GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Littlewoods - Lowells - Fredericksons - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Littlewoods - Lowells - Fredericksons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowells - Statutory Demand?

Great news MP
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Great news MP
      I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Nice one and even better that they had to eat the good old humble pasty and admit they could do bugger all!

Comment

Don't forget to take a scan of the letter and keep a digital copy. If you regularly use Amazon, as I do, you should have some free cloud storage to which you can upload the file. That way, you can lose all of your possessions in a burglary or house fire and still have the evidence you need.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post
            I am a bit annoyed at their franking print which shows their name but also states, Debt Recovery Solicitors! I wonder whether this should be allowed?
            No, it shouldn't.

I wonder how the lawyer there would like a letter with a return address in the name of an erectile dysfunction clinic?

Comment

Ha ha CleverClogs, I read your comment but hadn't noticed the matchstalk man!

I could add another comment but better not!

Of course I meant Matchstick!
              Last edited by marypoppins; 26 March 2013, 23:18.

Comment

I don't think such letters would bother them, they are far too macho (or they think they are). DCAs channel their urges into bullying and harrassing.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Since post 28, I have received a statement of account at the end of November from Lowells.

In December, Lowells wrote stating that the account was being sent to Fredrickson International (seen them off before with another CC!) who will be instructed to pursue this dept etc.

Freds wrote at the end of December advising that they are authorised to contact me by Lowells and pay up etc. Not in any way threatening and they are calling landline and mobile regularly since 27th Dec.

I am keeping a log and have so far had 10 landline calls, 8 to mobile and 11 texts, it is just a recorded message asking me to contact them.

However, today Freds have sent a Letter Before Action!

Whilst I'm not overly concerned after BC confirming in writing that the debt is unen (see post 28), I guess I should respond to this to stop them in their tracks.

Can someone give me some idea of a suitable response please? I suppose I could just send them a copy of Barclaycard's letter and tell them to go and **** themselves!

Comment

As Frederickson "International" is part of the Bowells group, one must wonder what the brown buggery they are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                      When are FSA etc going to grow up and stop this Lowells and others nonsense of misusing SBs on amounts less than £25,000? absolute injustice and cretins like Lowells are the worst offenders in procedures, I have an answer to their C.E.O:-
                      james.cornell@lowellgroup.co.uk

Click image for larger version

Name:	guillotine-smiley-emoticon.gif
Views:	1
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	1399204

Comment

Hi MP, I agree I would refer them to the comments in the enclosed letter. Just short and to the point!
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Usually we say copy the letter confirming there's no agreement and send a copy with this --> http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...firming-no-cca
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank Niddy, I'll get that drafted over the weekend and hit them with it next week!

Comment

You've made a s78 request and they have confirmed that they are unable to provide a copy of the agreement (reconstituted or otherwise). They can wave their arms around and make all the threats that they want but without an agreement its all just posturing and hollow gestures that will get the nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by ATW View Post
                                You've made a s78 request and they have confirmed that they are unable to provide a copy of the agreement (reconstituted or otherwise). They can wave their arms around and make all the threats that they want but without an agreement its all just posturing and hollow gestures that will get the nowhere.
                                Hi Andrew, that's precisely what I thought but it's good to have your input thank you.

I'm tempted to send a brief one worder 'UP YOURS' see attached!

It's such a good feeling to have a letter from the OC confirming

Comment

Working...
                                X