GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Claiming Charges (HSBC) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Claiming Charges (HSBC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Claiming Charges (HSBC)

PPI reclaims come under mis-sale of regulated product thus you reclaim under that premise ergo limitation doesn't really apply.

Whilst I understand what cloggy has quoted banks etc don't apply limitation. It's in their interest to refund ppi whatever the date.

That's the accepted standard which at the moment banks are following regardless of the limitation criteria as quoted above.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      ^^^^^^

CC - nah mate you're barking up the wrong tree with that mate

Limitation period doesn't come into this - or least; isn't (the FSA / OFT / FOS etc are dictating things remember)
      Really?

I'd prefer to trust statute law than the "good offices" of the Fundamentally Supine Authority, the Office of Faffing and Twaddling or the Fobbing Off Service, each of which seems to be prone to regulatory capture (link) and none of which can be relied upon for constancy as far as the consumer is concerned.

Comment

See my last post

I'm trying to keep it simple. That's all.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

PPI reclaims come under mis-sale of regulated product thus you reclaim under that premise ergo limitation doesn't really apply.

Whilst I understand what cloggy has quoted banks etc don't apply limitation. It's in their interest to refund ppi whatever the date.

That's the accepted standard which at the moment banks are following regardless of the limitation criteria as quoted above.
          Under section 32, the limitation period started when their mis-selling antics came to light.

In a few years, I expect that banks will start to use the Limitation Act to refuse payment on PPI claims.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
            Under section 32, the limitation period started when their mis-selling antics came to light.

In a few years, I expect that banks will start to use the Limitation Act to refuse payment on PPI claims.
            OR when it came to light by the customer ACCORDING to the date (+2 days) that the OC posted the SAR - so as to clarify the exact date I'd be demanding that as minimum if I was a customer and the bank started spouting s.32 limitations at me - that's what I'd do anyway

Comment

I'm trying to keep it simple. That's all.
              Which it is. The limitation period isn't even close to running out - but run out it will.

Whether that happens before the "consumer protection" agencies change their attitudes may be less certain. One factor may be the number of FOS or FSA employees who would like the reward of a big salary in the banking "industry".

Comment

I got this from HSBC to fill in re my PPI claim on a loan I got but couldnt make payments due to getting sack, I think I made 1 payment.
                I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

OR when it came to light by the customer ACCORDING to the date (+2 days) that the OC posted the SAR - so as to clarify the exact date I'd be demanding that as minimum if I was a customer and the bank started spouting s.32 limitations at me - that's what I'd do anyway
                  My personal opinion is that such an approach should succeed, or that the limitation period should start when the bank sent letters to all its customers telling them how they had been cheated.

But if a case should come before a pro-bank judge, then a more restrictive limit might apply.

Comment

Imagine if Waksman got it!!

Dear god

Comment

Or Andrew Smith, the thin-lipped goon who decided that penalty charges were not penalties...

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                        Or Andrew Smith, the thin-lipped goon who decided that penalty charges were not penalties...
                        What a complete TWAT. How can penalty charges not be
                        I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Do the SAR's need to be signed?

Comment

Originally posted by pooky2483 View Post
                            Do the SAR's need to be signed?
                            Not really, as there are other ways to ensure they have sent the data only to the data subject, whereas a squiggle on a bit of paper might prove precisely nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by pooky2483 View Post
                              What a complete TWAT.
                              I would not use that word to describe him, as it implies he has at least one useful function.

The evidence seems to suggest otherwise.

Comment

In your case one SAR to HSBC, one to crappy1, I each to to BB/YB and one to Santander
                                I just remembered, didnt BB get swallowed up by Santander? So what do I do regards SAR'ing - who?

Comment

Working...
                                X