GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Traintester's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Traintester's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traintester's UE diary

Background.

I was a student in the early 2000s, got all the student accounts, people in the street waving credit card applications at you all the time, got a few, life was good. Then my world fell apart for one reason or another, lost my latterly acquired job and income and then just plain ran away. All my credit was taken up pre 2007...

There have been a few letters back and forth to Bryan Carter for a £4197 debt, they seem to have given up on that one after sending a duff CCA back and me disputing the contents. I was using MSE's forums in those days but have had enough of people on high horses moralising at me etc and today I have found AAD and have hope in my heart.

I have had letters going back and forth with Arrow Global for a debt assigned by RBOS and seem to banging my head against a brick wall so now I am asking NIDDY for help, Here goes!
    Last edited by Traintester; 8 December 2012, 11:02.

Re: Traintester's UE diary

Royal Bank of Scotland.

£2869.23.

16/04/2007 Defaulted

10/12/11 CCA request sent

28/12/11 Reply received stating that "Arrow Global do not accept that they are the creditor as envisaged by the CCA 1974 but are willing to assist in obtaining that which has been requested. "

19/10/2012 !!! CCA, Terms and conditions and statements received

26/10/2012 Letter sent disputing validity of details received as agreement started before 2007.

22/11/2012 Received Dispute of dispute

08/12/2012 Found AAD. Sent copy of CCA to NIDDY..

10/12/12 Niddy says possible enforceable

10/12/12 Sent UE letter anyway!

12/12/12 Niddy's cast his marvellous eye over it all and says UNENFORCEABLE!!

18/01/13 Received letter from AG stating that they "believe the agreement complies with the statute."

22/01/13 Sent SAR request to RBS to find out when SB kicks in

14/02/13 "We require your signature to provide info requested " letter received

16/02/13 Signature request reply template letter sent rec del

02/04/13 "We require your signature to provide info requested " letter received

10/04/13 ACCOUNT DISAPPEARS FROM CREDIT FILE!!! GREAT SUCCESS!!!
    Last edited by Traintester; 10 April 2013, 13:55.

Comment

Heres hoping for a result for you and welcome to AAD

Comment

Emailed Niddy

Here's hoping!

If anyone else thinks I need to post more info I have copies of all the correspondence so far, I just wish I'd found this forum earlier.

Thanks to everyone for all the great information on here, it really is a goldmine.

Traintester.

Comment

Originally posted by Traintester View Post
          Emailed Niddy

Here's hoping!

If anyone else thinks I need to post more info I have copies of all the correspondence so far, I just wish I'd found this forum earlier.

Thanks to everyone for all the great information on here, it really is a goldmine.

Traintester.
          It sounds as though you've found us in time to get yourself on the right track (awful pun intended). We don't have any of the high and mighty moralising which people suffer on Martin's Spongiform Encephalopathy, we are purely here to help.

Welcome and good luck with everything.

SH

Comment

Its not clear above, but can you advise us (if possible)
            the exact date (or as near to) when you took the card out,
            the date of the last payment,
            and when you were formally defaulted.

EDIT - Ok, seen the default date - when was the LAST payment made. Looks from the above this could already be very close to being Statute Barred!
            Last edited by oscar; 8 December 2012, 12:30.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Its not clear above, but can you advise us (if possible)
              the exact date (or as near to) when you took the card out,

Exact date of application - 10/04/02
              Start date of account according to Equifax - 07/05/02

the date of the last payment,

Exact date of last payment is not known, is there any way of finding this out, i.e. any kind of official request letter? The exact date of the last payment must have been a couple of months before the default date at least

and when you were formally defaulted.

Formally defaulted as above 16/04/12
              Last edited by Traintester; 8 December 2012, 12:45.

Comment

Welcome here, and god luck with this journey, this place is a goldmine.

Comment

Hi all and thanks for all the welcome messages.

I need something cleared up here and hopefully someone will be able to help.

I reply to my CCA request I received an account statement, some terms and conditions badly photocopied.
                  Along with these was a photo copy of the application form for the account.

Does there have to be an agreement signed by me and the bank present in this lot or not?

Thanks,

Traintester

Comment

Hi all and thanks for all the welcome messages.

I need something cleared up here and hopefully someone will be able to help.

I reply to my CCA request I received an account statement, some terms and conditions badly photocopied.
                    Along with these was a photo copy of the application form for the account.

Does there have to be an agreement signed by me and the bank present in this lot or not?

Thanks,

Traintester
                    Usually you'd send either of these back

1st choice. Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Illegible Document Received

2nd choice. Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Edit: Niddy's already answered
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Niddy,

Did you get a chance to look at the documents I put up in the documents section only viewable by you?

Thanks,

Traintester

Comment

Hi Niddy,

Did you get a chance to look at the documents I put up in the documents section only viewable by you?

Thanks,

Traintester
                          not as yet, I will do before close of play tonight (or before 8am)
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy

Missing PTs off in the post tomorrow.

Traintester

Comment

Niddy says could be enforceable

But going to try the art of blag.

Here goes nothing!!!

Comment

Working...