GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Littlewoods - Lowells - Fredericksons - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Littlewoods - Lowells - Fredericksons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Littlewoods - Lowells - Fredericksons

My OH answered the door this morning to a man claiming to be from BW legal services, he asked for me as he has a letter to deliver to me personally.

My OH told him I wasn't available and he left without any further problem, taking the letter with him.

Having looked on here, I am now going into panic mode as it seems they issue Statutory Demands on behalf of Lowells.

The last letter I had from Lowells was mid November and I realised that it needed a suitable response but hadn't got round to doing one.

This is for an old CC which was originally Littlewoods and was taken over by Barclaycard some years ago, I stopped paying about three years ago when going down the unenforceable route after a severe reduction of income.

For some unknown reason I have never sent a CCA request

Due to health issues, I could really do without this stress now but realise I need to act fast!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Lowells - Statutory Demand?

Get a cca sent ASAP!
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I'm just preparing it Niddy, I do send it to Lowell's?

Thanks for responding so quickly.

Comment

Link ----> CCA Request

Also I'd send special delivery cost £ 5.90
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

No I'd not send it special. Send normal recorded to Lowell, yes.

You'll be fine. Dinnae stress
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

It's done and I'll try not to stress!!

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              No I'd not send it special. Send normal recorded to Lowell, yes.

You'll be fine. Dinnae stress
              What's your reasoning for that one, Niddy? SD gets it there as quickly as possible, and it also has to be signed for properly instead of just bulk signing. I've seen other threads where standard recorded letters haven't even been delivered months after they were sent.

I was thinking SD even before I read I2D's post.

I'm not saying you're wrong, of course, I'd just like to know the reasoning behind not using SD.

SH

Comment

Because the fact she'll have proof of postage is suffice. After 2 days its presumed delivered.

Why spend £6 when you don't need to. Same postage rules apply (2days delivery) from us; that we're quick to throw at creditors.

Comment

Just to add we don't know it's a SD. It's most likely a typical doorstep collector in which case send a cca registered post.

Job done

Comment

I am assuming it's an SD due to this para in their letter.

"If you do not pay the debt(s) in full or call us to agree an affordable repayment plan, within 7 days from the date of this letter, the next contact you receive will either be from BW Legal or an agent instructed to serve you with a SD. This will incur costs that may be added to your debt. Should you fail to respond to the SD within 21 days of service of the demand on you, or if you do not make an application to set aside the SD within 18 days of service of the demand on you, a Bankruptcy Petition may be presented against you in your local County Court"

The letter is dated 21/11 and I'm so annoyed with myself for not responding but I've had a lot on my plate the last few months and thought they would just carry on sending letter after letter, as before!

Regarding the post, whilst I would normally just send RD, I do find that a lot of mail I have sent from my local PO by this method doesn't get tracked properly on the RM website and I think I would prefer to use SD on this occasion for peace of mind and undoubted POD with a signature.

Comment

How much is the debt? Do you have assets or property with equity that would make it worth their while making you bankrupt?
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi rizzle,

It's a little over £3k and yes a jointly owned mortgaged property so they can obviously see how much is owed on my CRA and work out the equity.

Comment

OK. Then you need to take this as deadly serious to be on the safe side. You always should with a SD, but add to that the fact that Lowells at the moment are making 40-60 people bankrupt a month. If you have equity, it may be no bluff.

Comment

That's not good news!

I may have to consider making an offer to them, which is the last thing I want to do if it's unen.

Does it have to be served personally or by post?

I have read elsewhere that one was left with another person at the address.

Comment

Either personally or by substituted service. Substituted service can technically be effected by first class post or just putting it through your letterbox, but ONLY if they have made sufficient attempt to serve personally first. They would have to submit an affidavit/statement of truth to the court stating what they tried if the went forward with a petition.

Get the CCA request off, and see what if anything turns up.

Hopefully Paul can give some input as well.
                              Last edited by Riz; 8 December 2012, 16:13. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                              X