GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Littlewoods - Lowells - Fredericksons - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Littlewoods - Lowells - Fredericksons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Littlewoods - Lowells - Fredericksons

I've had a statement of account from Lowell this week, just showing the balance and enclosing the FCA information sheet.

Put it on here for reference.

Comment

Another letter from Lowell today, dated 14th August.

Just a standard letter asking me to call them to agree a repayment plan.

Nothing in the lest threatening but they will review a copy of my credit file to gain information to help them decide what action to take next as they will be able to see if I have assets such as my own home along with other credit agreements.

I'll just file this, they will no doubt send another letter in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post
        they will no doubt send another letter in a couple of weeks.
        . . . .after you get back from holiday

Bon voyage

Plan B x

Comment

Thank you PlanB

Beach bar,here I come!

Got my new sunglasses to so I can read and people watch in focus!

Comment

Enjoy Mary xxx
            if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Holiday over now and it was fantastic to see the sunshine.

Lowells are very predictable with their letters.

1/9 - Call to resolve etc....................legal action could be considered - no date to respond by

Comment

Good to have you back xx

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Time goes too quickly when you're on holiday, it doesn't seem five minutes since I went!

I'm going to have to try and find some old statements for this because I'm pretty sure this will now be statute barred.

Edited to note another letter from them 14/9 - it's the one where they are going to get a copy of my credit file and will prepare the file for 'further action' if I don't contact them by 28th Sept
                  Last edited by marypoppins; 7 October 2015, 18:29.

Comment

Latest letter today.

It's the one where they have found out that I am a home owner so that gives them more options to recover what is owed. If they get a CCJ and I don't pay, they can enforce it by securing the balance against my home..............................

Pretty standard stuff from them, not the first time I've had one of these but could be scary for some people!

I haven't had chance to find an old statement but I'm 99.99% sure that this became SB in July and of course having written conf that Barclaycard couldn't enforce it due to non compliance of my s78 request is comforting, should they get stroppy.

Comment

All the best Mary xx

Comment

13th Oct

Despite previous letters etc.............................

We would prefer to deal with this account without the need for further action, please get in touch...........................

No date to respond by.

Comment

Posted 1st October 2015 (post # 114):

I haven't had chance to find an old statement but I'm 99.99% sure that this became SB in July
                          Posted on 19th January 2013 (post # 25):

I have today received a letter in response to my request, from bwlegal.

We enclose the following as requested . . . Statement of Account . . . Yours faithfully, BW Legal

The statements cover May to Oct 2010
                          ^^^^ Did those 2010 statements show any payments from you? Or do you have other evidence of your last payment being in May 2009 (or before) so the debt would become SB in July this year?

They're still in default of your CCA request so no need to worry just yet even if the debt is not SB but it might be worth checking your files all the same to give you added peace of mind

Plan B x

Comment

Thanks for the nudge PlanB.

I've finally dug the old statements out and was surprised to see that the last payment I made was 1st March 10!

I'll have to take a bit more notice of what they send from now on. (although I do have the letter from BC confirming they are unable to supply the CCA)

Comment

Thanks for the nudge PlanB.

I've finally dug the old statements out and was surprised to see that the last payment I made was 1st March 10!

I'll have to take a bit more notice of what they send from now on.
                              The thing is I never want members to lull themselves into a false sense of security. From what you say this debt is NOT statute barred yet, not until 2016. Sorry to disappoint.

But like you also say the original creditor has still not complied with your s.78 request yet and has admitted that they may not ever be able to comply. Let's hope it stays that way.

Plan B x

Comment

What a pain that this isn't SB yet though at least you know now...and April 2016 isn't too far away.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Barclaycard can't find your CCA in that time xx
                                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
                                X