GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HSBC Overdraft declined? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSBC Overdraft declined?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSBC Overdraft declined?

Hello everyone, had an HSBC advance account for about 8 month's and decided just incase of any oversights to apply for an overdraft of £100. Only a few clicks to go through but the answer was sorry!
    I then rang the phone line and was told it was due to the type of credits that go through my account. For instance they accept the DLA and Pension credit but not the Incapacity benefit. She said call in local branch and they could maybe overide the online decision.
    So called in the branch, but no-one could see me said the cashier, she said what online banking had said was correct they only accept certain types of credits.
    I had checked my Experian file and was all up to date and could see HSBC had done an ''Enquiry'' not sure if that means a full credit check?

I asked about the behaviour score, she said she couldn't tell me that, pressed her and she said it's pretty good?

My friend who is similar to me has a £250 overdraft and not far off being bankrupt So when my contract is up with this Advance account I'm off.
    Any thoughts on HSBC is this correct?4

Re: HSBC Overdraft declined?

Originally posted by misschillii View Post
    Any thoughts on HSBC?
    My thoughts on HSBC are not printable.

Suffice it to say that they involve novel uses for chopsticks.
    Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 28 February 2012, 19:48.

Comment

Originally posted by misschillii View Post
      I then rang the phone line and was told it was due to the type of credits that go through my account. For instance they accept the DLA and Pension credit but not the Incapacity benefit. . . . Any thoughts on HSBC is this correct?4
      Has HSBC Bank ever heard of the Equality Act 2010

Maybe you should accuse them of discrimination and see if that gets you the overdraft facility you want if all your other credit scoring is tickety-boo

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
        My thoughts on HSBC are not printable.

Suffice it to say that they involve novel uses for chopsticks.
        Yes chopsticks spring to mind too

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
          Has HSBC Bank ever heard of the Equality Act 2010

Maybe you should accuse them of discrimination and see if that gets you the overdraft facility you want if all your other credit scoring is tickety-boo
          I've got 2 prime credit cards 0% interest, but I did like HSBC's online banking, my ex husband had an overdraft with them and due to a serious illness was on incapacity benefit. But it was over 8 years ago,so they must have changed their policy. Amazing I got the Advance account as I have used my card on a plane so they must have some trust

Comment

I have an Halifax account and opened a Bank of Scotland account(another story!) But have an HSBC a/c as well. Its an advance account I pay £12.95 a month but when I applied for a smallish overdraft £250 it was also a get lost reply
            I rang up and was told similar, some of the money that goes in they do not accept as income. One of my incomes is that of a Carer and that has got to me, because I work hard for that carer's allowance. So as soon as I can leave as the advance is for 12 months, they can stick it. For some reason that upset me the most, I pay in over £500 as I took my income away from Halifax,thinking HSBC were better
            They send me in the post offers for insurance, savings etc. Also have never been overdrawn with them,use the debit card a fair bit etc.

Comment

Niddy have you any thought that are printable on HSBC's policy not accepting certain income?
              Have read your HSBC posts though

Comment

Originally posted by Bosieb View Post
                Niddy have you any thought that are printable on HSBC's policy not accepting certain income?
                Have read your HSBC posts though
                well overdrafts are deemed to be classed as ad-hoc short-term lending but a bank reserves the right to offer or remove one at will.

That said, they will use this as the underlying reason i.e. "we didn't want to offer one so we didn't" however we both know it's a funding issue, so you are free to transfer into HSBC £500 then move it to HBOS then back into HSBC which shows £1000 credits and meets all the criteria for an overdraft; as a salary credit is not dependant upon an acceptance - I should know!

Point is, why argue? Just bank elsewhere - you must know I'd smile if a black hole gobbled that bank up right now (staff included preferably) - I hate them. I left and now use HBOS myself - 8 months in I have a £2500 OD yet at HSBC after having an internal score of 84 at one point, would only allow £500 + £200 on overdrafts even though £70k per annum went through it.

They're strange
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Would a bank based in, say, Shanghai and/or Hong Kong accept profit from the opium trade as "income"?

Comment

Would a bank based in, say, Shanghai and/or Hong Kong accept profit from the opium trade as "income"?
                    I would suspect so yes, as we both know HSBC do such things (doesn't fidel castro bank with them as well as the bank of Cuba Revolutionary fund or summat mad like that??)
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

That made me laugh thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        They're strange
                        Do you mean they have supernumerary mammaries or was that a wry comment on the bank's chairman and CEO?

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          well overdrafts are deemed to be classed as ad-hoc short-term lending but a bank reserves the right to offer or remove one at will.

That said, they will use this as the underlying reason i.e. "we didn't want to offer one so we didn't" however we both know it's a funding issue, so you are free to transfer into HSBC £500 then move it to HBOS then back into HSBC which shows £1000 credits and meets all the criteria for an overdraft; as a salary credit is not dependant upon an acceptance - I should know!

Point is, why argue? Just bank elsewhere - you must know I'd smile if a black hole gobbled that bank up right now (staff included preferably) - I hate them. I left and now use HBOS myself - 8 months in I have a £2500 OD yet at HSBC after having an internal score of 84 at one point, would only allow £500 + £200 on overdrafts even though £70k per annum went through it.

They're strange
                          Agree, they are strange will go back to Halifax, I got with them their Clarity Card and it was pre-approved,overdraft.
                          I don't understand as my mate is in the doggy do's with money and they gave her an overdraft!!!!
                          I used to be with them initially when they were the old Midland Bank. Oh yes phone banking said they believed my behaviour score was quite decent? Yep strange bank.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosieb View Post
                            I don't understand as my mate is in the doggy do's with money and they gave her an overdraft!!!!
                            I used to be with them initially when they were the old Midland Bank. Oh yes phone banking said they believed my behaviour score was quite decent? Yep strange bank.
                            Simples!

They make more money by overcharging delinquent customers.

Comment

if they do they can stick it in their pipe and smoke it.

Comment

Working...
                              X