GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help needed with MK Rapid Recoveries plus Bryan Carter - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help needed with MK Rapid Recoveries plus Bryan Carter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed with MK Rapid Recoveries plus Bryan Carter

Hi
    I need some help and advice please.

Myself and my partner have a lot of credit card debt. We have basically ignored most of it, mainly due to a combination of ill health and also we just didn't have the money to pay.

With a few, we haven't heard from them for a number of years, but not long enough to be statute barred.

The most recent my OH has received was a letter from Bryan Carter at the end of October 2013, for a debt to lowell financial saying to avoid further action we need to make a payment before the 4th November 2013.
    We had previously received a letter from BC in September advising on how much court fees would be and a letter from Fredricksons.

We haven't heard from them since. It's been around 4 years since a payment was last made to the original credit card company and the balance is just over £1000. I was wondering if we should send them a letter ? and if so which one ?

But

My/Our most worrying debts at the moment are to MK Rapid recoveries.

I've just received 2 letters from them, one on the 27th Jan and one today. It's in regard to a Barclaycard debt of almost £4,000. This debt was previously with a different CC company and Barclaycard bought them out and have sold the debt to MK. It is a pre 2007 debt. They haven't obtained a CCJ on this as far as I'm aware.

Barclaycard have infact sold 4 debts ( 2 of mine and 2 of my OH) to MK rapid recoveries. We both originally had a Barclaycard each and the two other cards we had barclays bought/took over from other CC Companies.

Now MK have already obtained 2 CCJs against us over a year ago ( one each) and wanted the money forthwith. We haven't heard from them since with regards to this. We didn't have the money to pay them so haven't as yet.

I'm absolutely worried sick. we are in a slightly better financial situation now where we could make them a small offer of payment. I just don't know what to do and how to reply the the letter I've just received from them.

I'm also worried about going into too much detail at the moment just incase they read the forum. ,We are homeowners (with a mortgage ).

Help and advice would me much appreciated, thank you.
    Battendown (the hatches) as we're in for a stormy ride !!

I'm steering the good ship Battendown through a severe bout of physical turbulence !!

Re: Help needed with MK Rapid Recoveries plus Bryan Carter

List each debt as a diary, and then we'll guide you better - send a CCA (one per account) to help stop any legal claims coming.....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

For Niddy set out the information for your accounts like this, one post for each account:

• Type of account (credit card/loan)

• Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)

• Approx balance

• Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)

• Are you on arrangement or not paying

• Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)

• Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)
      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Thank you Niddy, I'll get the diarys up and running. Do you think I should send cca's to the ones we haven't heard from for a few years, or let sleeping dogs lie ?

I'm steering the good ship Battendown through a severe bout of physical turbulence !!

Comment

Thank you if.

Comment

Battendown,

I remember chatting to you a couple of years ago when you were being spooked by bailiffs. I look forward to chatting to you again. Nice to have you back.

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post212994

Comment

Originally posted by Battendown View Post
              Thank you Niddy, I'll get the diarys up and running. Do you think I should send cca's to the ones we haven't heard from for a few years, or let sleeping dogs lie ?
              Sleeping dogs....

Just diary those hose debts that are actively writing for now and similarly only cca them
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Do you think I should send cca's to the ones we haven't heard from for a few years, or let sleeping dogs lie ?
                Let sleeping dog lie......Just send to the ones that contact you....
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

BARCLAYS NOW OWNED BY MK RAPID RECOVERIES

Type of account (credit card/loan) .....
                  CREDIT CARD

Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) .....APPROX 2001

Approx balance .....£4.000

Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment).... APPROX END OF 2009, BUT May have acknowledged it since with a type of insurance. I don't want to give too much info out just incase DCAs read this.

Are you on arrangement or not paying....NOT PAYING

Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)..... DEFAULTED

Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) .....MK RAPID RECOVERIES/COMPELLO

We also have other debt with MK Rabid myself and hubbie have a ccj each.

Niddy advised to Cca them so will be doing that.

CCA POSTED AND RECEIVED BY MK RAPID RECOVERIES, waiting for their response.
                  Last edited by Battendown; 21 February 2014, 23:09. Reason: Updating

Comment

MR BATTENDOWN'S
                    LOWELL'S (was Compuserve)

Type of account.... CREDIT CARD

Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) ......APPROX 2001

Approx balance......£1,000

Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) ...... AROUND MARCH 2010

Are you on arrangement or not paying.......NOT PAYING

Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) .......DEFAULTED

Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) .......BRYAN CARTER/ FREDRICKSONS FOR LOWELLS

Last had letter in October 2013 from BC saying had 14 days to pay. Did outline costs of how much the balance and court costs would be. Is this what is called a Letter before action ?

Niddy advised to Cca them, will be doing that.
                    21st Feb 2014 ...... CCA POSTED AND SIGNED FOR BY THEM. Now waiting for their response .
                    Last edited by Battendown; 21 February 2014, 23:12. Reason: Update

Comment

The above 2 are the ones that are currently chasing us so I'm listing these first. I hadn't heard from Mk for over a year until end of January when they say I haven't responded to a recent letter !

Just got the 2 x £1.00 postal orders to send for the cca's, they are blank and uncrossed, is this right ?
                      Also, forgive me if I'm being stupid but, it says not to alter anything on the cca template. Does that mean I put in the account no but omit my address ? Do I just let them cross reference the account number with the address they hold for me to write back ?
                      Thank you so much for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
                        Battendown,

I remember chatting to you a couple of years ago when you were being spooked by bailiffs. I look forward to chatting to you again. Nice to have you back.

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post212994
                        Hi Plan B,
                        That's nice of you remembering me ! and thank you for your welcome back.
                        I couldn't get it together at the time to sort everything out due to ill Health. Going to try to give it a ruddy good go now though !

Comment

BARCLAYS NOW OWNED BY MK RAPID RECOVERIES

Type of account (credit card/loan) .....
                          CREDIT CARD

Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) .....APPROX 2001

Approx balance .....£4.000

Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment).... APPROX END OF 2009, BUT May have acknowledged it since with a type of insurance. I don't want to give too much info out just incase DCAs read this.

Are you on arrangement or not paying....NOT PAYING

Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)..... DEFAULTED

Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) .....MK RAPID RECOVERIES/COMPELLO

We also have other debt with MK Rabid myself and hubbie have a ccj each.

Niddy advised to Cca them so will be doing that.

CCA POSTED AND RECEIVED BY MK RAPID RECOVERIES, waiting for their response.

I feel more empowered now I've made the first steps by sending off the cca request.

Comment

MR BATTENDOWN'S
                            LOWELL'S (was Compuserve)

Type of account.... CREDIT CARD

Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) ......APPROX 2001

Approx balance......£1,000

Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) ...... AROUND MARCH 2010

Are you on arrangement or not paying.......NOT PAYING

Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) .......DEFAULTED

Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) .......BRYAN CARTER/ FREDRICKSONS FOR LOWELLS

Last had letter in October 2013 from BC saying had 14 days to pay. Did outline costs of how much the balance and court costs would be. Is this what is called a Letter before action ?

Niddy advised to Cca them, will be doing that.
                            21st Feb 2014 ...... CCA POSTED AND SIGNED FOR BY THEM. Now waiting for their response .
                            Does the 12 working days (+2) for a response include weekends ? Or is it Monday to Friday ?

Comment

Does the 12 working days (+2) for a response include weekends ? Or is it Monday to Friday ?
                              Working days so Mon -> Fri
                              "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                              X