GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Fightinghard's Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fightinghard's Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you should of received an annual statement, they should of at least sent you a letter asking to revue payments before now,

as you are close to paying it off, I would just send a letter saying"
    thank you for contacting me, As I have had no contact from you for the last x years could you please supply me with a statement of account detailing payments and dates received, my circumstances have changed since then and I may need to reduce the payment"
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Just a minor point, since this particular account is apparently close to being repaid anyway, but we don't usually ask creditors to rectify their failings do we?

Comment

• no we don't, but its being paid so I like to be a pain in the butt
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Thanks for this advice.- I have requested a statement of account.
          In view of the awful amount of wilful non- coperation on their part in late 2013 (as detailed in my 24th. Jan. 2108 post) during which period they still managed to add some 7 late payment and default charges which, in addition to interest, amounted in total to some £200 I have also requested that these charges be cancelled. Should this lot refuse I intend to stop payments once only that amount remains outstanding on the account then drag things out as far as possible.
          If they dont cancel these charges I guess I will end up paying them in the end but at least in the final hurrah I am going to be (to quote Nightwatch) " a pain in the butt

Comment

Working...
          X