GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Fightinghard's Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fightinghard's Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fightinghard's Diary

Originally posted by fightinghard View Post
    Thanks- will do- wont be losing sleep though while waiting thats for sure !!
    no need for the Horlicks here!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Fightinghard's DiaryType of account: Halifax Ultimate Reward Current Account
      Date commenced: - April 2010
      Approx. balance: - £600
      Date of last Full payment: - March 2013
      Current Arrangement: - No payment made since May 2015 (Self-managed DMP before that from May 2013)
      Account owner: - Still with OC-but thro. Robinson Way(11/2013) then Moorcroft (10/2015) then Westcot (02/2016) then Capquest (8/2016).

22 June 2015 - Template letter offering 15% F & F Settlement sent (with Proof of Posting)
      03 July 2015 - Unsatisfactory (to me anyway) response from Robway so N.F.A. from me in this matter.
      16 Sept 2015 - Statement of account from RobWay ( with Halifax logo in letterhead !) covering period 11/14 to 06/15 ( Filed)
      18 Sept. 2015 - Letter from Robway advising that this account remains unpaid despite their repeated attempts to contact me and I can, therefore, telephone/email one of their trained debt advisers for help/advice in setting up an affordable re-payment plan. Details are also given of several organisations that can offer free, impartial, advice. (LETTER IGNORED)
      12 Oct. 2015 - Letter from Halifax Bank stating that as they have not been able to agree a suitable plan they have now transferred my HALIFAX debt to Debt Collection Agency Moorcroft Group PLC and have instructed Moorcroft to arrange collection of the outstanding amount. They request, therefore, that I contact Moorcroft a.s.a.p. to arrange repayment of the outstanding balance. (LETTER IGNORED)
      14 Oct. 2015 - Letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd. stating they have been instructed by Halifax to collect my overdue account and that I must now make payment in full or, alternatively, contact them immediately in order to reach a repayment agreement by 19th October, otherwise they may have no alternative but to take further debt recovery action, which both they and their client do not wish to take.
      17 Oct. 2015./22 Oct. 2015 - 2 'phone calls from different 0161 (Manchester area code) numbers. (Both calls were IGNORED but a Google search of the numbers showed both to be from Moorcroft).
      23 Oct. 2015 - Text from Moorcroft requesting I contact them immediately. (IGNORED)
      26 Oct 2015 - Letter received from Moorcroft headed POSSIBLE FURTHER ACTION and requesting payment proposals before 30/10/15 otherwise they may have no alternative other than to recommend that their clients consider possible further debt recovery action against me. They add that they will discuss a repayment programme that I can afford and maintain and that in certain circumstances they may be able to offer a substantial discount from the o/s balance.
      27 Oct. 2015 - Template Bank Account C.C.A. letter sent to Moorcroft (with proof of posting)
      5 Nov 2015
      - Letter from |Moorcroft acknowledging my query and advising that they will not contact me re. this account while the issue is being investigated and which investigation may take some time as they need to contact their client.
      24 November 2015- Letter from Moorcroft advising that they have been in touch with Halifax Bank who have requested that I confirm the specific dates I require copy statements from so they can deal with my request. Halifax also confirm that as the balance relates to a current account they are unable to provide a copy agreement. Moorcroft advise that the account has now been placed on hold while awaiting my response until 18 December 2015.- (IGNORED)1st Jan 2016 - Letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd (dated on Bank Holiday!!! but recd. 6 Jan) stating that to prevent possible further action I must send my payment proposals to them before 8 Jan 2016 - IGNORED
      15 Jan 2016 - letter from Moorcroft stating their concern that they have not received any payment proposals from me but that they are prepared to accept a sensible monthly repayment plan which reflects my financial circumstances. - IGNORED
      1 Feb 2016
      - letter from Moorcroft advising that as no agreement has been reached they have been asked to review my account to consider steps which may now be taken in relation to further debt recovery action including continued atempts to contact by phone/letter; referal to their Home Collection Division for a home visit and possible further adverse reporting entries on my Credit file- IGNORED
      10 Feb 2016 - Letter from Halifax Bank advising that as no suitable repayment plan has been agreed, this account has been transferred to Westcot Credit Services Ltd. with instruction to Westcot to arrange collection of the outstanding amount.- IGNORED.
      17 Feb. 2016- Letter from Wescot advising they have been instructed by their client- Halifax Current Account- to make contact with a view to discussing the outstanding balance and the repayment options available based on my personal circumstances and that it is essential I contact them within the next ten days. - (IGNORED)
      27th Feb. 2016 - Letter from Westcot stating that their enquiries have confirmed that I am , in fact, still resident at my current address and that it is essential I contact them urgently in order to take control of this issue otherwise they will continue to undertake activities including phone calls, texting and lettering to recover this account on behalf of Halifax Current Account. - (IGNORED)
      8 March 20156 - -Letter from Westcott regretting that they have not received a response from me but that in an attempt to close this matter their client has agreed to offer a significant discount to settle the account (which will be recorded on my credit file and I will not need to pay the remaining balance). However should I not contact them in this respect their client has instructed them to continue seeking recovery of the full balance. (IGNORED as advised by Forum Members)
      31 March 2016 - -Letter from Wescot basically offering me the opportunity to work with them in order to take control of the outstanding balance in a way most suitable to me but that if they are unable to discuss this matter with me and agree a way forward the account will be returned to their client in order for their client to consider the next steps required to recover the outstanding balance.(IGNORED)
      9 April 2016 -Letter from 2f (In a footnote to their letter, there is a statement that 2f is a trading name of Wescot Credit Services Ltd. ) headed "Confirmation of Residency" and stating that their enquiries indicate that I am resident at the address to which this letter has been sent. They also state that they have not been able to contact me in relation to a matter they are dealing with on behalf of Halifax Current Account and that it is important I speak to them directly on the provided 'phone number to resolve this issue otherwise Halifax Current Account reserves the right to take further additional action to re-establish contact with me..(IGNORED)
      19 Aug 2016 - Letter from Halifax Bank advising that as no suitable repayment plan has been agreed, this account has been transferred to Capquest Debt Recovery Ltd. with instruction to Capquest to arrange collection of the outstanding amount and that I should please contact Capquest a.s.a.p. to arrange repayments.
      30 Aug. 2016- Letter from Capquest introducing themselves and advising that they have been instructed by their client- Halifax Current Account- to make contact with a view to discussing the outstanding balance and the repayment options available based on my personal circumstances and that it is essential I contact them.
      (IGNORED)
      12 Sept. 2016- "Gee-up"Letter from Capquest reminding me that I haven't resolved my outstanding balance and that it is important I contact them to talk about repayment plans that I can afford.
      .(IGNORED)
      29 Sept.2016- Letter from Capquest pointing out that they have been unable to reach a solution with me as despite them writing to me I have not told them why my account hasn't been resolved and their team would really like to help me reach an affordable repayment plan. .(IGNORED)
      8 Oct. 2016- Letter from Capquest stating that they would like to offer a settlement figure to clear the outstanding balance and I should, therefore, just call them so their team may work with me to agree a settlement best suited to my circumstances
      .(IGNORED)

Telephone calls have dried up (probably because I never answered calls displaying their area code- 01252 as I know nobody in the Aldershot area ; instead I now get a weekly text (Mondays am and always from 07790 but different numbers following) asking me to contact them.

Comment

It looks as though you have things under control here.....Keep doing the same unless anything changes or there are any threats of legal action etc
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Fightinghard's Diary

Type of account: Halifax Bank Unsecured Loan
          Approx. balance: - £4500
          Current Arrangement: - No payment made since May 2015 (Self-managed DMP before that from May 2013)
          Account owner: - Still with OC

22 June 2015 -C.C.A Request (Section 77) using template letter sent with £1.00 P.O (and Proof of Posting).
          17/07/15 Letter from Halifax acknowledging receipt of my request under Section 77 (1) of the C.C.A. 1974 for this loan agreement and advising they are processing their response which will be with me shortly.
          10/08/15. Letter from Halifax (dated 04/08/15 ) the gist of which requests all missing payments to be made within 7 days of date of letter (i.e. payments by 11/08/15) otherwise further recovery action could be taken. (IGNORED)
          24/08/15 - received C.C.A.( with covering letter from Bank dated 20 July 2015 !!!)
          25/08/15 - letter requesting payment of arrears of payment plan or contact them to agree alternative repayment options otherwise they may commence legal action.
          (IGNORED)
          310/8/15 - C.C.A. sent to Niddy
          1/9/15 - Niddy says "quite simply as no signed page sent (which Creditor should hold if taken out in Branch) therefore as the paperwork sent to me is both undated and unsigned it technically has nothing to do with me hence advises that Missing PT's template letter should be sent.
          1/9/15 - Missing PT's template letter (sent with proof of posting)

11/09/15 - Letter from Retail Recoveries, Rosyth, advising that account has been passed to them and would I now cough up every last penny please or give them a call to discuss the position (Fat chance of either say I !!)
          11/09/15 - Response letter sent instructing Retail Recoveries to read carefully and assimilate the contents of my 1st. Sept. MPT template letter
          (to which I have yet to receive a response- probably a bit soon but they can take all the time they like.!)

16/9/2015 - Niddy advises that faults in this Agreement can be remedied and as post April 2007 it is now virtually impossible to be successful following the UE route.

I appreciate the situation and guess I will probably have to cough up something eventually but I intend to bugger them about as much as possible while saving the money I was paying them until I finally hit the brick wall. Hopefully this will be with a DCA by then and I am able to sort out an acceptable F & F. Even more hopefully of course it will drag on till SB but I am not holding my breath !!
          24/09/2015- Template letter from Halifax (dated 3 Sept. 2015) with C.C.A attached.
          Apart from the date on their template letter, everything is a straight photocopy of the documents Halifax supplied to me on 24 August 2015 hence containing the same faults as in that 24 August paperwork.
          In view if this I intend to send to them again the "Missing PT'S" template letter (unless anybody has any other suggestions).

07 /10/15 - Letter received from Halifax Bank stating that at present they are unable to locate the original agreement (this probably explains why the 2 recon, C.C.A.'s they have sent me contain identical errors) but their process has always been to obtain a signed credit agreement before granting any credit facility and the agreement was, therefore, validly executed and remains enforceable. They further state that default under S 77 does not relieve any liability to pay any interest or default sums nor prevent a default notice being issued (it already has been-in August 2013) and that as a matter of law the absence of the copy agreement (do they mean original agreement??) does not stop there being a valid agreement therefore under S. 127(1) C.C.A. 1974 the Court will allow the bank to enforce the agreement. The letter then outlines the nasty things that could/will happen to me if I fail to maintain repayments

07/06/ 2017- Letter received from Halifax Bank (Credit Operations Rectifications- Brighton) advising me that in November 2015 some changes were made to the system they used to manage my account which meant that when I missed payments on my account they didn’t write to let me know. They express sorrow that this happened and that it has taken so long for them to resolve and that they intend not to apply any interest to my loan or apply any charges for payments missed during this time. However they want to help me get my account back on track and to help with a repayment plan I can afford they enclose an Income and Expenditure form for my completion and return within the next 30 days otherwise interest and missed payment charges will begin to accrue.

I guess now I need to start the process all over again with a C. C. A. request and hope that they still can’t locate the original agreement (as they couldn’t last time in Oct. 2015) so I can go down the Missing PT’s route etc.
          Any advice will be appreciated tho.

Last edited by fightinghard; 8 August 2017, 16:13.

Comment

I guess now I need to start the process all over again with a C. C. A. request and hope that they still can’t locate the original agreement (as they couldn’t last time in Oct. 2015) so I can go down the Missing PT’s route etc.
            Any advice will be appreciated tho.

If they are currently in default of the CCA request by not providing the copy of agreement, the wisdom is not to send another CCA request.

If you are not planning to commence payments I would just file the letter and await their next move.

Comment

If it were me I would follow Still waving's advice......If they are in default of your request leave well alone.....

Why would you want to give them chance after chance of getting this right? This is tipped in your favour at the minute

I'd not worry about that waffle about interest charges being added to the account if you don't reply etc - They have already messed up......let them mess it up some more.....who's counting ???

Sit tight and see what comes next.......Silence will be your friend here

Comment

They further state that default under S 77 does not relieve any liability to pay any interest or default sums nor prevent a default notice being issued (it already has been-in August 2013) and that as a matter of law the absence of the copy agreement (do they mean original agreement??)

in November 2015 some changes were made to the system they used to manage my account which meant that when I missed payments on my account they didn’t write to let me know. They express sorrow that this happened and that it has taken so long for them to resolve and that they intend not to apply any interest to my loan or apply any charges for payments missed during this time.
                Originally posted by Spud View Post
                If it were me I would follow Still waving's advice......If they are in default of your request leave well alone.....
                Why would you want to give them chance after chance of getting this right? This is tipped in your favour at the minute
                I'd not worry about that waffle about interest charges being added to the account if you don't reply etc - They have already messed up......let them mess it up some more.....who's counting ???
                Sit tight and see what comes next.......Silence will be your friend here
                The Default Notice figures were probably wrong as well because of missed Interest and payment charges. I should file that letter away carefully!
                They are in default of their s.77 request.
                Silence is golden here.

Comment

Thanks very much Spud, Still Waving and Roger for your advice which I am going to follow. The letter is being ignored and is now attached to the previous paperwork and the file securely tucked away.
                  Will now just wait to see what comes next.
                  Again many thanks

Comment

• Fightinghard's Diary

Type of account: Halifax Bank Unsecured Loan

22 June 2015 -C.C.A Request (Section 77) using template letter sent with £1.00 P.O (and Proof of Posting).
                    17/07/15 Letter from Halifax acknowledging receipt of my request under Section 77 (1) of the C.C.A. 1974 for this loan agreement and advising they are processing their response which will be with me shortly.
                    10/08/15. Letter from Halifax (dated 04/08/15 ) the gist of which requests all missing payments to be made within 7 days of date of letter (i.e. payments by 11/08/15) otherwise further recovery action could be taken. (IGNORED)
                    24/08/15 - received C.C.A.( with covering letter from Bank dated 20 July 2015 !!!)
                    25/08/15 - letter requesting payment of arrears of payment plan or contact them to agree alternative repayment options otherwise they may commence legal action.
                    (IGNORED)
                    1/9/15 - Niddy says "quite simply as no signed page sent (which Creditor should hold if taken out in Branch) therefore as the paperwork sent to me is both undated and unsigned it technically has nothing to do with me hence advises that Missing PT's template letter should be sent.

11/09/15 - Letter from Retail Recoveries, Rosyth, advising that account has been passed to them and would I now cough up every last penny please or give them a call to discuss the position (Fat chance of either say I !!)
                    11/09/15 - Response letter sent instructing Retail Recoveries to read carefully and assimilate the contents of my 1st. Sept. MPT template letter
                    (to which I have yet to receive a response- probably a bit soon but they can take all the time they like.!)

16/9/2015 - Niddy advises that faults in this Agreement can be remedied and as post April 2007 it is now virtually impossible to be successful following the UE route.

I appreciate the situation and guess I will probably have to cough up something eventually but I intend to bugger them about as much as possible while saving the money I was paying them until I finally hit the brick wall. Hopefully this will be with a DCA by then and I am able to sort out an acceptable F & F. Even more hopefully of course it will drag on till SB but I am not holding my breath !!
                    24/09/2015- Template letter from Halifax (dated 3 Sept. 2015) with C.C.A attached.
                    Apart from the date on their template letter, everything is a straight photocopy of the documents Halifax supplied to me on 24 August 2015 hence containing the same faults as in that 24 August paperwork.
                    In view if this I intend to send to them again the "Missing PT'S" template letter (unless anybody has any other suggestions).

07 /10/15 - Letter received from Halifax Bank stating that at present they are unable to locate the original agreement (this probably explains why the 2 recon, C.C.A.'s they have sent me contain identical errors) but their process has always been to obtain a signed credit agreement before granting any credit facility and the agreement was, therefore, validly executed and remains enforceable. They further state that default under S 77 does not relieve any liability to pay any interest or default sums nor prevent a default notice being issued (it already has been-in August 2013) and that as a matter of law the absence of the copy agreement (do they mean original agreement??) does not stop there being a valid agreement therefore under S. 127(1) C.C.A. 1974 the Court will allow the bank to enforce the agreement. The letter then outlines the nasty things that could/will happen to me if I fail to maintain repayments

07/06/ 2017- Letter received from Halifax Bank (Credit Operations Rectifications- Brighton) advising me that in November 2015 some changes were made to the system they used to manage my account which meant that when I missed payments on my account they didn’t write to let me know. They express sorrow that this happened and that it has taken so long for them to resolve and that they intend not to apply any interest to my loan or apply any charges for payments missed during this time. However they want to help me get my account back on track and to help with a repayment plan I can afford they enclose an Income and Expenditure form for my completion and return within the next 30 days otherwise interest and missed payment charges will begin to accrue.
                    (IGNORED)
                    25/07/2017 - Letter from Halifax Bank (Credit Operations Rosyth) advising that as no suitable repayment plan has been agreed, the matter has been transferred to Robinson Way D.C.A. with instructions for them to collect the outstanding amount
                    26/07/2017 - Letter from Robinson Way requesting I contact them in order to arrange a suitable repayment plan.

Comment

• For what it is worth Halifax appointed Robs Way with my CCA
                      I had the pleasure of ignoring Robber Way for something like SIX or more months and then eventually Halifax sold it to Cabot.
                      Txt's Phone etc.. I have a manual record of these which never needed to be answered.
                      Last edited by Roger; 9 August 2017, 09:34.

Comment

• Thanks Roger for this piece of information. I shall be attempting a similar approach by NON-dealng!! with this D.C.A. for as long as possible. I guess RobWay will eventually send it back to Halifax who will then send another D.C.A. after me. All the time the months to Statue Barred are ticking away!!.

Comment

• Type of account: Halifax Bank Unsecured Loan

(IGNORED)

(IGNORED)
                          25/07/2017 - Letter from Halifax Bank (Credit Operations Rosyth) advising that as no suitable repayment plan has been agreed, the matter has been transferred to Robinson Way D.C.A. with instructions for them to collect the outstanding amount
                          26/07/2017 - Letter from Robinson Way requesting I contact them in order to arrange a suitable repayment plan.(IGNORED)
                          12/08/2017 - Lettter from RobWay requesting I contact them to discuss the best way forward. (IGNORED)
                          03/09/2107 - Letter from Robway advising they can offer a reduction to the balance and I should call them to take advantage of this. (IGNORED).

No details of the amount of reduction offered so am treating this as a "phishing" letter

04/09/2017 - Letter/Statement from Halifax Bank covering year Oct.2017-Sept.2017.
                          Last edited by fightinghard; 9 October 2017, 00:34. Reason: (This should read Oct.2016-Sept. 2017 - unforgivable typo error- must take more care !!)

Comment

• annual stement i.e:- Oct 2016 to Sept 2017?

Comment

• Many thanks The Tech Clerk for poining out this error- I have edited my post accordingly.

Comment

Type of account: Vanquis Credit Card
                                Date commenced: - April 2008
                                Approx. balance: - 拢2100
                                Current Arrangement: - (Self organised arrangement from Dec 2013)

22 June 2015 -C.C.A Request (Section 78) using template letter sent with 拢1.00 P.O and (Proof of Posting).
                                4 July 2015 - C.C.A. Documents relating to this Digital Signature Application received and uploaded via the online Portal for Niddy to peruse and advise.
                                4 July 2015 - Niddy points out (#21) that as post 2007 agreement, S127 (3-6) cant apply therefore cant utilise UE.

Rather guessed that would be the case so will have to blag it as suggested.

A couple of points of clarification would be appreciated however:

a) this creditor issued a Default Notice on 17 October 2013 but Noddle does not record a Default, just AR markers each monthly from July 2013 onwards and the account status is still shown as UP TO DATE (as at May 2015).
                                b} the Default Notice appears to be contradictory in that the paragraph referring to action which MAY be taken if I have not remedied the breach before the date shown (i.e. 5 November 2013) is immediately followed by a paragraph saying that if I have not taken the aforementioned steps ( which I assume refers to payment sufficient to clear the arrears, as mentioned earlier in the Default Notice) within the time scale indicated (again I assume that to be 5 November 2013) (I.E. DONE EXACTLY THE SAME THING ) then specified actions WILL be taken against me.
                                The creditor appears therefore not to have not detailed the actions which MAY be taken should I not remedy the breach, instead he has detailed the actions which WILL be taken.
                                In the event I did NOT remedy the breach within the time scale indicated but the creditor did NOT implement the resulting actions and consequently has not complied with his Default Notice.
                                Can anybody please advise whether a) is ok or maybe some sneaky way by the creditor of extending a bad credit reference period for some reason and
                                b) indicative of a defective Default Notice or is it just "de minimis" (or have I lost the plot!!!)

I am attaching a redacted Default Notice - oct. 2013 - Copy_Redacted.jpgcopy of the DN in question to hopefully make things clear

24 January 2018 -An update in respect of this account.

As Niddy advised, in July 2015, that this was an enforcable agreement I eventually decided, instead of blagging it, to continue with the small monthly repayments that I had eventually managed to get this lot to agree to in Dec 2013, some 3 months after my original request to them in July 2013 during which 3 months there was an appalling amount of wilful non- co-operation on their part including totally ignoring my written requests for written responses to my letters despite O.F.T. guidelines. The only way I could get any response was through text and e.mail and in fact their agreement eventually came by means of email. (all of these texts and emails ,along with their agreement email are archived by me) and I have been making the small monthly payments since then.
                                However I have heard nothing from them at all since Dec 2013 until this month (Jan. 2018) when I received a letter from them asking me to complete an attached income/expenditure form so they could consider whether the current arrangements were still suitable.
                                I am not going to do as they ask as this account will, in any case now be fully paid off later this year under the existing arrangement and I can then say good riddance but I would, as a matter of interest, just like to know whether they should, in fact have been in contact with me regularly throughout the last 4.5 years to reconsider my circumstances or even just to supply an annual statement of account since it does seem, judging from my 2013 experiences in trying to deal with them, that they feel Consumer legislation and Guidelines don’t apply in their case. (Maybe thing have changed since the Crook in charge was recently forced to quite after seriously fouling things up at the parent Company).
                                Anyway any comments would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X