GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Fightinghard's Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fightinghard's Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fightinghard's Diary

Type of account: CAPITAL ONE CREDIT CARD
    Date commenced: - June 2002
    Approx. balance: - £2800
    Date of last Full payment: - March 2013
    Current Arrangement: - No payment made since April 2015 (Self-managed DMP before that from May 2013)
    Account owner: - Still with OC. collection to be handled by Apex (w.e.f. 21/7/15) Then Credit Solutions (w.e.f 16/10/15)

16 March 2015 - C.C.A. Request (Section 78) sent to Cap1.
    2 April 2015 - Recon. Documents (Photocopied Part of Application Form with Sigs. and T & C's received from Cap.1)
    22 April 2015 - Documents uploaded via secure thread
    29 April 2015 - Niddy feels that what was supplied appears ENFORCABLE although it does depend on whether or not the PT's and T&C's supplied under CCA request were present at inception.
    18 May 2015- Template Application Form Letter sent to Cap1.
    27 May 2015- Response from Cap1 advising they have complied with Section 78 and they consider the account enforceable.
    3 June 2015- Response uploaded via secure thread
    4 June 2015 - Niddy says it's a standard response and his 29 April view remains unchanged.
    9 June 2015 - Letter (along with statement of account) from Cap1 requesting missing May payment within 7 days or debt may be passed to DCA or a debt purchaser.
    LETTER IGNORED
    Although Niddy feels this is ENFORCEABLE I have decided to try the UE route (being as this is a pre- 2007 agreement) but should this look like proving unsuccessful at the end of the day then will try and negotiate a reasonable F & F settlement.
    3 July 2015 - further letter from Cap1 again requesting missing May payment with same threats as before-IGNORED. (June instalment well overdue now too)
    21 July2015 - letter from Cap 1 advising they have instructed Apex Credit Management to act on their behalf to arrange repayment and that Apex will be in touch with me shortly
    22 July 2015 - phone call from Apex- told caller to deal with me in writing only (so guess letter will follow soon)
    3 August 2015 -
    Introductory letter received from Apex Credit Management.
    10 August 2015 - Letter from Apex advising me they want to help me take some positive steps towards paying my balance and to contact them within 7 days.
    11 August 2015 - Responding with SWID letter (as suggested previously by Mrs.D, NightWatch, and Pixie and to each of whom I give thanks for their guidance) N.B. Letter to be sent on 17 August 2015)
    13 August 2015 - SAR sent
    22 August 2015 - Further letter from Apex stressing need for me to contact them so they can help with the most suitable solution to help me in repaying.
    22 August 2015 - SWID letter sent.(although a week later than originally intended)
    05 Sept. 2015 -
    Letter from Apex (dated 01/09/15 and rather pleading for me to contact them to discuss my situation so they can help with proposals for affordable repayments otherwise they may begin to assess my account with a view to returning it to their client who could chose to pass it on to an alternative company to recover)
    06 Sept 2015 - Letter to Apex instructing them to read and assimilate the contents of my SWID letter
    09 Sept 2015 -Letter from Cap1 stating that they are unable to provide the docs. I requested in my SAR as my signature on letter of Authority I provided does not match their records and therefore asking that I resend my request with a copy of current driving licence and/or passport attached thereto. Letter states also that my £10 is being refunded separately and will need to be re-submitted with new request and only then will the 40 day time limit commence.
    10 Sept 2015 - Template letter sent (kindly provided by Niddy & basically telling Cap1 they are out of order and must deal with my SAR request anyway

11 Sept 2015 - Letter from Apex advising they have noted my SWID letter and have referred the account to their client for consideration and will be in further contact with me when they have a response. ( LETTER IGNORED)
    23 Sept 2015 - Another introductory letter received from Apex Credit Management (Apart from its date this letter is exactly identical to that I received from Apex on 3 Aug 2015 and is being IGNORED)
    28 Sept 2015 - Cheque for £10.00 (Refund of S.A.R. fee) received from Cap1.
    29 Sept.2015 - Cheque returned to Cap1 (along with copy of my original S.A.R. request dated 13 August 2015 and a copy of my template letter (kindly provided by Niddy) dated 11 September 2015) with a covering letter pointing out that the 40 day prescribed period has now elapsed and Cap1 are, therefore, in breach of D.P. requirements.
    09 Oct. 2015 - Yet another introductory letter received from Apex Credit Management. (Apart from its date this letter is exactly identical to those I received from Apex on 3 Aug 2015 and 23 Sept. 2015 and is again being IGNORED)
    16 Oct. 2015 - Letter from Cap1 again stating that the documents I requested in my recent correspondence have not been supplied as I had not signed my letter.In addition they state they have not received the required fee of £10 as the original payment I made was returned to me by cheque on 7 September. They further state they appreciate that under DPA 1998 I am not required to provide a signature but as they are committed to protecting their customer's personal information they do ask that their customers provide signed letters to satisfy them as to the customer's identity and where this does not match their records they feel it reasonable to request further proof to protect their customers. They then add that I may, therefore send them either a copy of my driving licence or my passport to confirm my identity, alternatively I may contact their Customer Service Department on the telephone number provided at the head of the letter and once my identity has been confirmed they will arrange for my request to be processed. Finally they state that the 40 day time limit to provide an SAR as prescribed by S7(8) of the Act does not commence until they receive the correct documents and appropriate fee.
    18 Oct. 2015 - letter from Cap 1 advising they have now instructed Credit Solutions to act on their behalf to arrange repayment and that Credit Solutions will be in touch with me shortly but I can contact them first if I want to. (I don't want to !!)(LETTER IGNORED)
    27 Oct. 2015 - 'phoned Cap1- (got Customer Services) and was asked to confirm d.o.b., postcode and last 4 digits of mob. no. following which I was advised that they were satisfied re. my identity and my S.A.R. would now be processed subject to receipt of £10. Pointed out that they held my £10 as their refund cheque was returned to them uncashed on 29 Sept. 2015 but was then advised that Cap1. had subsequently raised yet another refund cheque on 14 October and I would now need to return that to them or alternatively send them another £10 straightaway and just cash their (second )refund cheque when it arrived. I mentioned that it was now best part of 3 months since my original S.A.R. and I would now be taking the matter further. ​(As their original refund cheque arrived on 28 Sept., some 19 days after their 9 Sept.letter, I guess I can expect a similar delay in getting their second refund ( nothing arrived so far) so to expedite things I'm sending them another P.O.)
    28 Oct. 2015 - Letter from Credit Solutions requesting that I contact them so one of their agents can work with me to agree a personalised, affordable and maintainable, repayment plan. (IGNORED)
    6 Nov. 2015 - Letter from Credit Solutions urging me to contact them by 17 November 2015 to sort out an affordable repayment plan otherwise account will be returned to Cap1 for further action which could include a) sharing info. with C.R.A.'s which could impact my ability to obtain further credit and b) Cap1 selling my account to a third party who will then become responsible for pursuing the debt.(IGNORED)
    20 Nov. 2015 - Letter from Credit Solutions stating that following a recent review of my account, their client is prepared to accept 50% in settlement and will not pursue the balance further nor pass the balance on to anyone else for recovery. My account will be updated to show a partial settlement although the unpaid balance will remain as an outstanding sum and their client reserves the right to set off the unpaid balance against any subsequent claim I may bring against them. My credit file will be updated to show the balance as satisfied with a special flag to indicate partial settlement and the status amended to reflect the account has been partially settled. This information will remain on my credit file for six years from the date my default was recorded.
    28 Nov 2015- Letter from Credit Solutions expressing their disappointment that I have not contacted them to discuss an affordable repayment plan and advising me that no further notice will be sent to me and if I still fail to make contact, the account will be referred back to their client (Cap. 1) who may then consider selling the debt and I will then no longer be dealing with Capital One Bank (Europe) as any action pursued by the new owner to recover the debt will become their responsibility. To avoid this action taking place I must, therefore, contact Credit Solutions immediately to discuss repayment/ settlement options.
    3 Dec. 2015- Letter from Cap.1 confirming that they hold my £10 fee but stating that if I wished to proceed with my S.A.R. I must send a copy of my Driving Licence or Passport (or contact their Customer Service Department by telephone) in order that my identity may be verified as my earlier letters did not provide a signature.
    7 Dec. 2015 - Sent response letter to Cap.1 expressing my shock and disgust that they were still attempting to use the "signature does not match their records" excuse to delay this request and that they must now check their telephone call records for 27 October 2015 to see that the Duty Manager in Customer Services that day had, as a result of our telephone conversation that day , finally expressed his satisfaction as to my identity and that my S.A.R would, therefore, be processed accordingly.
    Last edited by fightinghard; 25 January 2016, 01:34.

Comment

Sorry- incorrect entry location
      Last edited by fightinghard; 25 January 2016, 01:33.

Comment

Re: Fightinghard's Diary

Current Arrangement: - No payment made since April 2015 (Self-managed DMP before that from May 2013)
        Account owner: - Still with OC. collection to be handled by Apex (w.e.f. 21/7/15) Then Credit Solutions (w.e.f 16/10/15)

2 April 2015 - Recon. Documents (Photocopied Part of Application Form with Sigs. and T & C's received from Cap.1)
        29 April 2015 - Niddy feels that what was supplied appears ENFORCABLE although it does depend on whether or not the PT's and T&C's supplied under CCA request were present at inception.
        27 May 2015- Response from Cap1 advising they have complied with Section 78 and they consider the account enforceable.
        4 June 2015 - Niddy says it's a standard response and his 29 April view remains unchanged.
        9 June 2015 - Letter (along with statement of account) from Cap1 requesting missing May payment within 7 days or debt may be passed to DCA or a debt purchaser.
        LETTER IGNORED
        Although Niddy feels this is ENFORCEABLE I have decided to try the UE route (being as this is a pre- 2007 agreement) but should this look like proving unsuccessful at the end of the day then will try and negotiate a reasonable F & F settlement.
        3 July 2015 - further letter from Cap1 again requesting missing May payment with same threats as before-IGNORED. (June instalment well overdue now too)
        21 July2015 - letter from Cap 1 advising they have instructed Apex Credit Management to act on their behalf to arrange repayment and that Apex will be in touch with me shortly
        22 July 2015 - phone call from Apex- told caller to deal with me in writing only (so guess letter will follow soon)
        3 August 2015 -
        10 August 2015 - Letter from Apex advising me they want to help me take some positive steps towards paying my balance and to contact them within 7 days.
        11 August 2015 - Responding with SWID letter (as suggested previously by Mrs.D, NightWatch, and Pixie and to each of whom I give thanks for their guidance) N.B. Letter to be sent on 17 August 2015)
        22 August 2015 - Further letter from Apex stressing need for me to contact them so they can help with the most suitable solution to help me in repaying.
        22 August 2015 - SWID letter sent.(although a week later than originally intended)
        05 Sept. 2015 -
        Letter from Apex (dated 01/09/15 and rather pleading for me to contact them to discuss my situation so they can help with proposals for affordable repayments otherwise they may begin to assess my account with a view to returning it to their client who could chose to pass it on to an alternative company to recover)
        06 Sept 2015 - Letter to Apex instructing them to read and assimilate the contents of my SWID letter
        09 Sept 2015 -Letter from Cap1 stating that they are unable to provide the docs. I requested in my SAR as my signature on letter of Authority I provided does not match their records and therefore asking that I resend my request with a copy of current driving licence and/or passport attached thereto. Letter states also that my £10 is being refunded separately and will need to be re-submitted with new request and only then will the 40 day time limit commence.
        10 Sept 2015 - Template letter sent (kindly provided by Niddy & basically telling Cap1 they are out of order and must deal with my SAR request anyway

11 Sept 2015 - Letter from Apex advising they have noted my SWID letter and have referred the account to their client for consideration and will be in further contact with me when they have a response. ( LETTER IGNORED)
        23 Sept 2015 - Another introductory letter received from Apex Credit Management (Apart from its date this letter is exactly identical to that I received from Apex on 3 Aug 2015 and is being IGNORED)
        29 Sept.2015 - Cheque returned to Cap1 (along with copy of my original S.A.R. request dated 13 August 2015 and a copy of my template letter (kindly provided by Niddy) dated 11 September 2015) with a covering letter pointing out that the 40 day prescribed period has now elapsed and Cap1 are, therefore, in breach of D.P. requirements.
        09 Oct. 2015 - Yet another introductory letter received from Apex Credit Management. (Apart from its date this letter is exactly identical to those I received from Apex on 3 Aug 2015 and 23 Sept. 2015 and is again being IGNORED)
        16 Oct. 2015 - Letter from Cap1 again stating that the documents I requested in my recent correspondence have not been supplied as I had not signed my letter.In addition they state they have not received the required fee of £10 as the original payment I made was returned to me by cheque on 7 September. They further state they appreciate that under DPA 1998 I am not required to provide a signature but as they are committed to protecting their customer's personal information they do ask that their customers provide signed letters to satisfy them as to the customer's identity and where this does not match their records they feel it reasonable to request further proof to protect their customers. They then add that I may, therefore send them either a copy of my driving licence or my passport to confirm my identity, alternatively I may contact their Customer Service Department on the telephone number provided at the head of the letter and once my identity has been confirmed they will arrange for my request to be processed. Finally they state that the 40 day time limit to provide an SAR as prescribed by S7(8) of the Act does not commence until they receive the correct documents and appropriate fee.
        18 Oct. 2015 - letter from Cap 1 advising they have now instructed Credit Solutions to act on their behalf to arrange repayment and that Credit Solutions will be in touch with me shortly but I can contact them first if I want to. (I don't want to !!)(LETTER IGNORED)
        27 Oct. 2015 - 'phoned Cap1- (got Customer Services) and was asked to confirm d.o.b., postcode and last 4 digits of mob. no. following which I was advised that they were satisfied re. my identity and my S.A.R. would now be processed subject to receipt of £10. Pointed out that they held my £10 as their refund cheque was returned to them uncashed on 29 Sept. 2015 but was then advised that Cap1. had subsequently raised yet another refund cheque on 14 October and I would now need to return that to them or alternatively send them another £10 straightaway and just cash their (second )refund cheque when it arrived. I mentioned that it was now best part of 3 months since my original S.A.R. and I would now be taking the matter further. ​(As their original refund cheque arrived on 28 Sept., some 19 days after their 9 Sept.letter, I guess I can expect a similar delay in getting their second refund ( nothing arrived so far) so to expedite things I'm sending them another P.O.)
        28 Oct. 2015 - Letter from Credit Solutions requesting that I contact them so one of their agents can work with me to agree a personalised, affordable and maintainable, repayment plan. (IGNORED)
        6 Nov. 2015 - Letter from Credit Solutions urging me to contact them by 17 November 2015 to sort out an affordable repayment plan otherwise account will be returned to Cap1 for further action which could include a) sharing info. with C.R.A.'s which could impact my ability to obtain further credit and b) Cap1 selling my account to a third party who will then become responsible for pursuing the debt.(IGNORED)
        20 Nov. 2015 - Letter from Credit Solutions stating that following a recent review of my account, their client is prepared to accept 50% in settlement and will not pursue the balance further nor pass the balance on to anyone else for recovery. My account will be updated to show a partial settlement although the unpaid balance will remain as an outstanding sum and their client reserves the right to set off the unpaid balance against any subsequent claim I may bring against them. My credit file will be updated to show the balance as satisfied with a special flag to indicate partial settlement and the status amended to reflect the account has been partially settled. This information will remain on my credit file for six years from the date my default was recorded.
        28 Nov 2015- Letter from Credit Solutions expressing their disappointment that I have not contacted them to discuss an affordable repayment plan and advising me that no further notice will be sent to me and if I still fail to make contact, the account will be referred back to their client (Cap. 1) who may then consider selling the debt and I will then no longer be dealing with Capital One Bank (Europe) as any action pursued by the new owner to recover the debt will become their responsibility. To avoid this action taking place I must, therefore, contact Credit Solutions immediately to discuss repayment/ settlement options.
        3 Dec. 2015- Letter from Cap.1 confirming that they hold my £10 fee but stating that if I wished to proceed with my S.A.R. I must send a copy of my Driving Licence or Passport (or contact their Customer Service Department by telephone) in order that my identity may be verified as my earlier letters did not provide a signature.
        7 Dec. 2015 - Sent response letter to Cap.1 expressing my shock and disgust that they were still attempting to use the "signature does not match their records" excuse to delay this request and that they must now check their telephone call records for 27 October 2015 to see that the Duty Manager in Customer Services that day had, as a result of our telephone conversation that day , finally expressed his satisfaction as to my identity and that my S.A.R would, therefore, be processed accordingly.
        15 Jan 2016 - EVENTUALLY- package from Cap.1 with documentation relating to nearly all my account details since its inception in 2002 to date.

Appears , however, to make no reference to PPI ( with the exception of the monthly amounts I paid up til 2007 when I cancelled the PPI. It does however enable me to calculate any redress which may be due in this respect should I need to pursue that course

Comment

Can they be any more awkward ? xx
          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Fightinghard's DiaryType of account: Halifax Ultimate Reward Current Account
            Date commenced: - April 2010
            Approx. balance: - £600
            Current Arrangement: - No payment made since May 2015 (Self-managed DMP before that from May 2013)
            Account owner: - Still with OC-but thro. Robinson Way(11/2013) then Moorcroft (10/2015)

22 June 2015 - Template letter offering 15% F & F Settlement sent (with Proof of Posting)
            03 July 2015 - Unsatisfactory (to me anyway) response from Robway so N.F.A. from me in this matter.
            16 Sept 2015 - Statement of account from RobWay ( with Halifax logo in letterhead !) covering period 11/14 to 06/15
            ( Filed)
            18 Sept. 2015 - Letter from Robway advising that this account remains unpaid despite their repeated attempts to contact me and I can, therefore, telephone/email one of their trained debt advisers for help/advice in setting up an affordable re-payment plan. Details are also given of several organisations that can offer free, impartial, advice. (LETTER IGNORED)
            12 Oct. 2015 - Letter from Halifax Bank stating that as they have not been able to agree a suitable plan they have now transferred my HALIFAX debt to Debt Collection Agency Moorcroft Group PLC and have instructed Moorcroft to arrange collection of the outstanding amount. They request, therefore, that I contact Moorcroft a.s.a.p. to arrange repayment of the outstanding balance.
            (LETTER IGNORED)
            14 Oct. 2015 - Letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd. stating they have been instructed by Halifax to collect my overdue account and that I must now make payment in full or, alternatively, contact them immediately in order to reach a repayment agreement by 19th October, otherwise they may have no alternative but to take further debt recovery action, which both they and their client do not wish to take.
            17 Oct. 2015./22 Oct. 2015 - 2 'phone calls from different 0161 (Manchester area code) numbers. (Both calls were IGNORED but a Google search of the numbers showed both to be from Moorcroft).
            23 Oct. 2015 - Text from Moorcroft requesting I contact them immediately. (IGNORED)
            26 Oct 2015 - Letter received from Moorcroft headed POSSIBLE FURTHER ACTION and requesting payment proposals before 30/10/15 otherwise they may have no alternative other than to recommend that their clients consider possible further debt recovery action against me. They add that they will discuss a repayment programme that I can afford and maintain and that in certain circumstances they may be able to offer a substantial discount from the o/s balance.
            27 Oct. 2015 - Template Bank Account C.C.A. letter sent to Moorcroft (with proof of posting)
            5 Nov 2015 - Letter from |Moorcroft acknowledging my query and advising that they will not contact me re. this account while the issue is being investigated and which investigation may take some time as they need to contact their client.
            24 November 2015- Letter from Moorcroft advising that they have been in touch with Halifax Bank who have requested that I confirm the specific dates I require copy statements from so they can deal with my request. Halifax also confirm that as the balance relates to a current account they are unable to provide a copy agreement. Moorcroft advise that the account has now been placed on hold while awaiting my response until 18 December 2015.-

I eventually decided to ignore this response and not submit a F & F request but rather wait for what might happen next.

1st Jan 2016 - Letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd
            (dated on Bank Holiday!!! but recd. 6 Jan) stating that to prevent possible further action I must send my payment proposals to them before 8 Jan 2016 - IGNORED
            15 Jan 2016 - letter from Moorcroft stating their concern that they have not received any payment proposals from me but that they are prepared to accept a sensible monthly repayment plan which reflects my financial circumstances. -
            IGNORED
            1 Feb 2016 - letter from Moorcroft advising that as no agreement has been reached they have been asked to review my account to consider steps which may now be taken in relation to further debt recovery action including continued atempts to contact by phone/letter; referal to their Home Collection Division for a home visit and possible further adverse reporting entries on my Credit file-
            IGNORED.
            10 Feb 2016 - Letter from Halifax Bank advising that as no suitable repayment plan has been agreed, this account has been transferred to Westcot Credit Services Ltd. with instruction to Westcot to arrange collection of the outstanding amount.-
            IGNOREDSo another D.C.A. bites the dust, lets see now what Westcott come up with !!

Comment

Nicely dealt with
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                Can they be any more awkward ? xx
                Indeed- they certainly have led me a merry dance on this one (although they probably think i'm doing the same to them with regard to my non- payments etc.!!!!!) but at least I got there in the end, (which is something I sincerely hope they wont be able to manage!)

Comment

Re: Fightinghard's Diary

LETTER IGNORED
                  3 August 2015 -
                  05 Sept. 2015 -

15 Jan 2016 - EVENTUALLY- package from Cap.1 with documentation relating to nearly all my account details since its inception in 2002 to date.
                  20 Jan 2016 - Letter from CapitalOne advising that my account is no longer being managed by the Debt Collection Agency who were acting on behalf of CapitalOne (Credit Solutions Ltd) and that it is important that I work with CapOne to reduce my debt.- IGNORED

No indication in this letter of any further D.C.A. involvement so a matter of wait and see what comes next I guess. (Anyway that's the second D.C.A.'s seen off so far )

Comment

Bet there will be another xx

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by fightinghard View Post
                      (Anyway that's the second D.C.A.'s seen off so far )

It's a good feeling isn't it?
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Re: Fightinghard's DiaryType of account: Halifax Ultimate Reward Current Account
                        Date commenced: - April 2010
                        Approx. balance: - £600
                        Current Arrangement: - No payment made since May 2015 (Self-managed DMP before that from May 2013)
                        Account owner: - Still with OC-but thro. Robinson Way(11/2013) then Moorcroft (10/2015) then Westcot (02/2016)

22 June 2015 - Template letter offering 15% F & F Settlement sent (with Proof of Posting)
                        03 July 2015 - Unsatisfactory (to me anyway) response from Robway so N.F.A. from me in this matter.
                        16 Sept 2015 - Statement of account from RobWay ( with Halifax logo in letterhead !) covering period 11/14 to 06/15
                        ( Filed)
                        18 Sept. 2015 - Letter from Robway advising that this account remains unpaid despite their repeated attempts to contact me and I can, therefore, telephone/email one of their trained debt advisers for help/advice in setting up an affordable re-payment plan. Details are also given of several organisations that can offer free, impartial, advice. (LETTER IGNORED)
                        12 Oct. 2015 - Letter from Halifax Bank stating that as they have not been able to agree a suitable plan they have now transferred my HALIFAX debt to Debt Collection Agency Moorcroft Group PLC and have instructed Moorcroft to arrange collection of the outstanding amount. They request, therefore, that I contact Moorcroft a.s.a.p. to arrange repayment of the outstanding balance.
                        (LETTER IGNORED)
                        14 Oct. 2015 - Letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd. stating they have been instructed by Halifax to collect my overdue account and that I must now make payment in full or, alternatively, contact them immediately in order to reach a repayment agreement by 19th October, otherwise they may have no alternative but to take further debt recovery action, which both they and their client do not wish to take.
                        17 Oct. 2015./22 Oct. 2015 - 2 'phone calls from different 0161 (Manchester area code) numbers. (Both calls were IGNORED but a Google search of the numbers showed both to be from Moorcroft).
                        23 Oct. 2015 - Text from Moorcroft requesting I contact them immediately. (IGNORED)
                        26 Oct 2015 - Letter received from Moorcroft headed POSSIBLE FURTHER ACTION and requesting payment proposals before 30/10/15 otherwise they may have no alternative other than to recommend that their clients consider possible further debt recovery action against me. They add that they will discuss a repayment programme that I can afford and maintain and that in certain circumstances they may be able to offer a substantial discount from the o/s balance.
                        27 Oct. 2015 - Template Bank Account C.C.A. letter sent to Moorcroft (with proof of posting)
                        5 Nov 2015 - Letter from |Moorcroft acknowledging my query and advising that they will not contact me re. this account while the issue is being investigated and which investigation may take some time as they need to contact their client.
                        24 November 2015- Letter from Moorcroft advising that they have been in touch with Halifax Bank who have requested that I confirm the specific dates I require copy statements from so they can deal with my request. Halifax also confirm that as the balance relates to a current account they are unable to provide a copy agreement. Moorcroft advise that the account has now been placed on hold while awaiting my response until 18 December 2015.-

I eventually decided to ignore this response and not submit a F & F request but rather wait for what might happen next.

1st Jan 2016 - Letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd
                        (dated on Bank Holiday!!! but recd. 6 Jan) stating that to prevent possible further action I must send my payment proposals to them before 8 Jan 2016 - IGNORED
                        15 Jan 2016 - letter from Moorcroft stating their concern that they have not received any payment proposals from me but that they are prepared to accept a sensible monthly repayment plan which reflects my financial circumstances. -
                        IGNORED
                        1 Feb 2016 - letter from Moorcroft advising that as no agreement has been reached they have been asked to review my account to consider steps which may now be taken in relation to further debt recovery action including continued atempts to contact by phone/letter; referal to their Home Collection Division for a home visit and possible further adverse reporting entries on my Credit file-
                        IGNORED.
                        10 Feb 2016 - Letter from Halifax Bank advising that as no suitable repayment plan has been agreed, this account has been transferred to Westcot Credit Services Ltd. with instruction to Westcot to arrange collection of the outstanding amount.-
                        IGNORED.
                        17 Feb. 216- Letter from Wescot advising they have been instructed by their client- Halifax Current Account- to make contact with a view to discussing the outstanding balance and the repayment options available based on my personal circumstances and that it is essential I contact them within the next ten days. - (IGNORED)
                        27th Feb. 2016 - Letter from Westcot stating that their enquiries have confirmed that I am , in fact, still resident at my current address and that it is essential I contact them urgently in order to take control of this issue otherwise they will continue to undertake activities including phone calls, texting and lettering to recover this account on behalf of Halifax Current Account. - (IGNORED)
                        8 March 20156 - -Letter from Westcott regretting that they have not received a response from me but that in an attempt to close this matter their client has agreed to offer a significant discount to settle the account (which will be recorded on my credit file and I will not need to pay the remaining balance). However should I not contact them in this respect their client has instructed them to continue seeking recovery of the full balance

This 8 March Letter does not indicate what "significant" means in terms of percentage discount and makes me think this simply a ploy to get me to contact them. My initial feeling is to ignore that letter but there is also a temptation to send to them the template F & F letter specifying therein the sum which is available to me for this purpose. (as I did in June last year with another DCA who were chasing this account although that did,of course, prove fruitless in the event).

Anyway, as usual, any thoughts or suggestions will be welcome.

Last edited by fightinghard; 14 March 2016, 01:28. Reason: A new "chasing" DCA added under "Account Owner"

Comment

I would be tempted to sit it out as long as poss, as you say it could be that they are trying to *tempt* you to contact them, let's see what comes next. NW x

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                            I would be tempted to sit it out as long as poss, as you say it could be that they are trying to *tempt* you to contact them, let's see what comes next. NW x
                            Thanks Nightwatch- I'm going to adopt your suggestion and sit it out to see what comes next.

Comment

Don'tbe "ttempted" xxx

Comment

Yes, I'd wait and see what they send next.
                                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
                                X