GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MBNA request I&E - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MBNA request I&E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBNA request I&E

Morning! I've send MBNA my 1st letter to offer my payment as I am having finacial difficulties. I've also requested them to take my phone number of their system. MBNA have now replied. Can someone please advice would I need to provide the info they requested. I've read in forums that I don't need to, the less info they know the better, is this correct? Please help, I am running out of time to reply MBNA. Thanks bobo

My UE Diary is here: ---> viewtopic.php?f=49&t=494
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle!

Re: MBNA request I&E

Originally posted by bobogosing
    Morning! I've send MBNA my 1st letter to offer my payment as I am having finacial difficulties. I've also requested them to take my phone number of their system. MBNA have now replied. Can someone please advice would I need to provide the info they requested. I've read in forums that I don't need to, the less info they know the better, is this correct? Please help, I am running out of time to reply MBNA. Thanks bobo
    Hi

read this and provide the details requested for each and every account you have - not just MBNA: ---> viewtopic.php?p=6789#p6789

If MBNA is your only account then you need to think long and hard as you will get defaulted if you look at UE. Calm down, you're not running out of any time - they cannot give a time limit - you dictate the law to them, not the other way around!

Listen you found us now, so stop worrying calm down and tell me more - with what you have said (very basic) I cannot really offer much help. ;Hmm
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hello NIDDY!

This is the letter I got back from MBNA.

I know they'll default me as I simply cannot afford the min payments anymore. I've 5 creditors in total and will post individually so I will not get muddle up myself.

1. Type of account (credit card/loan)--------- Its a MBNA Visa card

2. Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)------- Cannot remember the exact date, think its 1999/2000

3. Approx balance---------£21,300

4. Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) 17/8/10

5. Are you on arrangement or not paying-------No. I send a chq of £50 for Septtember payment when the payment should be £451.27. The interest have gone sky high after August payment. They've put the min payments to over £400+, before that it was £300+. So, I thought enough is enough.

6. Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)-----I will be in arrears from September because I only offered to pay £50 instead of £451.27.

7. Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)------The lender is writing to me.

Hope this is clear enough. Thanks bobo

Comment

Sorry! Forfot to ask, do I need to provide the info they requested, I&E, creditors I owe to, etc... Thanks bobo

Comment

Is this the only account? Or are you in lots of other debt? Please elaborate
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I have 5 creditors.

MBNA Visa, MBNA Virgin, Sainsbury, Barclaycard and Mint.

I've send my 1st payment offer to MBNA Visa, Virgin and Mint. Going to do the same for Sainsbury and Mint this week. Thanks bobo

Comment

Why are you making F&F offers and not pursuing unenforceability? Please refer back to my earlier post and list each account and we'll look at each one, but you must cease repayments if advised therefore provide the info sooner so we can stop you digging a deeper hole.....

You're being too evasive.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
                Why are you making F&F offers and not pursuing unenforceability? Please refer back to my earlier post and list each account and we'll look at each one, but you must cease repayments if advised therefore provide the info sooner so we can stop you digging a deeper hole.....

You're being too evasive.
                Ok, will post all the accounts in the morning and I am sorry to be evasive. I really am panicking what'll happen to us. I am scared that'll they come knocking and take everything away from us. I am scared that we'll loose the house. Have not been sleeping proper and not thinking straight. I know its all my own fault and I need to to sort it out. Been too proud to admit we are in trouble and keep using credit cards to stay afloat. I am glad I've found this forum and hopefully I will get to see the light again. Really grateful for your help. bobo

Comment

Hi Bob ;Hi1

I really am panicking what'll happen to us. I am scared that'll they come knocking and take everything away from us.
                  I know its hard but try to relax a little and take a deep breath. Getting you in a panic is what these companies rely on. You then don't think straight and agree to something you shouldn't.

Those letters are deliberately intended to provoke a reaction and stress you out. Don't let them have that satisfaction.

When you say 'I am scared that they'll come knocking this is highly unlikely to happen. Unless you already have a CCJ against you, and you have defaulted on it, then no-one can take anything off you.

If a Door Step Collector (as opposed to a bailliff) turns up then they have less powers than the milkman and you can tell them to take a hike. If they don't then you call the police as they are tresspassing.

I am scared that we'll loose the house
                  This is incredibly unlikely to happen. You are many many many steps away yet from even getting to court for the debt (which won't happen if they are unenforceable). To order a sale of the house they have to prove so much and you would defend. The chances of them being successful on this are so remote for so many reasons.

They use all this as bluster to stress you out .

Don't let them k

Best
                  SnV
                  "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hello, I've managed to post all my creditors on here viewtopic.php?f=49&t=494

Please take alook and advice what I need to do. Thanks bobo

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar
                      Hi Bob ;Hi1

I really am panicking what'll happen to us. I am scared that'll they come knocking and take everything away from us.
                      I know its hard but try to relax a little and take a deep breath. Getting you in a panic is what these companies rely on. You then don't think straight and agree to something you shouldn't.

Those letters are deliberately intended to provoke a reaction and stress you out. Don't let them have that satisfaction.

When you say 'I am scared that they'll come knocking this is highly unlikely to happen. Unless you already have a CCJ against you, and you have defaulted on it, then no-one can take anything off you.

If a Door Step Collector (as opposed to a bailliff) turns up then they have less powers than the milkman and you can tell them to take a hike. If they don't then you call the police as they are tresspassing.

I am scared that we'll loose the house
                      This is incredibly unlikely to happen. You are many many many steps away yet from even getting to court for the debt (which won't happen if they are unenforceable). To order a sale of the house they have to prove so much and you would defend. The chances of them being successful on this are so remote for so many reasons.

They use all this as bluster to stress you out .

Don't let them k

Best
                      SnV
                      Thanks SnV! I am also scared that I would use the wrong letters to send. All the letters and legal words are so complicated and I don't want to put my foot in it if I used the wrong legal letters/words. ;P-; ;Red

Comment

That's why I asked for full details then we'll give you best advice. Just hold fire and I'll be back early morning and update then..

Dont stress ok, you're in safe hands here.

Comment

Thanks so much Niddy!

Comment

I'll update your diary here: ---> viewtopic.php?f=49&t=494

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
                              I'll update your diary here: ---> viewtopic.php?f=49&t=494
                              Thanks! bobo

Comment

Working...
                              X