GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Rainbows UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rainbows UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rainbows UE Diary

Sorry I've not been around for quite some time but things have not been stress free for me recently and getting my head around to dealing with my finances again has had to take a major back step.

I've been struggling along with my depression for a number of months and trying to deal with my 17 year old son becoming a father at the end of July much to my disappointment.

The financial ombudsman have not been much help regarding me trying to get any of the £5k bank charges back from various banks accumulated mainly from when I was seriously ill in hospital and snowballed over the last few years. Don't know how they can be so callous but I guess I will just have to wear it.

Just as I'm trying to get myself thinking straight again the powers that be come along and pull the rug completely from under me. Mum, who has been an emotional strain on me for years, a major contributor to my depression but whom I still love dearly - passed away quite suddenly. I got a telephone call on the Monday evening around 8.30pm from the hospital to say that they didn't think she would last the night, I didn't know she was ill. She passed away at 6:29am on the Tuesday and since then my life has been a chaotic nightmare of death certificates, undertakers, churches, crems, family arguements, vultures circling etc etc etc. To try to keep things as calm as possible for Georgia (my 30 month old) I had to drive her up to Nana's in Newcastle - pretty much a 250 mile round trip to drop her off.

So if I see completely dipsy these days and get myself bogged down again in what it is that I am supposed to be doing please bear with me if you don't mind as I'm not too sure which way is up, but have to try to drag myself back into the swing of things as Barclays have sent a letter saying that they may be starting court proceedings.

Re: Rainbows UE Rocky Road

Hi Rainbow

Really sorry to hear about your dear mum - what a shock.... we'll speak later ok?

Back to Barclays, can you send this to them like asap - viewtopic.php?p=2319#p2319

As for the bank charges, what has happened with the FOS; exactly? Have they ruled in the lenders decision or have they said they cannot judge properly..? I need you to say what has happened....

Thanks, chat soon ok?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok I've taken a backwards step and tried to sit down and get my head back into gear, that is going to take quite some time as I was a dizzy blonde before everything else happened. Sorry.

Right, regarding Barclays loan I have sent you 3 emails. The first two are copies of letters that I previously asked you to look over and I had replied to them with one of your template letters asking for the true copy (I think we were going to try to blag it as you had previously said that the document was actually enforceable - but can't really remember, sorry)

The 3rd email is the letters that have recently started arriving from DEBT MANAGERS Ltd. I don't know if they are genuine Debt Management, Barclays trying their luck or if they have sold the debt on. So far I have not replied to any letter that they sent to me as they only arrived after Mum passing away and they were the last thing on my mind.

I have printed out the template letter that you suggested but was wondering if this is actually the correct letter that I should be sending seeing as I haven't previously contacted them, I've only contacted Barclays up to this point. They didn't reply when I asked them a second time for the true copy of the agreement back on 27th May 2010.

Phew! I actually think that I may have got myself up to speed with Barclays once I know what to send. Pity I can't afford to pay them off as really could do without the stress of this and they are the final debt showing on my credit file (due to fall off next June)

Comment

Hiya

Got the three emails but confused somewhat! Do you have 3 barclays accounts?

If not please tell me in detail what apccounts they relate to and what the progress is - its been too long for me to guess i'm afraid......

Thanks
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I need you to log-in so I can sort this, i'm deleting emails tonight so if no reply, then sorry you'll have to wait til i'm next around on UE which will be next weekend.....

Comment

Sorry I missed you, I've been away in the caravan for the weekend and have only nipped back briefly this evening before going to see the fireworks at Blackpool this evening.

I will get everything sorted and in the correct order for you tomorrow. Don't mean to cause confusion, but think that is my middle name at the mo.

Comment

Ok no probs - have a good night...

Comment

Hi, sorry I didn't get these to you sooner but as you had said that you wouldn't be around to the weekend I didn't rush them over as I didn't want to clutter your email.

I've emailed the letters to you again, hopefully in the right order this time.

All the attachments relate to the Barclays Loan that I took out years ago.

When I first CCA'd them they responded with the documents titles Barclays page 1, 2 & 3. You did check it over for me and I think you said that it was actually enforceable but that we would try to blag it. I forwarded them a copy of the next template letter that you suggested to me saying that the copy they had sent did not contain all the required information.

Barclays didn't reply to that letter but I have now been getting letters from "Debt Manager Ltd". I am unsure if Barclays have sold them the debt or if they are meant to be collecting it on behalf of Barclays.

Whilst I know that this really does need dealing with, and I do admit I've been an ostrich again recently with all that has been going on in my personal life, I am also of the opinion (slightly) after seeing a debt tv programme years ago that the key word to look for in any threatening letter is the word MAY. As in they "may instigate proceedings" and "may pass my details to credit reference agencies" - this account was defaulted years ago and is the last one to be showing on my credit file. The default for it is due to fall off my file next June as it will have served it's 6 years black mark against me. But the word "may" as I believe it to be means very little in these cases - as I have pointed out to others - I "may" win the lottery tomorrow, unlikely as I don't play it but you just never know.

Hopefully I have made all this alittle clearer now regarding the Barclays Loan.

Now I just need to sort out the FOS and let you have alook at those. Hopefully I will get chance over the weekend.

Many thanks again Niddy you are a life saver.

Comment

Hiya

Thanks for email, ok I think it all makes sense to me now (note the word hope).....

Ok, regards to the actual paperwork - as originally stated, it is unfortunately enforceable so you cannot claim UE with it. That said, why is it a 5yr loan, issued in 2000 but on letter "barclays 2" they state that the balance outstanding remains at £15,633.40 ;EEK - the original loan was £10k with repayments set at £233 - I also notice they added PPi to this loan?

So 10 years down the line, if you're not paying it will already be statute barred - well they say you have paid a total of £1,500 into it.... but it confuses me, i.e. the maths confuse me.

Ok, can you tell me what you've been doing with this, i.e. why is it still here after 10 years? So, when did you last pay, and how much did you pay? Are you currently paying? If so stop - immediately! Are you defaulted with this, with the CRA's? if so, when?

Tell me more basic info to help me understand things, be simple and miss out personal feelings so like this:

Got loan in 2000, made 1 payment then stopped. Been paying £20 per month ever since. No default registered - now being dealt with by a DCA called Debt managers....

Regards to debt managers - respond with this template - now listen to me, I know you're life isn't the greatest but you have to start doing what I suggest or you'll end up with a ccj or charging order - stop putting your head in the sand and do what I ask - yea?

So, send this to debt managers: --> viewtopic.php?p=2318#p2318 then answer my queries above, I need to know why the balance now is higher than the start and why a 5yr loan is still in existence after 10 years and when you last paid....

Thanks

Niddy

Comment

I had a 2 loans (Barclays & Egg) 3 credit cards (Barclays Mastercard, Barclaycard & Egg).

aprox 2001 couldn't afford to pay them back and after contacting CCCS I wrote and agreed to pay £1 per month to each of them (and 27p to Robinsonway for Gym membership) had been paying via standing order till speaking to you earlier this year.

Got all credit files and only Barclays loan still showing, others defaulted years ago and have now fallen off file. Barclays loan due to fall off next June - hopefully.

Hope this is what you mean, should you need anything else - Yell.

I will get that letter posted today and thanks again.

Comment

Hiya

You're missing my question - why is that loan outstanding? Read my last reply - specifically the loan that shows a £15k balance...... please stick to that account as it is important.

thanks

Comment

I only paid a few months before circumstances changed completely. Since then I have only paid £1 per month by agreement with them, until cancelling the standing order earlier this year.

As for it being £15k, the loan was for £10k I can't explain why it went to nearly £16k, that was a huge shock for me when I first read it and unfortunately didn't understand it. I didn't know it had PPI on it - maybe I could have used that in the first place but I don't think I would have been eligible.

My psychiatrist did write to them about 7 years ago saying that I hadn't been of sound mind when I took out the loan and hadn't understood it, but I've just kept paying £1 a month as that was all that I could afford after doing my financial statement

Comment

Originally posted by Rainbow Liberty
                          I only paid a few months before circumstances changed completely. Since then I have only paid £1 per month by agreement with them, until cancelling the standing order earlier this year.

As for it being £15k, the loan was for £10k I can't explain why it went to nearly £16k, that was a huge shock for me when I first read it and unfortunately didn't understand it. I didn't know it had PPI on it - maybe I could have used that in the first place but I don't think I would have been eligible.

My psychiatrist did write to them about 7 years ago saying that I hadn't been of sound mind when I took out the loan and hadn't understood it, but I've just kept paying £1 a month as that was all that I could afford after doing my financial statement
                          Hiya

Ok, we need to start afresh and start to diary things so we can try and sort all this once and for all - can you spend some time here and create a diary etc? Have a read here, and look at Pixies diary and see if you can duplicate the info requested - then we'll work out next moves cos you really gotta stop paying for these debts that will never go away at £1 p/w whatever...

Read this post and click the link at the bottom: ---> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=6789#p6789

Comment

Re: Rainbows UE Diary

Just looked at Pixie's it looks fairly easy to follow so will get everything listed for you asap.

Do you also want all the info regarding FOS and bank charges as well or does that come in a different place.

Comment

Re: Rainbows UE Diary

Originally posted by Rainbow Liberty
                              Just looked at Pixie's it looks fairly easy to follow so will get everything listed for you asap.

Do you also want all the info regarding FOS and bank charges as well or does that come in a different place.
                              Just add a line (make it a different colour) and add it in your dateline of events saying "letter sent to fos" or "letter received from fos"....

Hope that makes sense.... lets stick to the UE side of things, but make sure you detail all your outstanding complaints cos we'll omit these for the time being...

Comment

Working...
                              X