GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Fightinghard's Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fightinghard's Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fightinghard's Diary

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...NE-CREDIT-CARD

Linked from original Thread

I have opened this thread as a Diary as there are now 5 Debts being considered rather than the original one debt although 4 of these debts are post 2007 so probably UE will not be in the frame. A lot of blagging therefore hopefully to reach SB but if things get too heavy before then, well a reasonable F&F settlement in each case would be good.
    Last edited by fightinghard; 22 June 2015, 17:03.

Re: Fightinghard's Diary

Type of account: Capital One Credit Card
    Date commenced: - June 2002
    Approx. balance: - £2800
    Date of last Full payment: - March 2013
    Current Arrangement: - No payment made since April 2015 (Self-managed DMP before that from May 2013)
    Account owner: - Still with OC.

16 March 2015 - C.C.A. Request (Section 78) sent to Cap1.
    2 April 2015 - Recon. Documents (Photocopied Part of Application Form with Sigs. and T & C's received from Cap.1)
    22 April 2015 - Documents uploaded via secure thread
    29 April 2015 - Niddy feels that what was supplied appears ENFORCABLE although it does depend on whether or not the PT's and T&C's supplied under CCA request were present at inception.
    18 May 2015- Template Application Form Letter sent to Cap1.
    27 May 2015- Response from Cap1 advising they have complied with Section 78 and they consider the account enforceable.
    3 June 2015- Response uploaded via secure thread
    4 June 2015 - Niddy says it's a standard response and his 29 April view remains unchanged.
    9 June 2015 - Letter (along with statement of account) from Cap1 requesting missing May payment within 7 days or debt may be passed to DCA or a debt purchaser.
    LETTER IGNORED

Although Niddy feels this is ENFORCEABLE I have decided to try the UE route (being as this is a pre. 2007 agreement) but should this look like proving unsuccessful at the end of the day then will try and negotiate a reasonable F & F settlement.

As a matter of interest, while searching though the few financial papers I have retained over the years I discovered (among a long settled non-related debt paperwork!!!) two Monthly Credit Card Statements of this account from Cap1. dated Oct. and Nov. 2003 both showing P.P.I payments along with a letter from Cap1 dated August 2007 confirming that they have cancelled P.P.I as I requested. I had totally forgotten this account incorporated PPI and apparently for a period of some 5 years. I cannot recall whether I requested PPI at inception (unlikely) or whether it was one of those pre-ticked box affairs or something similar which I just accepted without question at the time. Unfortunately the photocopied part Application Form which came under the CCA request has nothing in it to clarify things.

Obviously there seems no point in making a PPI element claim at this stage as I am looking for total UE but I wonder whether I should SAR Cap1.to try and ascertain what agreements were reached originally in this respect. (I have in mind the Multiple Agreement aspect outlined by Niddy in his Guide to UE thread).

Advice in relation to this would be very much appreciated.
    Last edited by fightinghard; 22 June 2015, 16:55.

Comment

Type of account: Halifax Bank Unsecured Loan
      Date commenced: - April 2010
      Approx. balance: - £4500
      Current Arrangement: - No payment made since May 2015 (Self-managed DMP before that from May 2013)
      Account owner: - Still with OC

22 June 2015 -C.C.A Request (Section 77) using template letter sent with £1.00 P.O (and Proof of Posting).

Comment

Type of account: Halifax Clarity Credit Card
        Date commenced: - June 2011
        Approx. balance: - £1400
        Current Arrangement: - No payment made since May 2015 (Self-managed DMP before that from May 2013)

22 June 2015 -C.C.A Request (Section 78) using template letter sent with £1.00 P.O (and Proof of Posting)

Comment

Type of account: Vanquis Credit Card
          Date commenced: - April 2008
          Approx. balance: - £2100

22 June 2015 -C.C.A Request (Section 78) using template letter sent with £1.00 P.O and (Proof of Posting).

- - - Updated - - -
          Last edited by fightinghard; 22 June 2015, 17:08.

Comment

Type of account: Halifax Ultimate Reward Current Account
            Date commenced: - April 2010
            Approx. balance: - £600
            Account owner: - Still with OC but payments through Robinson Way

22 June 2015 - Template letter offering 15% F & F Settlement sent (with Proof of Posting)

Comment

let's see what comes back from that lot and go from there, don't stress, if it takes a year for them to find paperwork, all the better.

Comment

Well done on starting a diary fightinghard

It's worth trying to blag post 2007 debts as at least it buys you time to try and save for a F&F settlement should they come down hard. This is something I learned the hard way as, when I started my UE journey 5 years ago, I had a post 2007 debt which I didn't send a cca request for and got a ccj as a result
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi

Mrs D and Pixie

and thank you for your advice-it’s much appreciated.

I can confirm that I am definitely NOT going down the Prozac route with any of this lot, in fact, in a very masochistic sort of way, I am rather looking forward to the letter tennis (although the price of stamps and Postal Order charges are rather irritating for this old meanie!!!).
                  Anyway I will update the thread as and when things happen

Comment

Good Luck .....
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by fightinghard View Post
                      in a very masochistic sort of way, I am rather looking forward to the letter tennis (although the price of stamps and Postal Order charges are rather irritating for this old meanie!!!).
                      I used to quite look forward to the letter tennis too...it meant I was fighting back! The cost of stamps etc is ridiculous, more so now than 5 years ago. It's also very annoying that the dcas don't pay as much per letter because they're sending in bulk
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

All the luck xx
                        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

keep us updated soon!

Comment

Hiya
                            Thank you, Deepie and Nanna 58, for your good luck wishes, and to The Tech Clerk, as soon as anything pops through my letterbox from the creditors detailed in my early postings in this thread , I will certainly post details promptly in the relevant Section

Comment

I will also be following your journey good luck NW x

Comment

Working...
                              X