GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Littlewoods - Lowells - Fredericksons - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Littlewoods - Lowells - Fredericksons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Littlewoods - Lowells - Fredericksons

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
    Thank you for correcting my typo caused by a hangover not dyslexia
    You got the numbers right...........
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
      Thank you for correcting my typo caused by a hangover not dyslexia
      Why do people with spelling problems never suffer from dyxlesia?

Mind you, number problems would be caused by dysnumeria or dyscalculia.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
        number problems would be caused by dysnumeria or dyscalculia.
        Or in my case Jack Daniels

Comment

Ooh dear PlanB, JD just not a good idea! Hope you've recovered

Letter prepared and ready to post tomorrow, will update as and when.

Comment

Re: Lowells - Statutory Demand?

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post
            Reply as follows:

Thank you for your letter XX Jan 14
            We confirm that we have viewed the document you have supplied us with and confirm our client has fully complied with your request to section 78-79 of the Consumer Credit act 1974

We look forward to hearing from you with your payment proposals by 20th Febraury (yes incorrectly spelt) otherwise collection acitivity (yes incorrectly spelt) may resume.

roll on 20th!
            Yours sincerely etc
            The above letter was from Freds at the beginning of Feb, which was their response to my letter which enclosed a copy of the BC letter confirming Unenforceable.

I have today received another one from them as follows:

We thank you for your recent letter the contents of which we note. If you require documentation under the CCA1974, you may request this directly from our client with the appropriate fee of £1.00 (this was done 12 months ago, see post 28). In the meantime please contact us with your payment proposals.

No mention of Carters!

Comment

Ignore the clowns...!!
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Agreed Niddy thank you

Comment

Dear MP,

Despite a recent letter from Bryan Carter, it appears that you have not discharged your debt with out client Lowells. We are prepared to offer you one final opportunity to pay before recommending to our client that they instruct solicitors to issue a claim at (my address)

At this late stage and as a gesture of goodwill, we are prepared to accept a settlement on this account provided that you contact us within 48 hours of receipt of this letter.

Etc............................................

lots of love............Freds!

Comment

Hi everyone!

I didn't respond to the letter from Freds mentioned in my previous post and they wrote again at the end of March in which they referred to Bryan Carters recent letter (4th Mar) and that I hadn't discharged the debt with their client (Lowells) and they gave me one final opportunity to pay before they instruct solicitors to issue a claim. They added that as a 'gesture of goodwill' they would be prepared to accept a settlement etc.

I didn't think this second letter needed any response either because I am now of the opinion that they can't read and another letter today from Carter's confirms my suspicions!

Bryan Carter states as follows:

We have been instructed by Freds to issue court proceedings on 1st May if I've not paid by that date. IF proceedings are issued, solicitors costs, court fees and interest will be added and will be enforced against me if a judgment is obtained. I MUST contact them if I wish to avoid going to court etc etc......................

They state that if I dispute liability then I must provide my reasons in writing and supply documents in support of any defence I may have.

I would consider that having written confirmation from B'card that they are unable to supply the agreement and it is therefore unenforceable, a reasonable defence, however, I have already sent a copy of this to them in March, they did not have the courtesy to reply to me but just passed it back to Freds!

I'm getting very dizzy but feel that I should respond because it's Carters and know they MAY continue.

What would anyone consider a suitable response?

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post
                      Hi everyone!

I didn't respond to the letter from Freds mentioned in my previous post and they wrote again at the end of March in which they referred to Bryan Carters recent letter (4th Mar) and that I hadn't discharged the debt with their client (Lowells) and they gave me one final opportunity to pay before they instruct solicitors to issue a claim. They added that as a 'gesture of goodwill' they would be prepared to accept a settlement etc.

I didn't think this second letter needed any response either because I am now of the opinion that they can't read and another letter today from Carter's confirms my suspicions!

Bryan Carter states as follows:

We have been instructed by Freds to issue court proceedings on 1st May if I've not paid by that date. IF proceedings are issued, solicitors costs, court fees and interest will be added and will be enforced against me if a judgment is obtained. I MUST contact them if I wish to avoid going to court etc etc......................

They state that if I dispute liability then I must provide my reasons in writing and supply documents in support of any defence I may have.

I would consider that having written confirmation from B'card that they are unable to supply the agreement and it is therefore unenforceable, a reasonable defence, however, I have already sent a copy of this to them in March, they did not have the courtesy to reply to me but just passed it back to Freds!

I'm getting very dizzy but feel that I should respond because it's Carters and know they MAY continue.

What would anyone consider a suitable response?
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you Deepie, I couldn't access it at first but managed to find my email with the link to re-register and have sorted it.

I use gmail and it has a habit of deleting messages! It's probably me not using it properly

Is it one of Niddy's templates? I've noticed a missing word in the last but one para - I respectfully suggest you pass this account back to the Original. (I'm guessing this should finish with creditor?

Comment

Thanks. Is it on word download or just HTML text on screen?

* edit - it's on both. Thanks.

Will sort it
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            Thanks. Is it on word download or just HTML text on screen?

* edit - it's on both. Thanks.

Will sort it
                            I'm glad you answered your own question Niddy, I couldn't have!

Another great template thank you Niddy.

Will get it prepared to post this week.

Comment

Letter posted to Carters so let's see what they come up with next!

I've finally got around to sorting an Avatar!

Comment

Received today from Carters as follows

Thanks for you letter contents noted. We refer to our previous letter 30th Jan and re-iterate its contents. (that letter was where they stated that their client had satisfied s78 request) Do they mean the statements that cover May to Oct 2010 that BW legal sent or they re-con of terms that was just to generic sheets that BC sent which also advised that no CCA could be produced?
                                They're

We confirm we have viewed the document you supplied us within your previous letter and confirm our client has fully complied with my s77-79 request. (they've copied and pasted this from a letter that Freds sent to me in January)!

We trust this clarifies matters and we look forward to hearing from me with my payment proposals by 12th May, otherwise collection activity may resume.

My thread is getting a little repetitive!

Comment

Working...
                                X