GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Anyone had their bill yet - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone had their bill yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone had their bill yet

Just wondering if anyone has had there council tax bills yet as they seem to be late in sending them out as payments are usually March to December.

I have heard that some councils are allowing payments over 12 mths so wondering if they knew there would be a problem which is of course bedroom tax.

Re: Anyone had there bill yet

Not had mine yet.......
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Seems to be a similar pattern across the UK as asked the same question on Facebook.

Comment

I think the best thing to do is put aside what I was paying last year

Comment

Payments are April to March.... (12mths)....

Normal in Yorkshire
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Not here niddy it is 10 mths march to december

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              Payments are April to March.... (12mths)....

Normal in Yorkshire
              Not here 10 months April to January..........
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

never could understand the reasoning of the 10 mth rule mind

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                  Not here niddy it is 10 mths march to december
                  But the financial year isn't till April
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: Anyone had their bill yet

Yup has always been March to December, ever since Capita took over the running of that department a few years ago anyway.
                    Last edited by pompeyfaith; 8 March 2013, 22:34.

Comment

Mine arrived today :-(

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                        Yup has always been March to December, ever since Capita took over the running of that department a few years ago anyway.
                        I'm not so sure that is legal mate, the government financial year starts on 6th April - not March!

Comment

Might not make any difference mate, Thats just for tax purposes, their company accounts could run March to Feb which is why they charge for that period.

All it means is you split the tax due on their accounts over number of days prior to new tax year and after.

Comment

April to January here.

Not looking forward to getting mine as they still haven't sorted it out from when my DD moved back home (I was getting the 25% single occupancy discount.)

I notified them more than 4 months ago but I bet they'll want the underpayment paying immediately.
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Got ours yesterday April - January, grudge every penny, wish this was UE,

Comment

Working...
                              X