GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Fightinghard's Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fightinghard's Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fightinghard's Diary

Totally agree, Wait it out and see what comes next

It might be a bit early for Westcot to pass it back yet as they have not had it that long so most likely they will write again with ever more scary stories...
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Spud View Post
      Totally agree, Wait it out and see what comes next

It might be a bit early for Westcot to pass it back yet as they have not had it that long so most likely they will write again with ever more scary stories...
      Wetclothsssssssssss
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
        Wetclothsssssssssss
        Thanks everybody for your suggestions which are unanimous in recommending the "ignore" approach. I am indeed going to sit this out and see what come next. (There have been a few, sporadic, phone calls from this lot- (same number each time and as specified in their letterheads) and a couple of text messages asking for my urgent contact but all of these have not been answered and will continue to be so.

Comment

Re: Fightinghard's DiaryType of account: Halifax Ultimate Reward Current Account
          Date commenced: - April 2010
          Approx. balance: - £600
          Date of last Full payment: - March 2013
          Current Arrangement: - No payment made since May 2015 (Self-managed DMP before that from May 2013)
          Account owner: - Still with OC-but thro. Robinson Way(11/2013) then Moorcroft (10/2015) then Westcot (02/2016)

22 June 2015 - Template letter offering 15% F & F Settlement sent (with Proof of Posting)
          03 July 2015 - Unsatisfactory (to me anyway) response from Robway so N.F.A. from me in this matter.
          16 Sept 2015 - Statement of account from RobWay ( with Halifax logo in letterhead !) covering period 11/14 to 06/15
          ( Filed)
          18 Sept. 2015 - Letter from Robway advising that this account remains unpaid despite their repeated attempts to contact me and I can, therefore, telephone/email one of their trained debt advisers for help/advice in setting up an affordable re-payment plan. Details are also given of several organisations that can offer free, impartial, advice. (LETTER IGNORED)
          12 Oct. 2015 - Letter from Halifax Bank stating that as they have not been able to agree a suitable plan they have now transferred my HALIFAX debt to Debt Collection Agency Moorcroft Group PLC and have instructed Moorcroft to arrange collection of the outstanding amount. They request, therefore, that I contact Moorcroft a.s.a.p. to arrange repayment of the outstanding balance.
          (LETTER IGNORED)
          14 Oct. 2015 - Letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd. stating they have been instructed by Halifax to collect my overdue account and that I must now make payment in full or, alternatively, contact them immediately in order to reach a repayment agreement by 19th October, otherwise they may have no alternative but to take further debt recovery action, which both they and their client do not wish to take.
          17 Oct. 2015./22 Oct. 2015 - 2 'phone calls from different 0161 (Manchester area code) numbers. (Both calls were IGNORED but a Google search of the numbers showed both to be from Moorcroft).
          23 Oct. 2015 - Text from Moorcroft requesting I contact them immediately. (IGNORED)
          26 Oct 2015 - Letter received from Moorcroft headed POSSIBLE FURTHER ACTION and requesting payment proposals before 30/10/15 otherwise they may have no alternative other than to recommend that their clients consider possible further debt recovery action against me. They add that they will discuss a repayment programme that I can afford and maintain and that in certain circumstances they may be able to offer a substantial discount from the o/s balance.
          27 Oct. 2015 - Template Bank Account C.C.A. letter sent to Moorcroft (with proof of posting)
          5 Nov 2015 - Letter from |Moorcroft acknowledging my query and advising that they will not contact me re. this account while the issue is being investigated and which investigation may take some time as they need to contact their client.
          24 November 2015- Letter from Moorcroft advising that they have been in touch with Halifax Bank who have requested that I confirm the specific dates I require copy statements from so they can deal with my request. Halifax also confirm that as the balance relates to a current account they are unable to provide a copy agreement. Moorcroft advise that the account has now been placed on hold while awaiting my response until 18 December 2015.-
          (IGNORED)1st Jan 2016 - Letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd (dated on Bank Holiday!!! but recd. 6 Jan) stating that to prevent possible further action I must send my payment proposals to them before 8 Jan 2016 - IGNORED
          15 Jan 2016 - letter from Moorcroft stating their concern that they have not received any payment proposals from me but that they are prepared to accept a sensible monthly repayment plan which reflects my financial circumstances. -
          IGNORED
          1 Feb 2016 - letter from Moorcroft advising that as no agreement has been reached they have been asked to review my account to consider steps which may now be taken in relation to further debt recovery action including continued atempts to contact by phone/letter; referal to their Home Collection Division for a home visit and possible further adverse reporting entries on my Credit file-
          IGNORED.
          10 Feb 2016 - Letter from Halifax Bank advising that as no suitable repayment plan has been agreed, this account has been transferred to Westcot Credit Services Ltd. with instruction to Westcot to arrange collection of the outstanding amount.-
          IGNORED.
          17 Feb. 216- Letter from Wescot advising they have been instructed by their client- Halifax Current Account- to make contact with a view to discussing the outstanding balance and the repayment options available based on my personal circumstances and that it is essential I contact them within the next ten days. - (IGNORED)
          27th Feb. 2016 - Letter from Westcot stating that their enquiries have confirmed that I am , in fact, still resident at my current address and that it is essential I contact them urgently in order to take control of this issue otherwise they will continue to undertake activities including phone calls, texting and lettering to recover this account on behalf of Halifax Current Account. - (IGNORED)
          8 March 20156 - -Letter from Westcott regretting that they have not received a response from me but that in an attempt to close this matter their client has agreed to offer a significant discount to settle the account (which will be recorded on my credit file and I will not need to pay the remaining balance). However should I not contact them in this respect their client has instructed them to continue seeking recovery of the full balance. (IGNORED as advised by Forum Members)
          31 March 2016 - -Letter from Wescot basically offering me the opportunity to work with them in order to take control of the outstanding balance in a way most suitable to me but that if they are unable to discuss this matter with me and agree a way forward the account will be returned to their client in order for their client to consider the next steps required to recover the outstanding balance.

As far as I am concerned, I am already "taking control in a way most suitable to me" !! so this letter will be ignored and I'll let them return the account to their client so it can then, I guess, be passed on to yet another D.C.A.
          I wonder who will be next?

Comment

Re: Fightinghard's DiaryType of account: Halifax Ultimate Reward Current Account
            Current Arrangement: - No payment made since May 2015 (Self-managed DMP before that from May 2013)
            Account owner: - Still with OC-but thro. Robinson Way(11/2013) then Moorcroft (10/2015) then Westcot (02/2016)

22 June 2015 - Template letter offering 15% F & F Settlement sent (with Proof of Posting)
            03 July 2015 - Unsatisfactory (to me anyway) response from Robway so N.F.A. from me in this matter.
            16 Sept 2015 - Statement of account from RobWay ( with Halifax logo in letterhead !) covering period 11/14 to 06/15
            ( Filed)
            18 Sept. 2015 - Letter from Robway advising that this account remains unpaid despite their repeated attempts to contact me and I can, therefore, telephone/email one of their trained debt advisers for help/advice in setting up an affordable re-payment plan. Details are also given of several organisations that can offer free, impartial, advice. (LETTER IGNORED)
            12 Oct. 2015 - Letter from Halifax Bank stating that as they have not been able to agree a suitable plan they have now transferred my HALIFAX debt to Debt Collection Agency Moorcroft Group PLC and have instructed Moorcroft to arrange collection of the outstanding amount. They request, therefore, that I contact Moorcroft a.s.a.p. to arrange repayment of the outstanding balance.
            (LETTER IGNORED)
            14 Oct. 2015 - Letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd. stating they have been instructed by Halifax to collect my overdue account and that I must now make payment in full or, alternatively, contact them immediately in order to reach a repayment agreement by 19th October, otherwise they may have no alternative but to take further debt recovery action, which both they and their client do not wish to take.
            17 Oct. 2015./22 Oct. 2015 - 2 'phone calls from different 0161 (Manchester area code) numbers. (Both calls were IGNORED but a Google search of the numbers showed both to be from Moorcroft).
            23 Oct. 2015 - Text from Moorcroft requesting I contact them immediately. (IGNORED)
            26 Oct 2015 - Letter received from Moorcroft headed POSSIBLE FURTHER ACTION and requesting payment proposals before 30/10/15 otherwise they may have no alternative other than to recommend that their clients consider possible further debt recovery action against me. They add that they will discuss a repayment programme that I can afford and maintain and that in certain circumstances they may be able to offer a substantial discount from the o/s balance.
            27 Oct. 2015 - Template Bank Account C.C.A. letter sent to Moorcroft (with proof of posting)
            5 Nov 2015 - Letter from |Moorcroft acknowledging my query and advising that they will not contact me re. this account while the issue is being investigated and which investigation may take some time as they need to contact their client.
            24 November 2015- Letter from Moorcroft advising that they have been in touch with Halifax Bank who have requested that I confirm the specific dates I require copy statements from so they can deal with my request. Halifax also confirm that as the balance relates to a current account they are unable to provide a copy agreement. Moorcroft advise that the account has now been placed on hold while awaiting my response until 18 December 2015.-
            (IGNORED)1st Jan 2016 - Letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd (dated on Bank Holiday!!! but recd. 6 Jan) stating that to prevent possible further action I must send my payment proposals to them before 8 Jan 2016 - IGNORED
            15 Jan 2016 - letter from Moorcroft stating their concern that they have not received any payment proposals from me but that they are prepared to accept a sensible monthly repayment plan which reflects my financial circumstances. -
            IGNORED
            1 Feb 2016 - letter from Moorcroft advising that as no agreement has been reached they have been asked to review my account to consider steps which may now be taken in relation to further debt recovery action including continued atempts to contact by phone/letter; referal to their Home Collection Division for a home visit and possible further adverse reporting entries on my Credit file-
            IGNORED.
            10 Feb 2016 - Letter from Halifax Bank advising that as no suitable repayment plan has been agreed, this account has been transferred to Westcot Credit Services Ltd. with instruction to Westcot to arrange collection of the outstanding amount.-
            IGNORED.
            17 Feb. 216- Letter from Wescot advising they have been instructed by their client- Halifax Current Account- to make contact with a view to discussing the outstanding balance and the repayment options available based on my personal circumstances and that it is essential I contact them within the next ten days. - (IGNORED)
            27th Feb. 2016 - Letter from Westcot stating that their enquiries have confirmed that I am , in fact, still resident at my current address and that it is essential I contact them urgently in order to take control of this issue otherwise they will continue to undertake activities including phone calls, texting and lettering to recover this account on behalf of Halifax Current Account. - (IGNORED)
            8 March 20156 - -Letter from Westcott regretting that they have not received a response from me but that in an attempt to close this matter their client has agreed to offer a significant discount to settle the account (which will be recorded on my credit file and I will not need to pay the remaining balance). However should I not contact them in this respect their client has instructed them to continue seeking recovery of the full balance. (IGNORED as advised by Forum Members)
            31 March 2016 - -Letter from Wescot basically offering me the opportunity to work with them in order to take control of the outstanding balance in a way most suitable to me but that if they are unable to discuss this matter with me and agree a way forward the account will be returned to their client in order for their client to consider the next steps required to recover the outstanding balance.(IGNORED)
            9 April 2016 -Letter from 2f (In a footnote to their letter, there is a statement that 2f is a trading name of Wescot Credit Services Ltd. ) headed "Confirmation of Residency" and stating that their enquiries indicate that I am resident at the address to which this letter has been sent. They also state that they have not been able to contact me in relation to a matter they are dealing with on behalf of Halifax Current Account and that it is important I speak to them directly on the provided 'phone number to resolve this issue otherwise Halifax Current Account reserves the right to take further additional action to re-establish contact with me.

I wonder why Wescot have decided to use this other trading name- just an attempted " frightener" perhaps!. Anyway there have been a few sporadic phone calls since the 31st March letter, (all of which have not been answered thanks to caller display) and I intend again to "lie low" with regards to this letter and wait and see what "further action to re-establish contact with me" entails.

Comment

Think I would wait and see what delights they send next xxxx
              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Re: Fightinghard's Diary

Account owner: - Still with OC-but thro. Robinson Way(11/2013) then Moorcroft (10/2015) then Westcot (02/2016) then Capquest (8/2016).

( Filed)
                (LETTER IGNORED)
                IGNORED
                IGNORED.
                IGNORED.
                31 March 2016 - -Letter from Wescot basically offering me the opportunity to work with them in order to take control of the outstanding balance in a way most suitable to me but that if they are unable to discuss this matter with me and agree a way forward the account will be returned to their client in order for their client to consider the next steps required to recover the outstanding balance.(IGNORED)
                9 April 2016 -Letter from 2f (In a footnote to their letter, there is a statement that 2f is a trading name of Wescot Credit Services Ltd. ) headed "Confirmation of Residency" and stating that their enquiries indicate that I am resident at the address to which this letter has been sent. They also state that they have not been able to contact me in relation to a matter they are dealing with on behalf of Halifax Current Account and that it is important I speak to them directly on the provided 'phone number to resolve this issue otherwise Halifax Current Account reserves the right to take further additional action to re-establish contact with me.
                19 Aug 2016 - Letter from Halifax Bank advising that as no suitable repayment plan has been agreed, this account has been transferred to Capquest Debt Recovery Ltd. with instruction to Capquest to arrange collection of the outstanding amount and that I should please contact Capquest a.s.a.p. to arrange repayments.

I thought the lull since the last Halifax letter in April was too good to last!! - I expect now a further round of 'phone calls (which wont get answered) and letters (which,with luck I will be able to ignore) until hopefully this lot will throw in the towel like the previous 3 have.

Comment

Capquest - begging letters - all scribe and no clout!

Comment

Capquest - begging letters - all scribe and no clout!
                    Thanks for this re-assurance
                    Dont mind the scribe bit- so easy just to file letters away. Don't really want the other part though-way too much hassle I expect !!!.

Comment

just keep an eye out for any threatening content from them, if so report back here!

Comment

Account owner: - Still with OC-but thro. Robinson Way(11/2013) then Moorcroft (10/2015) then Westcot (02/2016) then Capquest (8/2016).

16 Sept 2015 - Statement of account from RobWay ( with Halifax logo in letterhead !) covering period 11/14 to 06/15 ( Filed)
                        12 Oct. 2015 - Letter from Halifax Bank stating that as they have not been able to agree a suitable plan they have now transferred my HALIFAX debt to Debt Collection Agency Moorcroft Group PLC and have instructed Moorcroft to arrange collection of the outstanding amount. They request, therefore, that I contact Moorcroft a.s.a.p. to arrange repayment of the outstanding balance. (LETTER IGNORED)
                        5 Nov 2015
                        - Letter from |Moorcroft acknowledging my query and advising that they will not contact me re. this account while the issue is being investigated and which investigation may take some time as they need to contact their client.
                        24 November 2015- Letter from Moorcroft advising that they have been in touch with Halifax Bank who have requested that I confirm the specific dates I require copy statements from so they can deal with my request. Halifax also confirm that as the balance relates to a current account they are unable to provide a copy agreement. Moorcroft advise that the account has now been placed on hold while awaiting my response until 18 December 2015.- (IGNORED)1st Jan 2016 - Letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd (dated on Bank Holiday!!! but recd. 6 Jan) stating that to prevent possible further action I must send my payment proposals to them before 8 Jan 2016 - IGNORED15 Jan 2016 - letter from Moorcroft stating their concern that they have not received any payment proposals from me but that they are prepared to accept a sensible monthly repayment plan which reflects my financial circumstances. - IGNORED1 Feb 2016 - letter from Moorcroft advising that as no agreement has been reached they have been asked to review my account to consider steps which may now be taken in relation to further debt recovery action including continued atempts to contact by phone/letter; referal to their Home Collection Division for a home visit and possible further adverse reporting entries on my Credit file- IGNORED.
                        IGNORED.
                        17 Feb. 2016- Letter from Wescot advising they have been instructed by their client- Halifax Current Account- to make contact with a view to discussing the outstanding balance and the repayment options available based on my personal circumstances and that it is essential I contact them within the next ten days. - (IGNORED)
                        9 April 2016 -Letter from 2f (In a footnote to their letter, there is a statement that 2f is a trading name of Wescot Credit Services Ltd. ) headed "Confirmation of Residency" and stating that their enquiries indicate that I am resident at the address to which this letter has been sent. They also state that they have not been able to contact me in relation to a matter they are dealing with on behalf of Halifax Current Account and that it is important I speak to them directly on the provided 'phone number to resolve this issue otherwise Halifax Current Account reserves the right to take further additional action to re-establish contact with me..(IGNORED)
                        19 Aug 2016 - Letter from Halifax Bank advising that as no suitable repayment plan has been agreed, this account has been transferred to Capquest Debt Recovery Ltd. with instruction to Capquest to arrange collection of the outstanding amount and that I should please contact Capquest a.s.a.p. to arrange repayments.
                        30 Aug. 2016- Letter from Capquest introducing themselves and advising that they have been instructed by their client- Halifax Current Account- to make contact with a view to discussing the outstanding balance and the repayment options available based on my personal circumstances and that it is essential I contact them.

Ok- Received first letter from Capquest followed the next day (today 31st) by telephone call. (Unknown number shown and call therefore ignored as is my way with such numbers,but subsequent Google search showed it to have been Capquest so I have allocated their number a "silent" ringtone and I will not now be bothered with any phone persistence on their part but their calls will register and enable me to record them in my files at my leisure.

Comment

just keep an eye out for any threatening content from them, if so report back here!
                          Thanks- will most certainly do that !

Comment

16 Sept 2015 - Statement of account from RobWay ( with Halifax logo in letterhead !) covering period 11/14 to 06/15 ( Filed)
                            12 Oct. 2015 - Letter from Halifax Bank stating that as they have not been able to agree a suitable plan they have now transferred my HALIFAX debt to Debt Collection Agency Moorcroft Group PLC and have instructed Moorcroft to arrange collection of the outstanding amount. They request, therefore, that I contact Moorcroft a.s.a.p. to arrange repayment of the outstanding balance. (LETTER IGNORED)
                            5 Nov 2015
                            - Letter from |Moorcroft acknowledging my query and advising that they will not contact me re. this account while the issue is being investigated and which investigation may take some time as they need to contact their client.
                            24 November 2015- Letter from Moorcroft advising that they have been in touch with Halifax Bank who have requested that I confirm the specific dates I require copy statements from so they can deal with my request. Halifax also confirm that as the balance relates to a current account they are unable to provide a copy agreement. Moorcroft advise that the account has now been placed on hold while awaiting my response until 18 December 2015.- (IGNORED)1st Jan 2016 - Letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd (dated on Bank Holiday!!! but recd. 6 Jan) stating that to prevent possible further action I must send my payment proposals to them before 8 Jan 2016 - IGNORED
                            15 Jan 2016 - letter from Moorcroft stating their concern that they have not received any payment proposals from me but that they are prepared to accept a sensible monthly repayment plan which reflects my financial circumstances. - IGNORED
                            1 Feb 2016
                            - letter from Moorcroft advising that as no agreement has been reached they have been asked to review my account to consider steps which may now be taken in relation to further debt recovery action including continued atempts to contact by phone/letter; referal to their Home Collection Division for a home visit and possible further adverse reporting entries on my Credit file- IGNORED
                            10 Feb 2016 - Letter from Halifax Bank advising that as no suitable repayment plan has been agreed, this account has been transferred to Westcot Credit Services Ltd. with instruction to Westcot to arrange collection of the outstanding amount.- IGNORED.
                            17 Feb. 2016- Letter from Wescot advising they have been instructed by their client- Halifax Current Account- to make contact with a view to discussing the outstanding balance and the repayment options available based on my personal circumstances and that it is essential I contact them within the next ten days. - (IGNORED)
                            9 April 2016 -Letter from 2f (In a footnote to their letter, there is a statement that 2f is a trading name of Wescot Credit Services Ltd. ) headed "Confirmation of Residency" and stating that their enquiries indicate that I am resident at the address to which this letter has been sent. They also state that they have not been able to contact me in relation to a matter they are dealing with on behalf of Halifax Current Account and that it is important I speak to them directly on the provided 'phone number to resolve this issue otherwise Halifax Current Account reserves the right to take further additional action to re-establish contact with me..(IGNORED)
                            30 Aug. 2016- Letter from Capquest introducing themselves and advising that they have been instructed by their client- Halifax Current Account- to make contact with a view to discussing the outstanding balance and the repayment options available based on my personal circumstances and that it is essential I contact them.
                            (IGNORED)
                            12 Sept. 2016- "Gee-up"Letter from Capquest reminding me that I haven't resolved my outstanding balance and that it is important I contact them to talk about repayment plans that I can afford.

Have had 3 'phone calls and a text as well since first Capquest letter- all ignored
                            Last edited by fightinghard; 12 September 2016, 13:00.

Comment

see what comes next!

Comment

see what comes next!
                                Thanks- will do- wont be losing sleep though while waiting thats for sure !!

Comment

Working...
                                X