GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Anyone had their bill yet - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone had their bill yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone had their bill yet

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
    Business council tax you don't even get your Bins emptyed for that.....you have to pay extra for collection of trade waste...
    Do you live where you work? If so stop whining
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by fluffystuff View Post
      No not a mansion, just a very expensive area!
      Hmmm, seems awfully high. I know we're in the 3% of most expensive area's outside London but ours is a grand less than that - have you had a reassessment?
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Do you live where you work? If so stop whining
        Yes .....and have to pay domestic council tax aswell.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yes .....and have to pay domestic council tax aswell.
          really? what a rip off....

So if you have one building in the middle of nowhere and run a business from it you're saying you have to pay 2 sets of council tax?

I ask because thats just wrong, isn't it..?

Comment

really? what a rip off....

So if you have one building in the middle of nowhere and run a business from it you're saying you have to pay 2 sets of council tax?

I ask because thats just wrong, isn't it..?
            Yes..... upstairs living accommodation gets charged at domestic rates.

Downstairs gets charged business rates per m2.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yes..... upstairs living accommodation gets charged at domestic rates.

Downstairs gets charged business rates per m2.
              but it is in one building mate - I presume then you pay like half of personal rates and half of business rates, not two lots of full rates? Does that make sense...?

Its wrong, plain and simple.

Comment

Hmmm, seems awfully high. I know we're in the 3% of most expensive area's outside London but ours is a grand less than that - have you had a reassessment?

I said not a mansion, but I didn't say how big!!

Comment

Originally posted by fluffystuff View Post
                  I said not a mansion, but I didn't say how big!!

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                    For emptying your Bins lol
                    It doesn't even pay for that. Only a very tiny percentage of council tax goes towards emptying bins, less than 0.5% last time I checked.

Half of it goes towards social services and educating other people's kids (too bad for us single people, eh?)... badly.

The police, fire brigade and parish councils account for another quarter or so. Most of the rest goes towards keeping council administrative staff in the salaries and pensions to which they are accustomed.

Comment

ours is just over £1900 and no it's not a mansion either it's just on Scottish soil

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                        ours is just over £1900 and no it's not a mansion either it's just on Scottish soil
                        ARHH a Scottish Castle

Comment

I know there have been some posts on this thread about paying Council Tax over 12 months instead of 10.

My bill gives the DD payments for 10 months but, when I've looked on the back for the phone number to query the single person discount, in the small print it says that you can request to pay it in 12 monthly instalments.

From the 1st April 2013 the government has given the taxpayers the right, on request, to pay Council Tax by 12 monthly instalments ending in March 2014. If you wish to take advantage of this please contact the Customer Contact Centre on ....
                          The councils are obviously not publicising this because it would mean they wouldn't have as much of our money to hold on to and earn interest on.
                          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

I did think about the 12 month option, but decided against it as I really like having those two months off paying (it always coincides with hubby's work being slow).
                            If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

I never know what my work situation will be like so, in my case, I think it makes sense to spread the payments over a longer period - especially as there's no mention of them charging extra for paying over 12 months.
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                                I know there have been some posts on this thread about paying Council Tax over 12 months instead of 10.

My bill gives the DD payments for 10 months but, when I've looked on the back for the phone number to query the single person discount, in the small print it says that you can request to pay it in 12 monthly instalments.

The councils are obviously not publicising this because it would mean they wouldn't have as much of our money to hold on to and earn interest on.
                                My council tax bill said this but cunningly worded as "you are now allowed to pay you council tax bill over 12 months but you must apply as soon as possible."

Comment

Working...
                                X