This is a formal request under the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations (CPUTR) 2008.

I require your organisation to provide written confirmation that states clearly whether you currently hold an original signed Consumer Credit Agreement, or whether you do not hold an original signed Consumer Credit Agreement pertaining to myself.

For the avoidance of doubt, an original signed Consumer Credit Agreement is just that; not an application for credit and not a reconstructed or microfiched document from other sources.

Please note that until such times as a legally enforceable, original Consumer Credit Agreement can be produced and a copy sent to me by return, then this letter is not an acknowledgement of debt.

Please also note that failure to provide a direct answer to this request will be brought before the court, should you decide to defy the content of this letter and instruct solicitors to pursue enforcement action regardless.

Yours faithfully,

Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 22 October 2011, 08:46. Reason: tidied up template and removed links
    Remember the mantra:
    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Request for confirmation of documents under CPUTR 2008

I like this. The major downfall of CPUTR is that action cannot be brought under it by the debtor. You have beautifully skirted this in your final paragraph, as the request is perfectly reasonable, yet if they refuse to answer and this is produced in the court case which they or some other body have initiated, it is going to be a strong piece of evidence.

Excellent!

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
      I like this. The major downfall of CPUTR is that action cannot be brought under it by the debtor. You have beautifully skirted this in your final paragraph, as the request is perfectly reasonable, yet if they refuse to answer and this is produced in the court case which they or some other body have initiated, it is going to be a strong piece of evidence.

Excellent!
      Mind games are the best games......
      Remember the mantra:

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi P1 I think your going to like it here as much as we are going to enjoy your company.

Excellent Template, I have most of my problems sorted out or at least UE at the moment. I could have had fun with this one.

Regards, Handy (always finish with a grin when I'm happy).
        Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
        Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Nice one, P1

It does work, it get's them to take a step back as although, as BBoo says, it can't be directly pursued by the individual debtor, nonetheless cumulative complaints and non compliance brought before a court could have disastrous effects for them.

Bargepoles and hot bricks come to mind...they'd rather not risk it in most instances, and by carefully assessing their response, be it direct or evasive, you can get a better insight into the true situation.

Shepherdess x

Besides, they don't have a response template for it so basically they're b*ggered!!!
          Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 15 October 2011, 07:19.

Comment

Even I was surprised when Mr. Carter backed off.... although he and Freds. were more tenacious than most. The first reply back was an attempt to side-step CPUTR by banging on about s.78 again.... but my response pointed out that he was incorrect and to please address the question.

The OFT and SRA were both involved in this one.... and I got a ref. number from both of them. Mr. Carter threw the towel in shortly afterwards..... so I like to think he got a good spanking....

Love these icons!!!....
            Remember the mantra:

Comment

Hiya P1, any friend of this bunch of reprobates, etc

Any chance of a peek at your reply (or a precis) to Mr C?

(Maybe I could file it in my 'Arkell v Pressdram' folder?)
              Last edited by charitynjw; 16 October 2011, 12:47. Reason: Rubish spelin

Comment

I think the letter was at the beginning of the first "fighting back" thread, wasn't it?

Or was that to a different sols?

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
                  I think the letter was at the beginning of the first "fighting back" thread, wasn't it?

Er..........? (Pardon my iggerance, lol)

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                    Er..........? (Pardon my iggerance, lol)
                    Try view P1's thread on CAG about this, which was split into 2 parts. It was called 'Fighting Back With CPUTR' - I think that's what is being referred to.

Comment

Sorry. I was thinking of this one.

Fighting back with CPUTR 2008....

Comment

Ahh!

Knew I should have posted here http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ead.php?t=3261

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post

That was a different lot of sols.... same debt though. It's now been through 4 DCAs and 2 sets of sols....

The letter to our Bryan's company (in the same building as Freds. ) was of a similar content and was part of a formal complaint..... so they had to respond to it.... and because they didn't respond properly to the concerns raised, they had to reply again!

Remember the mantra:

Comment

It is amazing how Brian Carters can get away with the tactics this company uses for so long they have been known to split claims aswell.

It is about time they where brought to book and closed down.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                              It is amazing how Brian Carters can get away with the tactics this company uses for so long they have been known to split claims aswell.

It is about time they where brought to book and closed down.
                              Totally agree, but sadly flying pigs spring to mind!

Comment

Working...
                              X