GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Co-op Crap - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Co-op Crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co-op Crap

We've had our co-op cashminder for nearly two and a half years and for the first 18 months it was great, then they started to make mistakes, bad mistakes. I continually have had the wrong advice despite phoning and asking them how do do a particular type of transfer about 10 times. Then they whipped a great deal of money out of my account without authorisation, took a transfer once and then the next shift helped themselves again the next day. it went through fraud and allsorts. Took about a fortnight to get it sorted and eventually did get the money back and 250 quid and assurances that it could never happen again, and then this week, it happened again, I ask them to transfer one amount, they transfer three times as much. More stress and shouting, wrong information given, general bloody stupidity and a seemingly strange inability to tell the truth, money has been returned but no one seems to be able to give me a satisfactory answer as to why they think it's OK to whip money out of my account with impunity then lie about the procedures to get it back. Now awaiting yet another complaint to go through the slow system. So does anyone know an email address for the top guy at the CO-op bank, I think it's time someone explained why they continually take money from my account without authorisation, and does anyone else think that it being a cashminder account, that fraud on my part jumps to their minds first before possible abject stupidity of one of their own??? Could cashminder customers be poor relations?

Re: Co-op Crap

Here you are Dopey ---> barry.tootell@cfs.coop
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Good luck with the email add Mrs D hope you get further than I did, fraud on my account due to a dodgy chip & pin machine at a nearby garage I used once

they refunded nearly all the money they emptied apart from £60 they are STILL refusing to give me that back & i've been at them for a fair while now...I jumped ship & opened another acc somewhere else....its a joke!

Comment

just a thought....if they still continue to fob you off have you tried the FSA?? they helped me a little with my issues

Comment

Mrs D if you need to think about changing your bank I'm now with Nationwide - and touch wood have found them great also you actually get to speak to an actual person in your branch - I am really happy with then and really straightforward easy to use on line

Good luck x

Comment

LooLoo,

Ditto we are with the Nationwide after closing two co-op accounts after a 4.5 yr PPI Complaint, never had any issue with nationwide yet.

Comment

thanks guys, i am going to email the ceo, until this they were fine.

it makes you nervous, never knowing if the are going to whip money out of your account, the first lot was my redundancy money, so not pen

will keep you updated

any thoughts on the cashminder thing, do they have less regard for us poor sods in debt?

Comment

If it's any consolation my wife and I have had one each for nearly 7 years and they have been brilliant - absolutely faultless.

It doesn't help you, but you rarely get to hear the good as well as the bad.

Comment

if you had asked me this time last year I'd have said the same Bboo

personally I believe it's the training, on both occasions no one has had a clue how to fix what were colleagues mistakes, so they've gone on the defensive
                  first rule if you don't know what to do is tell the customer that and get help, but no one appears to train this into staff

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
                    if you had asked me this time last year I'd have said the same Bboo

personally I believe it's the training, on both occasions no one has had a clue how to fix what were colleagues mistakes, so they've gone on the defensive
                    first rule if you don't know what to do is tell the customer that and get help, but no one appears to train this into staff
                    You are absolutely right it is the training, I raised this with both the Co-op and the FOS in my complaint that different depts do not communicate with each other.

In my case the collections dept was not communicating with the claims dept so whilst I was in the process of a large PPI Claim totaling a lot more than I owed them I was also being hounded with letters, defaults.

This was two years ago and appears nothing has changed. They and all financial companies need to remember that a few bad complaints can have devastating effects on there business as a whole.
                    Last edited by pompeyfaith; 12 May 2012, 08:58.

Comment

It's where in a way, and I know it's unrealistic, it's a shame we can't start a complaints website with each bank listed separately and then whack in one giant complaint that might make them sit up and take notice.

Comment

to be honest Pomps it's all about size, it is almost impossible for big companies to deliver decent customer service through a call centre, individual account management is the only way to deliver decent customer service, if you think in terms the old bank manager, it worked much better. once they started to go to call centres and particularly call centres abroad, it all wnr really fast down the loo. You must record accurately customer conversations and actions in a call centre, cos you've not idea who is coming after you to speak with that customer, but they pay peanuts and the desk clones don't care and no one records properly, hence shit happens all the time. Any big company with continuing customer relationships has the same problem, it's not rocket science, it's just that greed of gold blinds them to it. So when any company ever tells you they put customer care at the top of their list, they are telling a gigantic porkie

Comment

I am not totally convinced that customer care in large companies is impossible, as it is more to do with funding and the right level of training both of which are both under funded as more attention is given to profit.

They know that custom is in abundance so could not give a toss if they lose a few via poor customer service and that I believe is the wrong attitude to take as we all know good customer service breeds fast a customer telling another person how good a company is, is the best form of advertising there is as it comes from first hand experience and not some crap on the media.

It cannot be achieved overnight, but with a good action plan to work too it can be massively improved.

Regards

Comment

but you have the will and the money to do it, and they don't chose to do this. Call centres are all about saving money, cheap to run, cheap to staff, bugger the customers

Comment

well long complicated email sent to Mr Tootell

reply received from sidekick to-day, there will be an extensive investigation

will update as we go.

Comment

Working...
                              X