GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Request for confirmation of documents under CPUTR 2008 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Request for confirmation of documents under CPUTR 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Request for confirmation of documents under CPUTR 2008

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
    It is amazing how Brian Carters can get away with the tactics this company uses for so long they have been known to split claims aswell.

It is about time they where brought to book and closed down.

Yep... totally agree. They move fast with their dirty rotten ways as well, so people need to be very pro-active to avoid court papers landing on the mat.

Remember the mantra:
    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Nooooo, having Bryan on the go makes life sooo much easier!!!
      Long live Carter!!!! He's the debtors secret weapon!

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherdess View Post
        Nooooo, having Bryan on the go makes life sooo much easier!!!
        Long live Carter!!!! He's the debtors secret weapon!

I always knew you had a crush....
        Remember the mantra:

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I totally agree with P1,

This is a very effective tool indeed. I've advised a few people to go this route and every time without fail, it's stopped the dca dead in their tracks. It's best used as early as possible as well....
          -----------------------------------------------

Happiness, is screwing over a DCA.......

Comment

Without realising it or putting in about CPUTR its almost what I wrote in a letter to one of my followers, if I had known about it at the time I would probably have done a better job of the letter!
            When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

I have also used CPUTR on occasion, in conjunction with a CCA request. In each instance the DCA appeared to have disappeared off the face of the planet (not without taking the £1 payment however!) and I heard nothing more from them.

I think its also the case that they have much easier 'prey' to deal with and get money from than expose themselves to the risk of responding under CPUTR and opening up another pandoras box such as UE and PPI resulting in them losing even more money.

Best
              SnV
              "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

The thing is, at the moment, as far as I know, CPUTR has not been used to prosecute anyone, and don't think anyone is particularly keen to be the first!

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
                  The thing is, at the moment, as far as I know, CPUTR has not been used to prosecute anyone, and don't think anyone is particularly keen to be the first!
                  It does seem that way.... I raised complaints with both OFT and SRA in relation to our Bryan & co. at the time and although in the past, have considered the OFT to be pretty spineless, the did give me a ref. no. and were looking at the complaint raised..... which to be honest, suits me fine 'coz all I wanted was for Bryan & co. to bog off...

Whatever happened after that.... we can only guess..... but I never heard from our Bryan again and the account was passed on to someone else.... which means they sent it back.
                  Last edited by PriorityOne; 16 October 2011, 13:30.
                  Remember the mantra:

Comment

I have sent a Cputr request to Lloyds and there reply was that they would send it me when they found it , no yes or no, this was about 10 months ago, should i ask again, but point out that I will with hold payment until they say one way or the other
                    CC account opened 1987 ish

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                      I have sent a Cputr request to Lloyds and there reply was that they would send it me when they found it , no yes or no, this was about 10 months ago, should i ask again, but point out that I will with hold payment until they say one way or the other
                      CC account opened 1987 ish
                      To be honest, payments should have been withheld 10 month ago. In theory, you could go down this route now but they would be very p*ssed off with you for doing it.

Did you get anything at all in response to your CCA request at the time?
                      Remember the mantra:

Comment

received pice of paper with present address on, not the one when it was taken out,
                        and some terms and conditions not original ones, this was a TSB card when taken out.
                        along with a letter saying that as the account was so old they did'nt have to comply, but they were sure that we would have signed an agreement. as this is a long storyshould I start a thread on it
                        Last edited by nightwatch; 21 October 2011, 22:11.

Comment

The following from the new OFT guidelines on debt collection published a few days ago struck me as though it would sit nicely alongside a CPUTR request:

False representation of authority and/or legal position:
                          businesses should accurately and truthfully represent their
                          authority/status and the correct legal position with regard to
                          debts
                          and the debt recovery process

This comes under Unfair or Improper Business Practices.

This should clearly include whether or not the debt is enforceable, whether they hold a true copy of the agreement, whether they own the debt etc.... etc....

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
                            My template is below:
                            I have done a copy - are you happy with this mate? ---> allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - Credit Solutions
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              I have done a copy - are you happy with this mate? ---> allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - Credit Solutions
                              Yep.... I'm happy!
                              Remember the mantra:

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                                received pice of paper with present address on, not the one when it was taken out,
                                and some terms and conditions not original ones, this was a TSB card when taken out.
                                along with a letter saying that as the account was so old they did'nt have to comply, but they were sure that we would have signed an agreement. as this is a long storyshould I start a thread on it
                                Yes please....
                                Remember the mantra:

Comment

Working...
                                X