GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Claiming Charges (HSBC) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Claiming Charges (HSBC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claiming Charges (HSBC)

Is it worth claiming charges back from HSBC on a closed account. I think it was opened in 2005 (cant find all statements, earliest #7 dated 1 May 2006)
    I did try ages ago but it was during the big test case.

[EDIT]
    I also had a Bradford & Bingley account and wonder if I could claim charges back on that account too?
    Last edited by pooky2483; 23 March 2012, 17:42.
    I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Re: Claiming Charges (HSBC)

Just been looking through old paperwork, I found an old Yorkshire Bank statement too.
    I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Bloody 'ell....
      Been doing more digging and found this lot; This includes the above.

HSBC - Loan - PPI Claim
      Bank Account - Charges
      Credit Card - PPI
      Credit Card - Charges

Bradford & Bingley - Charges

Yorkshire Bank - Charges

I also want to claim back charges from my current Bank, Santander and I'm still waiting for a reply from a letter of Appropriation I sent them and a reminder, they got until about 29 March.

Really hoping I can get the whole lot claimed back.

[EDIT]
      I forgot one
      Capital One - Charges
      Last edited by pooky2483; 24 March 2012, 12:01.

Comment

Cap One CC - Back in 2005 (7 Apr)
        B&B - 1995 03 29 (Exact date as it was just after my Birthday)
        Yorkshire Bank - (Oldest statement 2008 10 01 - Not 1st)
        HSBC Bank - 2006 01 26
        HSBC Loan - 2007/06/01 Took 1 out and then another to repay 1st
        HSBC CC - 2006 05 19
        Santander - 2008/9

Is there a time limit on claiming?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
            Yes.
            And it it.............(insert drum roll here)

Comment

No there isn't. You can claim as far back as you want

CC - why you say yes?
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

BTW, in post #4, those are the dates (or nearest to) of opening accounts.

Comment

I assume they'd all be 'SAR's' @ £10 a throw?

Comment

Originally posted by pooky2483 View Post
                    BTW, in post #4, those are the dates (or nearest to) of opening accounts.
                    Proof ---> allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - Reclaiming Success Stories
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I assume they'd all be 'SAR's' @ £10 a throw?
                      Yes - this version here:---> Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Subject Access (SAR) - Advanced Request

However a SAR is subject specific not account so if two accounts with sister companies you send one SAR (ie a natwest and rbs account or mint and natwest etc)

Comment

In your case one SAR to HSBC, one to crappy1, I each to to BB/YB and one to Santander

Comment

And it is............(insert drum roll here)
                          Complicated.

I'll stick to English Law, as I know that better than Scots Law.

The usual limitation period is six years, as laid down by section 5 of the Limitation Act 1980 - link - but, under section 32 (link) the start of the limitation period may be delayed by fraud, concealment or mistake on the part of the defendant:
                          the period of limitation shall not begin to run until the plaintiff has discovered the fraud, concealment or mistake (as the case may be) or could with reasonable diligence have discovered it.
                          Hence, the limitation period for claims arising from wrongly sold PPI would appear to start when it first became common knowledge that the banks had used PPI as another means to cheat their customers.
                          Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 24 March 2012, 22:09.

Comment

^^^^^^

CC - nah mate you're barking up the wrong tree with that mate

Limitation period doesn't come into this - or least; isn't (the FSA / OFT / FOS etc are dictating things remember)

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                              Complicated.

I'll stick to English Law, as I know that better than Scots Law.

The usual limitation period is six years, as laid down by section 5 of the Limitation Act 1980 - link - but, under section 32 (link) the start of the limitation period may be delayed by fraud, concealment or mistake on the part of the defendant:

Hence, the limitation period for claims arising from wrongly sold PPI would appear to start when it first became common knowledge that the banks had used PPI as another means to cheat their customers.
                              I just discovered it in old HSBC CC statements that I was paing some for of payment insurance (I also think I have the doc relating to it) but will have to have another dig around (on PC) for it. I read it don’t matter how it was don’t or something, it's the conditions... I wouldn’t have qualified for the PPI if I claimed

Comment

Working...
                              X