GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Roomtobreathe's UE Diary - Halifax CC-*Niddy Intervention - Resolved* - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roomtobreathe's UE Diary - Halifax CC-*Niddy Intervention - Resolved*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roomtobreathe's UE Diary - Halifax CC-*Niddy Intervention - Resolved*

Any developments from this thread about my Halifax CC will be recorded in here so I don't get confused!

As things stand Moorcroft have provided 2 letters stating that the original agreement can't be found so this account is UE and officially in dispute.

One down, four to go.

26th Jan 2012 - letter from capquest, want money possible litigation etc.
    31st Jan 2012 - phone calls from capquest to my place of work, together with calls at home.

31st Jan 2012 - letters to capquest, account ue and telephone/doorstep harassment
    [COLOR=red]2nd Feb 2012 - letter from capquest, holding collection whilst investigating
    4th Mar 2012 - letter from capquest, sending doorstep agent unless money paid
    13th Mar 2012 - letter from CQ, acc on hold until compliance officer has a shufty
    11th April 2012 - contact in writing only
    2nd May - Halifax statement
    23rd May 2012 - letter from Rob Way - formal demand for payment
    15th June 2012 - letter from Rob Way appointment for home visit etc
    2nd July 2012 - letter from Horwich Farrelly Solicitors, cough up, court action etc.
    9th July 2012 - sold in dispute letter to Horwich with copy of no cca via moorcroft
    13th July 2012 - letter from Horwich Farrelly, making necessary enquiries, collection will stop for now etc
    16th August 2012 - letter from Horwich Farrelly, still awaiting response from Halifax
    22nd August 2012 - CCA received together with letter from Horwich Farrelly asking for full payment.
    28th August 2012 - letter sent to horwich farrelly missing prescribed terms
    24th September 2012 - 8 sheets of plain paper A4 double sided T&Cs from Horwich Farrelly with a request to pay up within 10 days
    9th October 2012 - Letter from Halifax, iQor now been instructed.
    16th October 2012 - letter from iqor, payup.
    2nd November 2012 - credit card statement from Halifax!!!???
    16th November 2012 - letter from gpb solicitors, pay iqor or legal action will be commenced.
    4th December 2012 - letter from gpb, legal action pending

11th December 2012 - letter to gpb, formally in dispute
    23rd Jan 2013 - letter from iqor, agreement already sent, pay up
    9th April 2013 - Nelson Guest, 50% doscount
    2nd Dec 2013 - Letter from Halifax saying that BOS have flogged all rights, title and interest to 1st Credit (Finance). Also in the envelope a letter from 1stCredit introducing themselves.
    9th December 2013 letter from 1stcredit, bankruptcy proceedings being considered.
    16th December 2013 - letter from 1st credit threatening bankruptcy, might pass to Connaught Collections and giving a repayment plan offer of over £1k per month until the debt is settled.
    Last edited by roomtobreathe; 20 December 2013, 17:27.

Re: Roomtobreathe's UE Diary - Halifax CC

Been having and ignoring calls from CapQuest and now they have sent a letter outlining they have been referred to collect the debt. Usual waffle, possible litigation, doorstep visits, will pass to their 'solicitors' HL Legal etc.

This account is UE and Halifax confirm they can't find the agreement.

What steps next?

Comment

Originally posted by roomtobreathe View Post

This account is UE and Halifax confirm they can't find the agreement.

What steps next?
      Hi

I would send a copy of the letter confirming that they cannot find the agreement together with "Letter Previously Confirming No CCA" - link - to Capquest

MK
      One day at a time, with £34K of UE debt

LloydsTSB - For the (UE) journey NatWest/RBS Mint - (Un)Helpful banking
      Marbles - they lost 'em - and my CCA, what a shame

Comment

Reply from Capquest, calling off the dogs until they investigate further. Written like they're doing me a favour, tossers.

Comment

Well done on this, Room to Breathe
          Just out of interest, roughly what year was the card taken out?

kind regards,
          Shep x

Comment

It was taken out in 2005.

Comment

CapQuest now sent a letter asking for payment before they send ScotCall round. Interestingly not a mention of court or other legal schemes which is quite astute of them given they have failed to come up with an enforcable CCA.

Letter is attached as an image. Any thoughts on an appropriate response? Would like to do whatever I can to minimise the likelihod of a doorstep visit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	capq7mar2012.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	1385888
              Last edited by roomtobreathe; 7 March 2012, 18:19.

Comment

CapQuest now sent a letter asking for payment before they send ScotCall round. Interestingly not a mention of court or other legal schemes which is quite astute of them given they have failed to come up with an enforcable CCA.

Letter is attached as an image. Any thoughts on an appropriate response? Would like to do whatever I can to minimise the likelihod of a doorstep visit.

[ATTACH]3613[/ATTACH]
                Send them this.....>..... Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit me personally I would ignore if they do call tell them to do one...........
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks all, harassment template ready for the post in the morning. This is the second one that I'll have sent them, here's to them buggering off.

Comment

All the dcas make threats to visit but not many actually do it.

If they do turn up to collect your doorstep, tell them that you need it and they can sod off. Then close the door on them
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

roomtobreathe

Just out of interest, do you bank with Halifax/BoS/Lloyds, and if so, have they tried to apply any sanctions, such as removing your o/d facilities or taking the money from your account?

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by alangee View Post
                        roomtobreathe

Just out of interest, do you bank with Halifax/BoS/Lloyds, and if so, have they tried to apply any sanctions, such as removing your o/d facilities or taking the money from your account?

Alan
                        No, don't bank with any of them, just had CCs with Halifax and BoS.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                          All the dcas make threats to visit but not many actually do it.

If they do turn up to collect your doorstep, tell them that you need it and they can sod off. Then close the door on them
                          We've had two letters from the doorstep jockeys for other accounts saying they will call, and they both have regardless of what letters have been sent. They've always done it when I've been at work so Mrs RTB has been left to deal with them. The problem we have is that we're foster carers who have vulnerable children with us and often have a plethora of social workers and care professionals traipsing in and out of meetings at home. The worry we have is with a belligerent collector making a scene if we were having such a meeting. Could be very awkward.

Comment

We've had two letters from the doorstep jockeys for other accounts saying they will call, and they both have regardless of what letters have been sent. They've always done it when I've been at work so Mrs RTB has been left to deal with them. The problem we have is that we're foster carers who have vulnerable children with us and often have a plethora of social workers and care professionals traipsing in and out of meetings at home. The worry we have is with a belligerent collector making a scene if we were having such a meeting. Could be very awkward.
                            I think you've been unlucky having 2 visits from 2 letters. I've lost count of the number of threats I've had but only 1 visit (so far!)

I understand now why you're so worried about them calling

Could you add something to the harassment letter to explain the situation? Whether or not they'll take notice is another matter.
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

New letter from Horwich Farrelly, instructed by Robinson Way apparently, asking for full payment or court action may be taken blah, blah.

Letter ends with them reminding me that I can pay using a credit card

What a bunch!

Any template letters suggested? Remember that Halifax cannot find an agreement and have admitted it in a letter.

Comment

Working...
                              X