GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script hi i need some urgent help and advice pls due to be evicted - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hi i need some urgent help and advice pls due to be evicted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi i need some urgent help and advice pls due to be evicted

Hi guys im in a very bad situation i borrowed £105k off harpmanor limited (blemain finance,lancashire mortgages) back in 2007 originally for 6 months it was a briging loan but due to a death in my family and me being ill etc i was unable to pay this back within the 6 months term!

Anyhow uptodate i have paid them £140k back some lump sums and rest installments cutting the long story short they want £100k (mainly charges and renewal fees) to settle and free me from my misery and big mistake i did with this comapny!

I have a wife and 3 kids and i need to keep the roof over their heads! Me and my wife now suffer from panic and anxiety and are both on medication due to this nightmare.

they are charging me 24% interest a month and an anual 5% off the loan every year. im really struggling to pay this and just borrowing from friends and family to stop the evictions i keep getting

i have phoned the fos who told me they could not find a company called harpmanor limited on their system??

Anyhow they told me to complain to the company after this if i was unsattisfied they will look into it for me so i phoned blemain and told them i was unhappy with all the charges and the terms and i have paid back more than what i borrowed etc to which they told me they will look into and get back to me within 8 weeks. They wrote me a letter too to confirm this

anyhow 4 months later i got a letter basically saying ive signed and agreed to it all so tough look!!!

ive now wrote to the fos again who have recieved my complaint last week but with it being a basic complaint as i was unsure exactly which grounds to complain on apart from me paying 24% interest and the terms are unfair and so are the extorianate charges??

i tried many different solicitors but most of them have no knowledge in this field but are ready to take money from me just to have a look if i have a case!

if anyone can advice me on what to do and help keep a roof over my familys head i would be much appreciated

i have the original contract and some statements with all the charges etc

here are some other cases regarding blemain

http://www.credittoday.co.uk/article...n-repossession

http://www.stephensons.co.uk/site/ne..._unenforceable

Re: hi i need some urgent help and advice pls

Hi, they certainly seem like rip off merchants, someone will be along to help you shortly, those rates are extortionate.
    Last edited by Pixie; 13 July 2012, 21:08. Reason: .

Comment

Hi & welcome

I'll ask Paul to pop in and see what he says - he's pretty good at the legals and can tell you in the interest etc can fluctuate like that by looking at the terms....

Try not to stress too much, if it can be resolved we'll certainly try
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I'm sorry but I don't have enough knowledge to help you but there should be someone on the forum who does have the knowledge.
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

here is what they told me about the interest

here is the loan agreement (interest part)
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Flowerpower; 14 July 2012, 11:59. Reason: Replaced photobucket image

Comment

First things first,

Consumer Credit Licence

If the lender is unlicenced when it lends money then it is not able to enforce an agreement made at that time and furthermore it is left needing the authorisation of the OFT to be allowed to enforce.

I would need to know a bit more about the lender to carry out a search.

Turning to the loan, it sounds to me very much like irresponsible lending here if im understanding it rightly.

Im just about to sit down for some food, but ill try and get back aspa, or in the morning but please try not to worry. There are lots of things to consider here so lets not rush.

Comment

Would the UTTCR be relevant here Paul?
              Remember the mantra:
              NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
              Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
              Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks guys im feeling a bit better talking to you and releasing some burden . ive just managed to get another eviction cancelled this week by borrowing off friends and family again just to keep the house but i wont be able to carry on like this for much longer

ill await your reply Paul take your time mate a just hope i can get to the bottom of this soon.

thanks guys its much appreciated getting such a quick response and advice

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
                  whats UTTCR if you dont mind me asking am i in sort of trouble or posted something wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyq View Post
                    whats UTTCR if you dont mind me asking am i in sort of trouble or posted something wrong?
                    I don't have a clue what UTTCR is - probably something legal - but I can assure you that you're not in any sort of trouble nor posted something wrong.
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Please don't stress about this..... the question was directed to Paul. You're not in trouble and haven't posted anything wrong; we're just looking at different avenues.

UTTCR stands for Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regs.

Remember the mantra:
                      NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                      Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                      Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                        I don't have a clue what UTTCR is
                        I bloody hope you do

We quote it enough! Ask P1 - she'll teach you
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

whats UTCCR if you dont mind me asking am i in sort of trouble or posted something wrong?
                          UTCCR is handy for fighting back when it appears that you were in a lose-lose situation, for instance when a lender takes all terms to benefit themselves with none going for you, then that could be classed as unfair within the UTCCR.

As P1 says, don't worry about it, we'll spend some time firing idea's back and forth, and try to explain as we go along.

If you're stuck just shout

Comment

1999 Noddy lmao

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
                              I presume you mean UTCCR?

Comment

Working...
                              X